Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 76

Thread: Dolphins shut down Dion Jordan trying not to 'overload him'

  1. -1
    number1fin's Avatar
    #onephin

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2012
    Posts:
    1,390
    vCash:
    2377
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin

    Dolphins shut down Dion Jordan trying not to 'overload him'

    DAVIE –Miami Dolphins first-round pick Dion Jordan sat out his second straight practice,and it appears the team's trainers and coaches might put the rookie pass rusher on ice for a couple more days. Defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle hinted that the Dolphins are concerned about the lingering shoulder injury Jordan had surgically repaired in February,and will likely scale back his practice participation for at least a week.

    “We’ve obviously taken some precaution as we move forward with Dion,not wanting to overload him,” Coyle said of Jordan,the third-overall pick in the 2013 draft. “We have a plan in place that will get him ready to participate at the level we feel best at when we begin the season.
    http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#secti.../p2p-77001689/

    Let us all collectively keep our fingers crossed that he will be ready to go for the opener.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2012
    Posts:
    1,343
    vCash:
    11075
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is pretty maddening. Why did he have to trade up for a guy who was hurt, with an injury that might derail his whole career? I love his film from Oregon as much as anyone else but he's skinny as hell and has a freakin' shoulder injury?

    Don't ya think we coulda got a pretty good player at that position AND kept another draft pick to draft a better OLineman than Dallas Thomas or a better corner than Jamar Taylor (a guy with a freakin' sports hernia?). Damn.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    LikeUntoGod's Avatar
    The Oracle

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    3,443
    vCash:
    1930
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It would be massively foolish to take a 3% risk in not allowing his injury to heal. First seasons are hard enough for most rookies. By next year he will be bigger and faster.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2013
    Posts:
    177
    vCash:
    1733
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    He'll be fine, just have to be patient. Better to be cautious now and have him for 10+ years than to rush him in.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    LikeUntoGod's Avatar
    The Oracle

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    3,443
    vCash:
    1930
    Loc:
    Gainesville Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtiv View Post

    Don't ya think we coulda got a pretty good player at that position AND kept another draft pick to draft a better OLineman than Dallas Thomas or a better corner than Jamar Taylor (a guy with a freakin' sports hernia?). Damn.
    No.

    All three are good players and they were drafted because of the players they will be in 2-3 years vs the players they are now (as are most drafted players).
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Phindog's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2010
    Posts:
    3,058
    vCash:
    1808
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtiv View Post
    This is pretty maddening. Why did he have to trade up for a guy who was hurt, with an injury that might derail his whole career? I love his film from Oregon as much as anyone else but he's skinny as hell and has a freakin' shoulder injury?

    Don't ya think we coulda got a pretty good player at that position AND kept another draft pick to draft a better OLineman than Dallas Thomas or a better corner than Jamar Taylor (a guy with a freakin' sports hernia?). Damn.
    No
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    DolphinDevil28's Avatar
    I like boobs.

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2003
    Posts:
    12,869
    vCash:
    6202
    Loc:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtiv View Post
    This is pretty maddening. Why did he have to trade up for a guy who was hurt, with an injury that might derail his whole career? I love his film from Oregon as much as anyone else but he's skinny as hell and has a freakin' shoulder injury?

    Don't ya think we coulda got a pretty good player at that position AND kept another draft pick to draft a better OLineman than Dallas Thomas or a better corner than Jamar Taylor (a guy with a freakin' sports hernia?). Damn.
    Oh God here we go.

    There's THAT post.


    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2012
    Posts:
    1,343
    vCash:
    11075
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Are we playing with a bigger eye on 2014 than 2013? We could be, but then how many of these players will be gone after this year?

    Do we think of the 2013 Dolphins like the 1991 Cowboys? A team good enough to maybe sneak into the playoffs and then go on a dynasty run in following years? That would be awesome. Maybe I'm putting too many hope eggs in the 2013 basket and 2014 is really where it's at.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Phindog's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2010
    Posts:
    3,058
    vCash:
    1808
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtiv View Post
    Are we playing with a bigger eye on 2014 than 2013? We could be, but then how many of these players will be gone after this year?

    Do we think of the 2013 Dolphins like the 1991 Cowboys? A team good enough to maybe sneak into the playoffs and then go on a dynasty run in following years? That would be awesome. Maybe I'm putting too many hope eggs in the 2013 basket and 2014 is really where it's at.
    You are,the season is not balancing on Dion Jordon being in the line up early and often,just like the season is not balancing on Mike Wallace catching 40 yard bombs every game,both will be a big part of our success but not hinge on them and them only especially Dion Jordon.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2011
    Posts:
    749
    vCash:
    2207
    Loc:
    Canandaigua,NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The team as a whole is not that good.Miami didn't take these guys to sit on the bench the 1st season.

    Pack your bags Ireland!...Waste of a pick...Actually 3 picks!
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Dion Jordan in Dolphins gear
    By Gladsadmad in forum Graphics Talk and Requests
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-26-2014, 11:01 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-23-2013, 02:34 PM
  3. Dion Jordan could be involved in Dolphins’ special teams
    By finomenal in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-06-2013, 10:54 AM
  4. Nice Write Up Miami Dolphins Select Dion Jordan with No. 3
    By Czonka39 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 12:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •