Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59

Thread: I got some laughs off of this Browns message board.....

  1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    5,132
    vCash:
    6527
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    They've assembled an excellent coaching staff. When Sparano was here i pushed for Chud to replace him. He has an exceptional understanding of offenses and every player who has played for him has bought into the coach because of his intelligence and game planning. Tight ends especially flourish under Chud.
    No one on here should have to explain former Dolphins coordinator Norv Turner. He might be a crap head coach but hes an brilliant teacher for quarterbacks and gets the best out of his players.
    And, of course, Ray Horton has proven to be exceptional as well. People forget the Cardinals started out 4-0 last year. That was pretty much accomplished by Horton and his defense. The Cardinals originally wanted to keep Horton and insisted the coaches they interview agree to keep him on. He ended up leaving because he felt he didnt get a fair chance at the head coaching job. There were some burned bridges on his way out.

    As for the players, on offense: Weeden had a great preseason. He did everything he didnt do last season: showed precision, touch, and decisiveness. He struggled in his 3rd game, but in his first two he completed 18/25 pass attempts and was 3-0 in touchdowns to interceptions.
    Jordan Cameron has shown up in a big way. Holmgren drafted the former basketball player as a project, knowing it would take 2-3 years for him to develop. Well, its his 3rd season and he was a monster this preseason. He sustained a minor injury during the 3rd game(which im convinced caused Weeden to struggle), but should return for the regular season.
    Trent Richardson is blowing it up as well. People forget he played with broken ribs last season, hence his struggles. A year of experience and a clean bill of health and hes good to go.
    As well, they have a good offensive line, with Alex Mack and Joe Thomas being the anchors.

    On defense: they have what every team needs, 2 pass rushers. Jabaal Sheard has been improving since they drafted him, he has had 15.5 sacks in his first two seasons. And while im not a fan, Paul Kruger was a beast the second half of last season. Throw in Mingo, who is a physical specimen, and they could be fierce.
    Their defense line is a monster of a unit. Phil Taylor has been improving and is now back in a system that benefits him(3-4). Ahtyba Rubin has been one of the more underrated players in the league, and hes always played his best ball in a 3-4 system. And he light clicked on for Desmond Bryant last season.
    Their backfield has problems but they have a solid safety in TJ Ward and have a damned fine corner in Joe Haden. People forget about Haden, hes been playing some good football for the Browns and it looks like hes going to be making bank shortly. Ray Horton has already announced he is going to use Haden like he used Patrick Peterson while in Arizona.

    Compare the two teams and they have a lot of similarities.
    Can anyone definitively say Tannehill is currently better then Weeden? I cant, both have shown flashes this preseason.
    Can anyone definitively say they feel more confident with Wallace-Hartline-Gibson over Jordan Cameron-Greg Little-Devone Bess? I cant, its to similar.
    Can anyone definitively say our defensive line is better then theirs? I cant, both units have strengths and weaknesses. Even if i feel Miami's is better(i actually do), both are going to be so productive its not going to really matter who is technically better.
    Can anyone definitively say our defensive backfield is better then theirs? I cant, both units have giant question marks at free safety and the second corner spot.

    Meanwhile, Cleveland has some clear advantages. Lets call a spade a spade and point out that Richardson is better then whatever we are doing at running back and the Browns offensive line is better then ours. Oh, and the game is taking place in Cleveland.

    So yes, im not sleeping on the Browns. I predicted a hard fought game, low scoring game, with the Browns inching out a win after Miami kicks field goals instead of scoring touchdowns. Basically, Dolphins gonna Dolphins. Even if people disagree with that, i dont see how anyone can dismiss the Browns. Their record wont reflect it this season, but they arent the bottom feeders they used to be.
    I agree with most everything you said. The game will be decided by turnovers and how many times we have to settle for FGs rather than TDs. Our redzone has to improve or we are toast.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    finfan54's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    24,131
    vCash:
    13019
    Thanks / No Thanks
    9 undrafted FA on their roster should tell you all you need to know about them. Not everyone is buying what they are selling.

    Sound familiar?
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    finjim's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    4,411
    vCash:
    2831
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    They've assembled an excellent coaching staff. When Sparano was here i pushed for Chud to replace him. He has an exceptional understanding of offenses and every player who has played for him has bought into the coach because of his intelligence and game planning. Tight ends especially flourish under Chud.
    No one on here should have to explain former Dolphins coordinator Norv Turner. He might be a crap head coach but hes an brilliant teacher for quarterbacks and gets the best out of his players.
    And, of course, Ray Horton has proven to be exceptional as well. People forget the Cardinals started out 4-0 last year. That was pretty much accomplished by Horton and his defense. The Cardinals originally wanted to keep Horton and insisted the coaches they interview agree to keep him on. He ended up leaving because he felt he didnt get a fair chance at the head coaching job. There were some burned bridges on his way out.

    As for the players, on offense: Weeden had a great preseason. He did everything he didnt do last season: showed precision, touch, and decisiveness. He struggled in his 3rd game, but in his first two he completed 18/25 pass attempts and was 3-0 in touchdowns to interceptions.
    Jordan Cameron has shown up in a big way. Holmgren drafted the former basketball player as a project, knowing it would take 2-3 years for him to develop. Well, its his 3rd season and he was a monster this preseason. He sustained a minor injury during the 3rd game(which im convinced caused Weeden to struggle), but should return for the regular season.
    Trent Richardson is blowing it up as well. People forget he played with broken ribs last season, hence his struggles. A year of experience and a clean bill of health and hes good to go.
    As well, they have a good offensive line, with Alex Mack and Joe Thomas being the anchors.

    On defense: they have what every team needs, 2 pass rushers. Jabaal Sheard has been improving since they drafted him, he has had 15.5 sacks in his first two seasons. And while im not a fan, Paul Kruger was a beast the second half of last season. Throw in Mingo, who is a physical specimen, and they could be fierce.
    Their defense line is a monster of a unit. Phil Taylor has been improving and is now back in a system that benefits him(3-4). Ahtyba Rubin has been one of the more underrated players in the league, and hes always played his best ball in a 3-4 system. And he light clicked on for Desmond Bryant last season.
    Their backfield has problems but they have a solid safety in TJ Ward and have a damned fine corner in Joe Haden. People forget about Haden, hes been playing some good football for the Browns and it looks like hes going to be making bank shortly. Ray Horton has already announced he is going to use Haden like he used Patrick Peterson while in Arizona.

    Compare the two teams and they have a lot of similarities.
    Can anyone definitively say Tannehill is currently better then Weeden? I cant, both have shown flashes this preseason.
    Can anyone definitively say they feel more confident with Wallace-Hartline-Gibson over Jordan Cameron-Greg Little-Devone Bess? I cant, its to similar.
    Can anyone definitively say our defensive line is better then theirs? I cant, both units have strengths and weaknesses. Even if i feel Miami's is better(i actually do), both are going to be so productive its not going to really matter who is technically better.
    Can anyone definitively say our defensive backfield is better then theirs? I cant, both units have giant question marks at free safety and the second corner spot.

    Meanwhile, Cleveland has some clear advantages. Lets call a spade a spade and point out that Richardson is better then whatever we are doing at running back and the Browns offensive line is better then ours. Oh, and the game is taking place in Cleveland.

    So yes, im not sleeping on the Browns. I predicted a hard fought game, low scoring game, with the Browns inching out a win after Miami kicks field goals instead of scoring touchdowns. Basically, Dolphins gonna Dolphins. Even if people disagree with that, i dont see how anyone can dismiss the Browns. Their record wont reflect it this season, but they arent the bottom feeders they used to be.
    LOL, what a shock, Spesh picks the Browns!! LMFAO!!!
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2009
    Posts:
    15
    vCash:
    1138
    Thanks / No Thanks
    with that pass defense Tanny should have a field day..
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    dlockz's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    31,624
    vCash:
    24417
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZIGGY66 View Post
    with that pass defense Tanny should have a field day..


    U coul say the same for Weeden
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    DisturbedShifty's Avatar
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,454
    vCash:
    7953
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    They've assembled an excellent coaching staff. When Sparano was here i pushed for Chud to replace him. He has an exceptional understanding of offenses and every player who has played for him has bought into the coach because of his intelligence and game planning. Tight ends especially flourish under Chud.
    No one on here should have to explain former Dolphins coordinator Norv Turner. He might be a crap head coach but hes an brilliant teacher for quarterbacks and gets the best out of his players.
    And, of course, Ray Horton has proven to be exceptional as well. People forget the Cardinals started out 4-0 last year. That was pretty much accomplished by Horton and his defense. The Cardinals originally wanted to keep Horton and insisted the coaches they interview agree to keep him on. He ended up leaving because he felt he didnt get a fair chance at the head coaching job. There were some burned bridges on his way out.

    As for the players, on offense: Weeden had a great preseason. He did everything he didnt do last season: showed precision, touch, and decisiveness. He struggled in his 3rd game, but in his first two he completed 18/25 pass attempts and was 3-0 in touchdowns to interceptions.
    Jordan Cameron has shown up in a big way. Holmgren drafted the former basketball player as a project, knowing it would take 2-3 years for him to develop. Well, its his 3rd season and he was a monster this preseason. He sustained a minor injury during the 3rd game(which im convinced caused Weeden to struggle), but should return for the regular season.
    Trent Richardson is blowing it up as well. People forget he played with broken ribs last season, hence his struggles. A year of experience and a clean bill of health and hes good to go.
    As well, they have a good offensive line, with Alex Mack and Joe Thomas being the anchors.

    On defense: they have what every team needs, 2 pass rushers. Jabaal Sheard has been improving since they drafted him, he has had 15.5 sacks in his first two seasons. And while im not a fan, Paul Kruger was a beast the second half of last season. Throw in Mingo, who is a physical specimen, and they could be fierce.
    Their defense line is a monster of a unit. Phil Taylor has been improving and is now back in a system that benefits him(3-4). Ahtyba Rubin has been one of the more underrated players in the league, and hes always played his best ball in a 3-4 system. And he light clicked on for Desmond Bryant last season.
    Their backfield has problems but they have a solid safety in TJ Ward and have a damned fine corner in Joe Haden. People forget about Haden, hes been playing some good football for the Browns and it looks like hes going to be making bank shortly. Ray Horton has already announced he is going to use Haden like he used Patrick Peterson while in Arizona.

    Compare the two teams and they have a lot of similarities.
    Can anyone definitively say Tannehill is currently better then Weeden? I cant, both have shown flashes this preseason.
    Can anyone definitively say they feel more confident with Wallace-Hartline-Gibson over Jordan Cameron-Greg Little-Devone Bess? I cant, its to similar.
    Can anyone definitively say our defensive line is better then theirs? I cant, both units have strengths and weaknesses. Even if i feel Miami's is better(i actually do), both are going to be so productive its not going to really matter who is technically better.
    Can anyone definitively say our defensive backfield is better then theirs? I cant, both units have giant question marks at free safety and the second corner spot.

    Meanwhile, Cleveland has some clear advantages. Lets call a spade a spade and point out that Richardson is better then whatever we are doing at running back and the Browns offensive line is better then ours. Oh, and the game is taking place in Cleveland.

    So yes, im not sleeping on the Browns. I predicted a hard fought game, low scoring game, with the Browns inching out a win after Miami kicks field goals instead of scoring touchdowns. Basically, Dolphins gonna Dolphins. Even if people disagree with that, i dont see how anyone can dismiss the Browns. Their record wont reflect it this season, but they arent the bottom feeders they used to be.
    Oh. Ok. So they are being considered sleepers because of the coaching staff. That makes much more sense to me now. Right on Spesh.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    state06's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2010
    Posts:
    1,318
    vCash:
    1752
    Loc:
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we need to score TDs and not settle for 3. its not like the browns haven't beaten us before and they could potentially bring lots of pressure. Look for Tannehill to play conservative and try to get the ball out quick with lots of short 3 step drops. We need to run crisp routes and keep our QB upright... I can see the browns coming on top, but it would be due to our lack of execution...and maybe a deep ball from Weeden to Benjamin over Carroll (read it here first, lol).
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    finjim's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    4,411
    vCash:
    2831
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Oh. Ok. So they are being considered sleepers because of the coaching staff. That makes much more sense to me now. Right on Spesh.
    Spesh is a very knowledgeable poster. His football savvy is unmatched. So I am on board with whatever he says.

    We need more posters like him!
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Teddy Westside

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,491
    vCash:
    7345
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

    I got some laughs off of this Browns message board.....

    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    U coul say the same for Weeden
    I can't believe I am hearing this from you.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,576
    vCash:
    1372
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finjim View Post
    Spesh is a very knowledgeable poster. His football savvy is unmatched. So I am on board with whatever he says.

    We need more posters like him!
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. FIU Message Board
    By Roary in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 02:15 AM
  2. Browns Board
    By Irish Phin Fan in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-30-2006, 11:27 PM
  3. VIP Message Board
    By IAFINFAN in forum Questions and Suggestions Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-25-2006, 10:19 PM
  4. Does anyone know the best LSU message board to go to?
    By Buck1 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-25-2004, 12:46 AM
  5. NFL Message board
    By Stampede in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2002, 05:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •