Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: **** 2013 Michigan Football ****

1. -21
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Line was noticeably better. Bryant got beat badly on the one sack, but otherwise I didn't notice anybody getting stood up or knocked backwards.

We did what I wanted us to do all season and make Funchess a focal point. He's too much of a mismatch for defenses and having a dynamic TE can help get a QB's confidence up. Making Funchess the go-to guy also means Gallon and Dileo will have more openings.

Nice to see Chesson start to settle in more. Kid has a lot of talent, but is extremely raw (had a couple chances at huge plays at UCONN but you could tell he's still learning). Next year with him, a healthy Darboh, and Drake Harris you could see an explosive passing game

Defense seems to finally be settling. While I like having depth, I feel that the constant rotating of players hurt us at occasions (namely Akron, and at some points in UCONN). Going forward I think the starting LBs have to be Ross-Morgan-Beyer until Ryan gets back (maybe this weekend), at which point both Beyer and Jake can put their hand in the ground and rush the passer (and Beyer has perhaps been our best rusher despite doing it part time)

So when Ryan comes back I want the primary front 7 to be this (especially if Pipkins is out the rest of the season)..

Frank Clark-Quinton Washington-Jabril Black-Brennen Beyer (Mario Ojemudia and Chris Wormley rotate in)

James Ross-Desmond Morgan-Jake Ryan (Joe Bolden rotates in)

Secondary continues to be very solid. Blake Countess quietly putting together an All-American caliber season while Raymond Taylor continues to be criminally underrated as a starting CB (not a shutdown guy, but a very good number 2). Safety play could be a bit better. Thomas Gordon has taken a bit of a step back this year IMO. Jarrod Wilson has been solid, but has shown his inexperience.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    interesting thing I saw, Raymon Taylor was targeted once by the Gophers and he got a PBU. Countess is having a great year, and Taylor (who was solid when he was forced into the lineup last season) has always been ok but seemed to have a tendency to give up big plays.

Anyways I'll be up at the game tomorrow
    Quote Quote