Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bridgewater or Tannehill (not realistic)

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

Bridgewater or Tannehill (not realistic)

would you take bridgewater if he somehow fell to us? the kid is legit. but im an alum and use to play football for Louisville. the kid is impressive as hell
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's not going to fall to us.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Superman logo2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I know he isnt
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's a good player. At this point, I'd stay with Tannehill....However, I'd not be upset if
    I were a fan of the team that drafted Bridgewater. Even the one pick he threw today, he seemed
    to know right away he ****ed up. His backup looks pretty sharp too.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Bridgewater or Tannehill (not realistic)

Marlon Moore or Megatron?

Devlin or Marino?

Matt Moore or Rodgers?
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would wait until the end of the season. If we have a late draft pick, Tannehill obviously came through for us. If we have a top 5 pick, either he got injured, or he was not too great. Also, you can't assume a QB who torches a crappy team is the real deal. My college (FIU), is **** at football. They beat Louisville at Louisville two seasons ago, and last season when they were undefeated, they came down to our stadium, on a horrible day of flooding. I think there were less than 500 people at the game. We should have beat them, easily, but they ended up winning out of pure luck and us being that bad at football. So you can't judge these guys until they consistently beat the tough competition.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Bridgewater or Tannehill (not realistic)

I'd trade the pick.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Man this really is comparing apple and oranges. What you've got to figure out in this instance is who has the higher upside. Teddy is more polished right now that Tannehill (Teddy called his own plays for a series against Ohio). Tannehill spent time at WR in college that slowed his growth at the QB position. How far can he go in his development? Teddy already does most of the things an NFL caliber QB does but how much more can he develop at the NFL level?

It's tough to say, but I have a bias toward Bridgewater. But that's just me.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we are in a position to draft Teddy Bridgewater it would mean that our season was a complete failure as he's probably the 2nd overall pick at worst.

I'm good with Tannehill, but hypothetically speaking if we suck that bad and Tannehill regresses the idea of bringing Teddy home (he is from Miami) would probably do quite a bit for the fanbase and is an interesting prospect.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Dolphin Loyalist

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is a great thread I think and needs to be considered for a couple of reasons. If the Fins, as upsetting as it would be, tank this season than Ireland is as good as gone. Which leaves Philbin's status up in the air. You have the trickle down effect from there with Mike Sherman who was Tannehill's college coach and one of the reasons supposedly we picked him due to his knowledge of Sherman's offense. Needless to say things could get interesting should a new coach and GM come in.
    In terms of Teddy Bridgewater, I've been watching this guy for two years hoping somehow he ended up becoming a Dolphin. He's got all the intangibles that you look for in a QB. I believe he has the same "it" factor that young qb's like Kaepernick, RG III, Wilson, Luck, and even Matt Ryan have. Those qb's you know have it and that is still yet to be seen from guys like Tannehill, Gabbert, Weeden amongst others. So I think it boils down to risk or reward. Do you risk that Tannehill can be that guy should he struggle this year and possibly learn a brand new system? Do you go with a guy who you know is more polished than him right away?

"Its a very complex proposal... and I really didn't understand it. I didn't think I was a dropout, but maybe I am."
    Bills Owner Ralph Wilson Jr.
    Quote Quote