Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is why people don't like cops......

1. -11
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't mind cops. I could find douchebags in every single job if I looked. I'm not going to post a video of a garbage man pissing in someone's driveway and say this is why no one likes garbage men. Police officers put their lives on the line every day. They deal with the worst of society. It would be naive to think they won't have a different view on life than the rest of us. My dad's best friend is a cop, as is his friend's son. In fact, his son got me out of one hell of a bad situation a few years ago. You're overgeneralizing a group of people made of mostly good people...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

This is why people don't like cops......

Absolutely correct. The majority if men and women who wear a badge that are hard working, compassionate and fair. But it's those few like these two who take their authority to far and damage the reputation of all.

I'm very disappointed that the PD did not take action against these 2 because clearly they instigated this incident.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I don't mind cops. I could find douchebags in every single job if I looked. I'm not going to post a video of a garbage man pissing in someone's driveway and say this is why no one likes garbage men. Police officers put their lives on the line every day. They deal with the worst of society. It would be naive to think they won't have a different view on life than the rest of us. My dad's best friend is a cop, as is his friend's son. In fact, his son got me out of one hell of a bad situation a few years ago. You're overgeneralizing a group of people made of mostly good people...
    You're twisting my post into something it's not. I never said all cops are bad people. Just showing an example of why many people don't like or trust cops. Unfortunately things like this do happen a lot.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Absolutely correct. The majority if men and women who wear a badge that are hard working, compassionate and fair. But it's those few like these two who take their authority to far and damage the reputation of all.

I'm very disappointed that the PD did not take action against these 2 because clearly they instigated this incident.
    Which only leads to even more negative feelings towards police. This type of behavior shouldn't be tolerated.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The question is: Did they follow policy? That's what will make or break their jobs.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    You're twisting my post into something it's not. I never said all cops are bad people. Just showing an example of why many people don't like or trust cops. Unfortunately things like this do happen a lot.
    But you also did not minimize. You may not have said "all" but your subject line: This is why people don't like cops...... speaks for itself.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You may think that you are some kind of god to these people. But we both know what you really are."
    "What's that? A criminal?"
    "Worse. A politician."
    Source: Under The Dome
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    But you also did not minimize. You may not have said "all" but your subject line: This is why people don't like cops...... speaks for itself.
    Unless I said all cops are d-bags like these d-bags. Then you're pretty much just stretching for butt nuggets here.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the majority of cops are good people but there is still alot of people that should not be representing the badge. Profiling still goes on and there are quite a few cops that seem to think they are above everything . This is an incident where the police overall should send a message and put these types out of the profession. THis was quite unprofesional and not what law enforcement is about
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    Were the cops wrong? Quite possibly. Profiling? Quite possibly. Was there assault on the police officer that started the scuffle? No doubt. I know that (as a corrections officer) we are encouraged to keep an arms length distance away at all times. If the they get closer than that, we are told to extend an arm and ask that they step back. It appears as if the officer was doing just that when the guy knocked his arm away.

Maybe it was racial profiling. I think what lead up to the confrontation could have been nothing more than bad communication. The cops claimed to have been looked at funny and heard some sort of comment outside. Maybe they misunderstood a look or misheard a comment. Next they walked in and addressed it. Maybe they did so because of that miscommunication. Next, we have the two guys believing they are being unjustly questioned because of the color of their skin. Maybe that wasn't the case because of the prior miscommunication outdoors. In that scenario, they would have become argumentative because of their own misinterpretation of the situation. The cops then could have seen this as a sign of aggression (and the cop thought the guy was getting too close). The cop extends his arm, and the irritated (and feeling somewhat cornered and helpless) man slaps his arm away. Struggle ensued.

Although it is technically assault, I think charges should be dropped (based on the way I think it happened). They should both discuss their viewpoint of the issue, and it should be done with. I believe everyone shared some responsibility for what happened in that altercation.

It appeared to me that the cop took a step forward before extending his arms. The guys should have not started swinging punches though, They took the cops bait.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    I think the majority of cops are good people but there is still alot of people that should not be representing the badge. Profiling still goes on and there are quite a few cops that seem to think they are above everything . This is an incident where the police overall should send a message and put these types out of the profession. THis was quite unprofesional and not what law enforcement is about
    This right here.
    Quote Quote