Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Riley Cooper anyone?

1. -31
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    So you think the use of that word is worse than the dolphins player who kicked someones front door in last season?

Or Brent going drink driving and killing his teammate?

Or Vick and his well known prisonsentance?

Spare me.
    There's always someone worse. Always. Congratulations for discovering this. I'd write more but I'm just leaving now to eat a fourteen foot long burrito, but you can't exactly call it long because there have been burritos longer than it.
    No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Lookin' for Lee Ho Fooks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kings Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just an observation...

Whenever some sports figure does something wrong, there's always a bunch of people who come to their defense by offering names of other sports figures who have committed more egregious acts. The end result of that logic stream is that no one can really be told they've done something which makes them unworthy of the privilege of playing that sport unless what they've done is so vile that nothing else compares ...and at this point, short of murder everything else seems to be easy enough for some to casually dismiss it with "but so-and-so did this..."

Personally, I'd like to see sports cleaned up. I blame the owners' greed more than the players for why it's gotten as bad as it is. At any time, the owners collectively could have said "This is the line, cross it and your out." But bad publicity is as effective as good publicity for putting butts in seats, so greed trumps pretty much anything else. But this is America and here, greed is a virtue.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Riley Cooper anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by illscriptures View Post
    Personal feelings aside, he could be one of our top 5 WR's. We have plenty of injuries in the WR core that need to be addressed and he would be a great #4 WR. Would you guys be opposed?
    Um., last time I checked he was still under contract with the Eagles, so not sure where you're going with this

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Quote Originally Posted by beast_mode View Post
    I am no one to judge what is WORSE. I am also not black to know how much that word hurts and I doubt you are either so you are no one to say how offensive or not it is to someone. What I do think is that it is more relevant in a locker room knowing that a certain person feels a certain way about you because of your skin color. A guy that beat his wife or drove drunk doesn't affect me in any way - that's between him and the law, god. But if a man loathes me because of my skin color, I can't have his back. And he didn't just say a word - he revealed what he thinks of blacks. That's the real problem.

Compared to what many in his sport have done his offense was relatively minor and will be quickly forgotton. This is todays big media story there will be a new one next week, just ask Mike Pouncey.

People can get on their high horse and call for him to be sacked and demand the sport to be cleaned up but The first time he catches a pass for a big gain or a td all will be forgiven, he messed up, he was a prat, he didnt kill anyone and his life and carrer will go on, the NFL forgives all when you are useful to it.
    Im selling a club level ticket to the Dolphins v Raiders in London - will sell it for below face value. PM me if your interested.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Compared to what many in his sport have done his offense was relatively minor and will be quickly forgotton. This is todays big media story there will be a new one next week, just ask Mike Pouncey.

People can get on their high horse and call for him to be sacked and demand the sport to be cleaned up but The first time he catches a pass for a big gain or a td all will be forgiven, he messed up, he was a prat, he didnt kill anyone and his life and carrer will go on, the NFL forgives all when you are useful to it.
    Relatively minor to you. I don't care if he plays again or not but the players will care if he's in their locker room. That's Cooper's problem - his way of thinking divides a locker room and I don't want any part of that on my team. He's toxic at this point.
    Difference Makers dolphins should target in draft:
    Eric Ebron (TE) North Carolina
    Zack Martin (G) Notre Dame
    Calvin Pryor (S) Louisville
    Mike Evans (WR) Texas A&M
    Brandin Cooks (WR) Oregon State
    Lache Seastrunk (RB) Baylor
    Andrew Jackson (ILB) Western Kentucky
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Califa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Pouncey would defend him, amirite?
    holy **** the 8 bit smilie avatar blown up and distorted is glorious lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Been one of my biggest issues with him. Every single year, EVERY YEAR, he makes one completely boneheaded signing that makes you think he went on a massive coke bender the night before, slept in the office, woke up still high as **** and started making calls to anybody that would answer at 4 AM on a weekday; which is apparently **** players like Naanee, Colombo, Barbie Carpenter, etc.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Riley Cooper anyone?

I am no one to judge what is WORSE. I am also not black to know how much that word hurts and I doubt you are either so you are no one to say how offensive or not it is to someone. What I do think is that it is more relevant in a locker room knowing that a certain person feels a certain way about you because of your skin color. A guy that beat his wife or drove drunk doesn't affect me in any way - that's between him and the law, god. But if a man loathes me because of my skin color, I can't have his back. And he didn't just say a word - he revealed what he thinks of blacks. That's the real problem.
    He was referring to a very specific group of people at a concert. He was making a blanket statement of an entire race or people. Come on people he made a mistake using the wrong choice of words.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Califa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he is going to be killed first time going over the middle & that's if he ever plays again.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft Myers, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can we bring him in change his name and haircut, bam problem solved.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Relatively minor to you. I don't care if he plays again or not but the players will care if he's in their locker room. That's Cooper's problem - his way of thinking divides a locker room and I don't want any part of that on my team. He's toxic at this point.
    Its minor to anyone when compared to some very serious offenses that get carried out by people in this league. Was it rude, yes, was it hurtful yes, should he be punished? Yes. But lets not pretend he is out leaving people in hospital or commitng some other major offense.

First time he makes a play this is forgotton forever. frankly it will be forgotton by next week when the next player sticks his foot in it.
    Quote Quote