Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: NumberFire.com Absolutely rips Tannehill (my response)

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

NumberFire.com Absolutely rips Tannehill (my response)

A lot of people are touting Ryan Tannehill as a deep sleeper, pointing to the addition of Mike Wallace and the emergence of Lamar Miller of a credible run threat as pillars of this belief. Let me summarize my response to them in one word.
    What?
    This one is so ridiculous, I almost don't even want to dig into the math on it. Let's start with Mike Wallace. We can all agree that he's best as a deep threat, except that Tannehill connects on just 33% of his deep passes (15+ yards), one of the worst figures in the league. Oh, also, he's a locker room cancer who tries only when he wants to and when things are going well, which they certainly haven't been as of late in Miami. Sounds like a recipe for success to me!
    And then there's our man Lamar Miller: he's unproven and boasts a worse run efficiency metric than his backup, Daniel Thomas. If Tannehill struggled last year with the much more effective Reggie Bush in the backfield - not to mention Bush's infinitely more prodigious skills in the passing game - how well do you think a slower, less efficient, less seasoned Miller will do? Yeah. Don't even draft him. Not as a flier, not as a sleeper. He's below replacement level. He's not a sleeper, he's dead on arrival.

Responses
    1. Tannehill was at 33% last year. Ok it could have been better, BUT this guy attributes all the blame to Ryan without even considering how his 33% came because his deep threats were terrible, rather than his inability.
    2. Locker room cancer? Since when did Mike Wallace turn into T.O? I guess he was a cancer while winning the SB? He has never had THAT bad a reputation.
    3. This fool has already decided that Miller is a bum and WILL be less efficient then Bush, based on what? Who is to say he wont be BETTER than Reggie? Its not like Bush ran for 1600 yards last year.

(Disclaimer: This was a fantasy analysis rather then a pure player analysis, but either way he is pretty much saying he is Blaine Gabbert/Chad Henne part II)
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Nothing to see here. Just another negative article on the Dolphins.

Never go to the Library without your shotgun.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Sticks and stones,let em talk.We will do our talking Sunday by punching Cleveland in the mouth! Is it Sunday yet?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thank goodness the season starts tomorrow!!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    #onephin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin
    A lot of people are touting Ryan Tannehill as a deep sleeper, pointing to the addition of Mike Wallace and the emergence of Lamar Miller of a credible run threat as pillars of this belief. Let me summarize my response to them in one word.
    What?
    This one is so ridiculous
    http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo...facepalm-1.jpg
    Last edited by number1fin; 09-04-2013 at 07:04 AM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    I've never heard of at least 50% of the websites people post "articles" from. Positive or negative, why should I care what DumpsterFire.com writes? Especially when they aren't even at godawful bleacher report's level.

Quote Quote