Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Fantasy virgin

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Fantasy virgin

I am a keen Dolphin fan but a fantasy virgin. My Draft is tomorrow night. I welcome any tips, undervalued late round specials, etc.
    I know that I want the Miami Defense and Lamar Miller in about the third round. Is it wrong/dumb to refuse to ever select a player like Tom Brady because of the emotional capital and angst invested over many years? (Do I need to see a psychologist about these feelings?)
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: Fantasy virgin

The best tip to playing fantasy is to throw all allegiances out the Window. If you draft too much from your favorite team, it will screw you. If you refuse to draft someone because they are a division rival, it will screw you. You need to draft according to how many points a player might get you. As I was just told, draft in this order, roughly :
    Best available RB
    Best available WR
    Another good RB
    WR
    QB
    TE
    Rounds 7-9 take the best available players. And if you got one of the top five RBs, draft his back up. In case your starter gets hurt. Example: If you got Peterson in the first round, draft his back up.
    Rd 10 take a defense
    The rest of the rounds take the best available players to fill your bench. And take a kicker last. Preferably a dome kicker.

That is the advise I have been given over the years. Take what you will from it.

Never go to the Library without your shotgun.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Superbowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    College Station, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice, I like the Dolphins defense this year as well. Save defense and kicker for the last two rounds. Those two fluctuate every year, theres always an unheralded defense that steps up and ends up in the top 5. Last year the cardinals, broncos, and bengals werent drafted but were very good fantasy defenses. When people pick up defenses you can pick up a solid backup WR or RB.

Josh Gordon is a guy I am getting in all my leauges. Nobody knows him becuase he's with the Browns. He'll be a very good value pick. If youre in a 10 team league, grab him in the late 8th/early 9th. Michael Floyd is going pretty late and he will be a nice player. If you get Lamar Miller make sure to get solid backups in case Miller doesnt pan out. Montee Ball is worth taking a shot on if he makes it to the 6th round grab him no doubt. If he becomes the starter thats an automatic 10 tds. Giovanni Bernard looks really good in pre-season, take him in the 7th round if hes still there. You're going to have to get these guys a bit earlier if you like them, but if they make it to those rounds get them without thinking twice.
    God Bless Palestine
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COMEBACKRICKY View Post
    Nice, I like the Dolphins defense this year as well. Save defense and kicker for the last two rounds. Those two fluctuate every year, theres always an unheralded defense that steps up and ends up in the top 5. Last year the cardinals, broncos, and bengals werent drafted but were very good fantasy defenses. When people pick up defenses you can pick up a solid backup WR or RB.

Josh Gordon is a guy I am getting in all my leauges. Nobody knows him becuase he's with the Browns. He'll be a very good value pick. If youre in a 10 team league, grab him in the late 8th/early 9th. Michael Floyd is going pretty late and he will be a nice player. If you get Lamar Miller make sure to get solid backups in case Miller doesnt pan out. Montee Ball is worth taking a shot on if he makes it to the 6th round grab him no doubt. If he becomes the starter thats an automatic 10 tds. Giovanni Bernard looks really good in pre-season, take him in the 7th round if hes still there. You're going to have to get these guys a bit earlier if you like them, but if they make it to those rounds get them without thinking twice.
    I ended up selecting Josh Gordon and Montee Ball in late rounds. I got Ball in about the 12th round as a backup so thanks for the advice.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    The best tip to playing fantasy is to throw all allegiances out the Window. If you draft too much from your favorite team, it will screw you. If you refuse to draft someone because they are a division rival, it will screw you. You need to draft according to how many points a player might get you. As I was just told, draft in this order, roughly :
    Best available RB
    Best available WR
    Another good RB
    WR
    QB
    TE
    Rounds 7-9 take the best available players. And if you got one of the top five RBs, draft his back up. In case your starter gets hurt. Example: If you got Peterson in the first round, draft his back up.
    Rd 10 take a defense
    The rest of the rounds take the best available players to fill your bench. And take a kicker last. Preferably a dome kicker.

That is the advise I have been given over the years. Take what you will from it.

Ended up going RB, RB, WR, WR, QB, TE... So I very nearly followed your advice explicitly. I would have followed it completely but Matt Forte fell into my lap in the 2nd round and I couldn't resist him as a 2nd RB.
    Had a lot of fun losing my fantasy virginity :-) So thanks again for your good deed in helping to educate me.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: Fantasy virgin

Quote Originally Posted by spiketex View Post
    Ended up going RB, RB, WR, WR, QB, TE... So I very nearly followed your advice explicitly. I would have followed it completely but Matt Forte fell into my lap in the 2nd round and I couldn't resist him as a 2nd RB.
    Had a lot of fun losing my fantasy virginity :-) So thanks again for your good deed in helping to educate me.
    Sure man. Just don't blame me if you lose. ;-)

Quote Quote