Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan: Geno Smith had 'brutal' practice, might sit Saturday

1. -31
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Spygate was a media invention. It never happened. Just a lie repeated enough to become true in the eyes of Patriot haters that are mad.
    y u so mad tho?
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Geno's Myth!
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Considering I have no memory of you ever saying anything negative about the Jets I guess they're few and far between.
    This is all your perception. I didn't say many good things about them last year b/c we stunk, I have been on this board since 2004 and in most of those years we have been good so I have said more good than bad but when they deserve it I bash.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    This is all your perception. I didn't say many good things about them last year b/c we stunk, I have been on this board since 2004 and in most of those years we have been good so I have said more good than bad but when they deserve it I bash.
    You bash them but make excuses for them not being good. I don't see how you can be on both sides. "They were a poor football team BUT it's b/c of injuries". Does one not cancel out the other?

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Those are facts, the injuries were a huge factor in how bad we were. would we have been a SB team if healthy? no way but we would have been playoff contenders and mark would have been as bad. Injuries are part of the game and we weren't healthy but it doesn't mean I can't discuss them.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan89 View Post
    He shouldn't say things like that. These are the little things he does that piss me off as a fan.

It's not really a big deal but you never hear other coaches say things like this. It just doesn't need to be said, but at the end of the day it doesn't affect anybody. It's just annoying.
    It's Rex's way of promoting Sanchez essentially. I think with the fan base split on Sanchez and many rooting for Geno it is in Rex's best interest to bash Geno. There is no reason for any coach to go public blasting a rookie like that. These things belong within the confines of the organization. We know that Sanchez will start the season. Geno having 'brutal' practices quells any controversy.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    It's Rex's way of promoting Sanchez essentially. I think with the fan base split on Sanchez and many rooting for Geno it is in Rex's best interest to bash Geno. There is no reason for any coach to go public blasting a rookie like that. These things belong within the confines of the organization. We know that Sanchez will start the season. Geno having 'brutal' practices quells any controversy.
    Seems the owner and gm want smith to start but the guy with sanchez tattoo wants pick 6 to run the show. Either way it won't make much of a difference. With buttfumble starting the year out as 1st string , the first act of the circus will be more entertaining.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    anything the jets do you will bash, he said he had a bad day. Did he say his career was over? You guys make every little thing into a big thing b/c of your hatred/jealousy of the jets.
    lmao!!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wow Rex calling out his rookie QB this early in the preseason.im so glad im not a Jets fan
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I honestly think Rex wants to get fired at this point. Between this and the "Well, you know, I wasn't watching, I don't know" comment when Sanchez threw that pick six, wow. Just wow.
    "Society became divided into camps in which no man trusted his fellow. To put an end to this, there was neither promise to be depended upon, nor oath that could command respect; but all parties dwelling rather in their calculation upon the hopelessness of a permanent state of things, were more intent upon self-defence than capable of confidence." - Thucydides, probably predicting the rise of internet message boards
    Quote Quote