Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Feds Will Not Interfere with CO & WA's New Cannabis Laws

1. -1
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

Feds Will Not Interfere with CO & WA's New Cannabis Laws

WASHINGTON (AP) Despite 75 years of federal marijuana prohibition, the Justice Department said Thursday that states can let people use the drug, license people to grow it and even allow adults to stroll into stores and buy it as long as the weed is kept away from kids, the black market and federal property.

In a sweeping new policy statement prompted by pot legalization votes in Washington and Colorado last fall, the department gave the green light to states to adopt tight regulatory schemes to oversee the medical and recreational marijuana industries burgeoning across the country.

The action, welcomed by supporters of legalization, could set the stage for more states to legalize marijuana. Alaska could vote on the question next year, and a few other states plan similar votes in 2016.
    http://news.yahoo.com/feds-wont-sue-...-politics.html
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good news. Looks like the Feds are still going to monitor and verify the states' regulatory efforts, but they're pretty much going to let them have their way. Colorado is the perfect state to have as part of the test run for this. They've had tremendous success with their breweries.

One thing to monitor is how they'll try to manage the export of Colorado and Washington marijuana, especially into California. A lot of people stand a lot to lose if that starts happening, and many of them are armed. If for no other reason than that, I think the states (and by extension, the states) will be particularly vigilant about keeping track of these dispensaries. They'd rather struggle against Mexican weed that have a bunch American grown weed flooding the market, chopping down prices and initiating turf wars. At least I'd think they would. For now. California will surely be in the next wave of states passing laws like this.
    No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Good news. Looks like the Feds are still going to monitor and verify the states' regulatory efforts, but they're pretty much going to let them have their way. Colorado is the perfect state to have as part of the test run for this. They've had tremendous success with their breweries.

One thing to monitor is how they'll try to manage the export of Colorado and Washington marijuana, especially into California. A lot of people stand a lot to lose if that starts happening, and many of them are armed. If for no other reason than that, I think the states (and by extension, the states) will be particularly vigilant about keeping track of these dispensaries. They'd rather struggle against Mexican weed that have a bunch American grown weed flooding the market, chopping down prices and initiating turf wars. At least I'd think they would. For now. California will surely be in the next wave of states passing laws like this.
    Apparently almost every state in the country already grows Cannabis regardless of their legal policy towards it. For instance it's Florida's second biggest cash-crop behind Oranges. It's also Alabama's, Virginia's, West Virginia's, Tennessee's, & Kentucky's biggest cash-crop, despite there not even being so much as a Medical program in place in those states.

God knows where they send it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

Pass da doochie from da left hand side
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hopefully Florida follows suit one day. They're hardcore here. You go to jail for next to nothing. Friend of mine got arrested for seeds in his ashtray. SMH.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Hopefully Florida follows suit one day. They're hardcore here. You go to jail for next to nothing. Friend of mine got arrested for seeds in his ashtray. SMH.
    Michigan will be approving ti this November. Ann Arbor has long had a very lenient attitude and it is spreading to the rest of the state.

Pass da doochie from da left hand side.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Apparently almost every state in the country already grows Cannabis regardless of their legal policy towards it. For instance it's Florida's second biggest cash-crop behind Oranges. It's also Alabama's, Virginia's, West Virginia's, Tennessee's, & Kentucky's biggest cash-crop, despite there not even being so much as a Medical program in place in those states.

God knows where they send it.
    Huh. Had no idea. Either there's an excess of demand regardless or the Mexican stuff is still cost effective despite the difficulties.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If New York State figures out how to tax the **** out of it, they will pass it too. Once someone sees the others making bank off it, it's only a matter of time.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote