Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is why people don't like cops......

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

This is why people don't like cops......

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

This is why people don't like cops......

Since they are being charged unjustly, a shame they didn't make it worth it by whipping the cops asses.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Since they are being charged unjustly, a shame they didn't make it worth it by whipping the cops asses.
    The shorter brother got some licks in. For me the cops were acting no different than thugs.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logoFord LogoCam Wake 91
    Were the cops wrong? Quite possibly. Profiling? Quite possibly. Was there assault on the police officer that started the scuffle? No doubt. I know that (as a corrections officer) we are encouraged to keep an arms length distance away at all times. If the they get closer than that, we are told to extend an arm and ask that they step back. It appears as if the officer was doing just that when the guy knocked his arm away.

Maybe it was racial profiling. I think what lead up to the confrontation could have been nothing more than bad communication. The cops claimed to have been looked at funny and heard some sort of comment outside. Maybe they misunderstood a look or misheard a comment. Next they walked in and addressed it. Maybe they did so because of that miscommunication. Next, we have the two guys believing they are being unjustly questioned because of the color of their skin. Maybe that wasn't the case because of the prior miscommunication outdoors. In that scenario, they would have become argumentative because of their own misinterpretation of the situation. The cops then could have seen this as a sign of aggression (and the cop thought the guy was getting too close). The cop extends his arm, and the irritated (and feeling somewhat cornered and helpless) man slaps his arm away. Struggle ensued.

Although it is technically assault, I think charges should be dropped (based on the way I think it happened). They should both discuss their viewpoint of the issue, and it should be done with. I believe everyone shared some responsibility for what happened in that altercation.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    Were the cops wrong? Quite possibly. Profiling? Quite possibly. Was there assault on the police officer that started the scuffle? No doubt. I know that (as a corrections officer) we are encouraged to keep an arms length distance away at all times. If the they get closer than that, we are told to extend an arm and ask that they step back. It appears as if the officer was doing just that when the guy knocked his arm away.

Maybe it was racial profiling. I think what lead up to the confrontation could have been nothing more than bad communication. The cops claimed to have been looked at funny and heard some sort of comment outside. Maybe they misunderstood a look or misheard a comment. Next they walked in and addressed it. Maybe they did so because of that miscommunication. Next, we have the two guys believing they are being unjustly questioned because of the color of their skin. Maybe that wasn't the case because of the prior miscommunication outdoors. In that scenario, they would have become argumentative because of their own misinterpretation of the situation. The cops then could have seen this as a sign of aggression (and the cop thought the guy was getting too close). The cop extends his arm, and the irritated (and feeling somewhat cornered and helpless) man slaps his arm away. Struggle ensued.

Although it is technically assault, I think charges should be dropped (based on the way I think it happened). They should both discuss their viewpoint of the issue, and it should be done with. I believe everyone shared some responsibility for what happened in that altercation.

It appeared to me that the cop took a step forward before extending his arms. The guys should have not started swinging punches though, They took the cops bait.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why did the cop punch the other guy???

That cop was looking for a reason to attack. If defending yourself from a push is an assault then what is when the cop throws a haymaker at the other guy??

From the video in the parking lot you can tell the cops were intimidating these guys with their car. They saw 2 black guys driving car in the middle of the night and decided to mess with them for no reason. That's what started the whole thing to begin with.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I didn't notice that. I'll look again.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just looked. The second guy was getting close too. I'm not justifying the punch on the second guy, but maybe the cop panicked and thought he was coming at him too. Did the guys need to yell at the cops? Again, I'm not saying that this definitely wasn't a racial profiling case. It could have been. I think there was a lot of fault there from both sides.

Also, what was said when they didn't subtitle? The cop asked him something or said something before asking him for ID, and they didn't play audio of it or subtitle it. Then he asked for the ID and they subtitle that, yet they don't subtitle the audio of the guys arguing back to the cops right after that.
    Last edited by Scrap; 08-30-2013 at 08:46 AM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Let's look at the video. At 1:49, the smaller brother is at the top of the screen. When the news report shows the video again, he is at the bottom of the screen. My point here is that we aren't being presented with everything, yet we are asked to judge the situation. We don't get to hear part of the audio, and the subtitles are only for certain parts of the video. Let's be fair, WE DON'T KNOW exactly what happened. We just know what we have been presented with, with what our eyes and ears think we see and hear. It could be kind of like what a magician does to us on a stage. Could this news report be doing that? Maybe. Could the cops be some racist pigs? Maybe. I just hope justice prevails.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like cops
    Quote Quote