Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel like Lamar Miller will be the KEY to this season

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southern California
    Thanks / No Thanks

Game Day I feel like Lamar Miller will be the KEY to this season

I feel like he can take pressure off from Tannehill, open up play action for Mike Wallace and well he just needs to be consistant between the tackles.

Reggie really was terrible in the 2nd half of last year with all that dancing and not getting much positive yardage in the middle of the field.

Miller hopefully stays healthy and comes in as advertised.

what are your thoughts?
    Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat , Virginia Tech

Xbox Live : Tiko7523
    Psn : Tiko7523
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Agreed!! If can stay healthy can be a scary player for opposing teams.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daphne, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiko377 View Post
    I feel like he can take pressure off from Tannehill, open up play action for Mike Wallace and well he just needs to be consistant between the tackles.

Reggie really was terrible in the 2nd half of last year with all that dancing and not getting much positive yardage in the middle of the field.

Miller hopefully stays healthy and comes in as advertised.

what are your thoughts?
    I hope Miller can improve but if I thought he was the "key" then I would be very worried. He may develop but as of now we have no real evidence that he can do it.

I think the key is Tannehill's improvement - both in getting the big play when it presents itself and managing TOs on the offense so we can get the positive TO ratio is the first step towards a winning season.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the OLINE can open holes he will have a solid season
    If the OLINE can give Tannehill time, he will have a solid season.

see what I did there?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tazthenomad View Post
    I think the key is Tannehill's improvement
    Agreed. Having Keller would have helped but don't think it will hinder it either.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers. - Voltaire

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I feel like you're right.

If Lamar can average 5 yards per carry, this offense, especially with Mike Wallace being double covered every play, is capable of BIG things. And Egnew will be a bright spot if he is used the way he was used at Mizzou. Truly believe that.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daphne, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by utahphinsfan View Post
    Agreed. Having Keller would have helped but don't think it will hinder it either.
    I think having Keller would have been a BIG help. We aren't good enough yet to have the depth to take a loss like that without feeling something. Hopefully Sims will develop - I liked what I saw of him in preseason. Even Egnew had improved even though the stats don't show it. Devlin missed him a few times in the last preseason game. Our WRs are going to have to earn their money!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miller will have plenty of burst plays, and lots of weak plays. I'll be interested to see how the latter category is greeted around here. They won't look identical to Reggie's weaknesses but they will become well known. It was a huge theme on Canes sites a couple of years ago. Many posters tried to pretend Miller was a world beater, the equivalent of some of the great backs in program history. Once he proved to have many distinct flaws the same posters were outraged and couldn't wait to get rid of him in favor of incoming freshman Duke Johnson. I can state flat out that not many...if any...Canes fans would take Miller back if it meant taking carries away from Duke.

Reggie was terrible the second half of the season? Funny how memories can take you anywhere you want to go. Reggie was easily the best player on the field in the game I attended, the home finale against Buffalo. Three touchdowns. We were finally using him wisely in the passing game. Reggie didn't fit the zone scheme as well as he suited the Daboll system of a year earlier. Then Philbin and Sherman didn't adjust to Reggie strengths within the context of what they were trying to do. It was a year long waste. Posters here happily reverted to their animosity toward Reggie as a Saint. Frankly it was hilarious. We were told we would have made the playoffs without him. Meanwhile, he was averaging more than 4.3 yards per carry on a weak offense with a rookie quarterback and a coach/coordinator who refused to throw him the ball. Everywhere else we were adjusting upward but with Reggie we were desperately adjusting downward. None of it was real world. He was an extremely talented guy on a team with very few guys who fit that description. Every time you rationalize to get rid of someone like that you are bucking sheer logic. We'll be better on offense this year primarily because there's nowhere to go but up. Very few NFL teams average less than 20 points per game. I have no doubt that some of the more simplistic and agenda drive posters on this site will attribute offensive improvement to Reggie being gone. That's their caliber. Far more likely, we'll improve but not to the degree of improvement than if we'd kept Reggie to complement Miller.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Since 84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    Miller will have plenty of burst plays, and lots of weak plays. I'll be interested to see how the latter category is greeted around here. They won't look identical to Reggie's weaknesses but they will become well known. It was a huge theme on Canes sites a couple of years ago. Many posters tried to pretend Miller was a world beater, the equivalent of some of the great backs in program history. Once he proved to have many distinct flaws the same posters were outraged and couldn't wait to get rid of him in favor of incoming freshman Duke Johnson. I can state flat out that not many...if any...Canes fans would take Miller back if it meant taking carries away from Duke.

Reggie was terrible the second half of the season? Funny how memories can take you anywhere you want to go. Reggie was easily the best player on the field in the game I attended, the home finale against Buffalo. Three touchdowns. We were finally using him wisely in the passing game. Reggie didn't fit the zone scheme as well as he suited the Daboll system of a year earlier. Then Philbin and Sherman didn't adjust to Reggie strengths within the context of what they were trying to do. It was a year long waste. Posters here happily reverted to their animosity toward Reggie as a Saint. Frankly it was hilarious. We were told we would have made the playoffs without him. Meanwhile, he was averaging more than 4.3 yards per carry on a weak offense with a rookie quarterback and a coach/coordinator who refused to throw him the ball. Everywhere else we were adjusting upward but with Reggie we were desperately adjusting downward. None of it was real world. He was an extremely talented guy on a team with very few guys who fit that description. Every time you rationalize to get rid of someone like that you are bucking sheer logic. We'll be better on offense this year primarily because there's nowhere to go but up. Very few NFL teams average less than 20 points per game. I have no doubt that some of the more simplistic and agenda drive posters on this site will attribute offensive improvement to Reggie being gone. That's their caliber. Far more likely, we'll improve but not to the degree of improvement than if we'd kept Reggie to complement Miller.
    That hit the nail on the head.

To make it simple stop Reggie and who else. Last year our offense was a one trick pony. This year Miller and Bush would have been a beast no one could match up against that with Wallace on the field.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miller has no starts and is hyped up. Typical NFL. He ain't the real deal til he puts up 1200 to 1400 yards. Bottom line
    Quote Quote