Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: This is why people don't like cops......

1. -31
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

This is why people don't like cops......

The cops should have just shot them both.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    I'm sure there are overbearing tools in every position. Being a police officer is different than most professions so the "d-bag" cops you see and hear about get their notoriety b/c of the physical-ness of their jobs. Imagine if the local cashier at the grocery store was a prick. What damage could he/she do? Spit on your tomatoes?

Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    On the surface it appears both sides were antagonizing the other. The key thing here for me is this, society only trusts one of the sides to carry a firearm and enforce our laws. Those cops did not behave professionally. The cop initiated physical contact and the other guy resisted with a defensive action. The cop then took it up another level by swinging at the guys face. Now the cops and their brass are circling the wagons with the you touched a cop so that's assault and it frees us to defend ourselves defense. I expect better judgment than that. Both sides baited the other. Incidents like this one lead me to believe that the police can not be trusted to police their own behavior and there should be an independent review board to investigate abuses of power. Everyone should hold cops to a higher standard not a lesser one considering the position they hold in society.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."
    Frederic Bastiat
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shula_guy View Post
    On the surface it appears both sides were antagonizing the other. The key thing here for me is this, society only trusts one of the sides to carry a firearm and enforce our laws. Those cops did not behave professionally. The cop initiated physical contact and the other guy resisted with a defensive action. The cop then took it up another level by swinging at the guys face. Now the cops and their brass are circling the wagons with the you touched a cop so that's assault and it frees us to defend ourselves defense. I expect better judgment than that. Both sides baited the other. Incidents like this one lead me to believe that the police can not be trusted to police their own behavior and there should be an independent review board to investigate abuses of power. Everyone should hold cops to a higher standard not a lesser one considering the position they hold in society.
    And that's pretty much it.

Cops are held to a higher standard, and should be. They aren't superheros. They shouldn't be asked to be. But at the same time
    there comes a point where you should be held liable for behavior.

Cameras are a bitch. They are the finger of god. I've used them with great success in the past.
    That's what's coming. Just be prepared for what comes with it.

I guess that's pretty much all I can say.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FLORIDA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    The question is: Did they follow policy? That's what will make or break their jobs.
    Exactly.

I am late to the party on this one but I stand by the Agencies decision on this.

I would like to add that if that one suspect is indeed in a criminal justice program, then he should've been smarter than to escalate the situation himself.

I remember when I was in the Academy I was 'tested' you could say the same night I had to go into the County agencies dept. for training. I was tailed by undercover officers and subsequently followed and questioned inside a restaurant.

However, instead of escalating the situation, I did as I was taught in the Academy. I answered truthfully and to the best of my knowledge. I didn't give an attitude and didn't act as if I did anything wrong. I was calm and collected. I didn't act as if I was being threatened in any way and I complied with any orders given (check my ID). Yes, they prodded to try and see if I would 'crack'. I didn't. Guess what? Nothing happened. No fighting, no charges, no nothing. Just a 'watch yourself' and good night. Were they sent there by the higher ups? Were they just trying to mess with a recruit? ...Heck even by my own Academy CO to see if my behavior outside of the Academy was different? ...don't know. I just chalk it up as another character test I had to pass back then.
    Quote Quote