Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Speculation Dion Jordan MIGHT Not Be Ready for Week 1

1. -41
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nick1 View Post
    unless hoops has inside information as it pertains to his injury I think its all speculation on his part. sorry hoops your a great talent evaluater. much better then me, but getting everyone worked up about Jordan missing the entire season? is there inside info I'm missing?
    of course it's speculation...it comes from experience thougn around this game and knowing the way things work pretty well...i don't have access to his medical...i know he's out right now with a shoulder issue that isn't going away to date...

i'm just putting out there what's very possible...you can choose to ignore it all you want...i'll bet you right now though that best case he won't play in a game for 4 weeks from the end of this week...best case...they will be very careful with him whenever they do green light him if they do...and i bet it's every bit of 4 weeks away before he plays in any game

they are gonna make him practice in full for a couple weeks before they ever consider playing him...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Antwan Applewhite's chances of making the team improve every day.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

The thing that really sucks about this is the time of the season he's most likely to be affected by this is the beginning of the season. That also happens to be the roughest part of the schedule. If the team goes 1-4 to start out the year you can damn well bet they're not recovering to make the playoffs.

There are so many rumors regarding this situation I don't know what to believe. CK, have you heard anything about this from the people you know in the organization? Or would this be something you can't share?
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Even he said it wouldn't surprise him at all if he misses the opener. How did we draft a DE with Chad Penington's shoulder #3 overall?
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanISS View Post
    Even he said it wouldn't surprise him at all if he misses the opener. How did we draft a DE with Chad Penington's shoulder #3 overall?
    I haven't seen this yet, where did you hear it from?
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Davie, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    There are so many rumors regarding this situation I don't know what to believe. CK, have you heard anything about this from the people you know in the organization? Or would this be something you can't share?
    Me either...it's hard to get a good read since everything is so quiet on injuries from the team during pre-season..I think at this point they also just really are not sure when they will get him back..thus the comments about plan A, B C etc plans for him.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like I said yesterday it sounds like he's getting worse rather than better. Would rather shut him down now and bring him back after the bye week than risk long term injury.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    I haven't seen this yet, where did you hear it from?
    Omar's twitter feed. i got a reply from Armando on this FWIW:

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 1m No, not at this point. RT @dolfan1019: Is your feeling this Jordan injury is long term?
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ck probably knows more about this than i do but hasn't dion jordan at oregon had shoulder issues for years??? i know the stuff i saw of his last year he was playing with one arm pretty much...i wanna say this was more than a one time thing when it came to shoulder issues but maybe i'm off on that...
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Miami Football -Canes and Fins- Forever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Broward County
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The more we roll along towards the regular season opener, the worse I feel about this team.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He was fitted for a shoulder harness yesterday but players get fitted for a shoulder harness when they plan on playing with that shoulder harness on..I havent heard any rumors that he is walking around in some harness all of the time.
    Should they play him if hes not 100%? Thats a different story. Right now they are being cautious as they should be...its preseason. But when the games start counting things change. We are over 2 weeks away from game time...thats a long time away and this is all speculation at best right now...nobody knows. He barely practiced in TC and they put him out there for a preseason game...dont be surprised if they do the same come week 1 when it actually counts for something.
    Quote Quote