Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Rishard Matthews

1. -1
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

Rishard Matthews

Anyone know how he is doing this offseason? I havent heard too much about him. Is he still injured?
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He had 1 catch for 7 yards vs Houston. That's all I got, but at least he's back
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    he'll make the team. I think he will do some good things
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he took one for the team on a 15 yd pass downfield taking a crown to the back of the head and got up.

He would have caught the ball had it not been so viscious. But hey, Houston hits low now. right!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Really like this kid, yea he's been hurt and didn't show too much last year but he's a guy worth developing over the junk we've recently had on this team. Really think his skill set fits this offense well. Probably our #4 WR, unless Bumphis just goes insane the last 2 preseason games.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have to digress slightly here to get back to my thought about the original question: I LOVE that we have a star cornerback on the team and practicing everyday verses our WRs. I think getting matched up against Grimes in practice will really test the mettle of our WR corps and quickly separate the contenders from the pretenders. Let's face it, I honestly don't think Miami really knew what they had last year until the real bullets fired and it dawned on them that the position was a freakin' black hole after Hartline & Bess. With Grimes, you either go strong or you turn in your playbook and go back to stocking groceries. This leads me back to Matthews.
    I think the fact that Matthews was looked to immediately by Matt Moore when Moore came back into the game Saturday night is telling. I do think Rishard is an NFL WR even if his measurables never knocked anybody out. From the get-go he's had the saavy and intuition of a receiver at this level and has showed great toughness as well. I know that in the games he did play in last year, I remember him playing tough and making good catches, as well avoiding the kind of mental errors and 'hearing footsteps' issues that have plagued other young WRs. He's literally the opposite of a guy like Clyde Gates, who, for all I know is already flipping burgers somewhere. Some players just transcend their physical ability and just 'get' football, and Matthews certainly seems to be one of those players and I think things would've had to have gone TERRIBLY wrong this summer for Matthews not to make the team.

He'll be there because he belongs.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I one of the few that's not on the Matthews bandwagon. I think he should be looking over his shoulder at Bumphis, Tyms, and even McNutt. If Armon Binns was healthy, Matthews may not make the team imo
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    I one of the few that's not on the Matthews bandwagon. I think he should be looking over his shoulder at Bumphis, Tyms, and even McNutt. If Armon Binns was healthy, Matthews may not make the team imo
    Matthews has proved nothing but we don't have much behind the top 3 at receiver so he has a good chance to stick. Mc Nutt is mcawful
    Quote Quote