Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate my team. Any suggestions?

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Dakota
    Thanks / No Thanks

Rate my team. Any suggestions?

only an 8 team league. Standard scoring.

QB - Romo
    WR - Wayne, Bowe, Fitzgerald, Wallace, Steve Smith, Kenbrell Thomkins (Pats)
    RB - Morris, Charles, Steven Jackson, David Wilson
    TE - Cameron, Sudfeld
    DEF - Houston
    K - Sturgis

Any suggestions on improvements? Like I said, it's only 8 teams, so there is some talent out there for my bench. Myers, Gresham, Bennet at TE. Blackmon, Hartline, Gordon, Floyd at WR. Dalton, Freeman, Eli Manning at QB.

Not much at RB though, Greene, Leshoure, and Woodhead being the best there so nothing for improvement there...
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiggeMadness View Post

QB - Romo
    TE - Cameron, Sudfeld
    DEF - Houston
    K - Sturgis

Any suggestions on improvements? Like I said, it's only 8 teams, so there is some talent out there for my bench. Myers, Gresham, Bennet at TE. Blackmon, Hartline, Gordon, Floyd at WR. Dalton, Freeman, Eli Manning at QB.

Not much at RB though, Greene, Leshoure, and Woodhead being the best there so nothing for improvement there...
    Looks pretty good. Your running backs are stacked. Not in love with your receivers, but it seems like you focused on Rb's(the right move in my opinion). I assume you have Flex slot?

Anyways, my recommendation would be to grab Josh Gordon. Id cut Thomkins for it. I dont trust rookie receivers. On top of that, i dont trust Patriot receivers. Ive seen this song and dance to often with them to trust it. On the other hand, Norv Turner is brilliant with turning around qb's and Weeden looked phenomenal in preseason. With Fitz and Wayne you can outlast Gordon's suspension. This would just be a depth move, of course.

Also i have trouble trusting Romo. Then again, it seems like your kind of stuck at quarterback. Freeman has looked god awful, Dalton hasnt been impressive, and Eli's weapons have been fighting injuries. If its between grabbing a qb or grabbing Gordon, id grab Gordon. But if you have 2 slots available, then id add Eli just in case.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    10tm ESPN standard, what do you guys think?
    QB- Matt Ryan
    RB- Marshawn Lynch
    RB- Chris Johnson
    WR- D. Thomas
    WR- Victor Cruz
    TE- Greg Olsen
    Flex- Lamar Miller
    K- Matt Bryant
    DEF- Bears
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

QB - Romo
    TE - Cameron, Sudfeld
    DEF - Houston
    K - Sturgis

I agree you should drop one of the TE's for sure for a guy like Gordon. With how hit and miss TE's are it doesn't really ever make sense to me to carry two TE's. Pick the guy you like and roll, because there will be a bye week replacement for sure when the time comes. Kenbrell is a popular pick at WR right now because of all the talk, but I still think he's being over drafted. With your WR and RB depth you could wait for a couple weeks and try to 2 for 1 for a guy like Megatron or another stud that struggles early. Calvin has some tough games early in the season so you might get someone to bite after a couple subpar weeks. Snag Eli and then drop him for Tannehill when he dominates week 1
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MIAorDIE View Post
    10tm ESPN standard, what do you guys think?
    QB- Matt Ryan
    RB- Marshawn Lynch
    RB- Chris Johnson
    WR- D. Thomas
    WR- Victor Cruz
    TE- Greg Olsen
    Flex- Lamar Miller
    K- Matt Bryant
    DEF- Bears
    Who's on your bench? CJ scares the hell out of me, but I love the rest. Snag Ruben Randle if available to handcuff Cruz. Nicks or Cruz will go down or miss some time before the season is over. Hopefully Lamar is this years Arian Foster!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bench is James jones, Giovanni Bernard, Chris givens, k. Thompkins, Jared cook, Reuben randle and Michael bush
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MIAorDIE View Post
    Bench is James jones, Giovanni Bernard, Chris givens, k. Thompkins, Jared cook, Reuben randle and Michael bush
    Looks solid.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Dakota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've definitely been looking at ways to trade Jackson/Wilson plus a wr to upgrade my wr group. I agree that two TEs is a bad idea. This is probably the first time I've ever done it. I grabbed sudfeld and thompkins to see who Brady likes this weekend. Kinda felt like it was worth the week one gamble as there is a pats fan that was already thinking about picking up thompkins right before I picked him up after waivers.

Same guy just dropped Gates. Who would you take between Gates and Cameron at TE?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

QB - Romo
    TE - Cameron, Sudfeld
    DEF - Houston
    K - Sturgis

I'd grab Daulton as your backup QB and ditch Sudfeld. Your WRs' and RB's are fine, Romo is ok although on the low end in an 8 team but understandable given you went for depth at WR and RB. I like Cameron as a sleeper guy this year but would have expected better at TE then what you are saying is there. I like Gordon as well at WR as a boom or bust guy and would drop Thomkins for him. I would expect a better kicker available in an 8 team as well then a rookie.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've definitely been looking at ways to trade Jackson/Wilson plus a wr to upgrade my wr group. I agree that two TEs is a bad idea. This is probably the first time I've ever done it. I grabbed sudfeld and thompkins to see who Brady likes this weekend. Kinda felt like it was worth the week one gamble as there is a pats fan that was already thinking about picking up thompkins right before I picked him up after waivers.

Same guy just dropped Gates. Who would you take between Gates and Cameron at TE?
    Keep both, cut Sudfeld. Gronk will be back sooner then later.
    Quote Quote