Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 106

Thread: Tannehill's cadence is tipping off the running game

  1. -31
    John Biello's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    5,639
    vCash:
    9224
    Loc:
    RI
    Playstation Logo
    seriously? if it is his cadence that you believe is tipping off our play to the defense, what does that give them .3 seconds to react to this fact before the ball is actually snapped?
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    Dolfan23's Avatar
    Pro Bowler
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2002
    Posts:
    1,235
    vCash:
    32740
    Loc:
    Houston, TX
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    You can clearly see that when he's under center and he says GO GO that the defenders are not even trying to get upfield and rush the passer, they're just setting the edge and waiting. Then when he says GO while under center they rush him hard. I don't know how much times it's giving him but it's easy to see that when we go on a silent count we're having a lot more success. So far through 3 quarters every GO GO is a run and every GO is a pass. Very few of them are successful. Best plays have been throws from the gun or silent count under center.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    Dolfan23's Avatar
    Pro Bowler
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2002
    Posts:
    1,235
    vCash:
    32740
    Loc:
    Houston, TX
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Well I don't know if it makes a difference in our running game or not but the OP is right that every single time in this game under center that he said GO it was a pass and GO GO was a run. We had very limited running success out of the gun and only a little more under center with a silent count but that's about the only success we had running it.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    whizafriz's Avatar
    Pro Bowler
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2011
    Posts:
    1,782
    vCash:
    13604
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    FORtY EiIIIIIIIIIIGhT
    GO GO!
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    Hall Of Famer
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    14,663
    vCash:
    22029
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Our RB and OL play sucked against the browns front...

    If the run game isn't working on Sunday, go into pass happy mode...No need to waste precious downs getting 1/2 yards...
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    BigFish's Avatar
    Scout Team
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2010
    Posts:
    56
    vCash:
    1696
    In my opinion this is pretty big news, credit Dolfan23 for confirming this and the OP for discovering it. It's not just a slight cadence, he's basically shouting truthfully "we're running" or "we're passing" before he hikes the ball. You can debate how big of an advantage that gives the defense and look at other ways to improve the running game but anyway you slice it, clearly telegraphing our plays like this is only hurting us, and the rushing results speak for themselves
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    Atila - the freshmaker.
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    3,587
    vCash:
    13997
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    I really hope this is not true.


    www.DiamondandDesign.com
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    Rookie
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    96
    vCash:
    1571
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan23 View Post
    Well I don't know if it makes a difference in our running game or not but the OP is right that every single time in this game under center that he said GO it was a pass and GO GO was a run. We had very limited running success out of the gun and only a little more under center with a silent count but that's about the only success we had running it.
    Thank you Dolfan23 for confirming that I am not loosing my mind. I will now apologize to you; because I swear you will be forever laughing outloud every time you hear it.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    Dolfan23's Avatar
    Pro Bowler
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2002
    Posts:
    1,235
    vCash:
    32740
    Loc:
    Houston, TX
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MD20 View Post
    Thank you Dolfan23 for confirming that I am not loosing my mind. I will now apologize to you; because I swear you will be forever laughing outloud every time you hear it.
    Well I've noticed it before and thought it was odd but never really looked at it that hard. I watched the Colts game from last year tonight as well and saw the same sort of thing, although there were some instances where they mixed it up.

    ---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
    In my opinion this is pretty big news, credit Dolfan23 for confirming this and the OP for discovering it. It's not just a slight cadence, he's basically shouting truthfully "we're running" or "we're passing" before he hikes the ball. You can debate how big of an advantage that gives the defense and look at other ways to improve the running game but anyway you slice it, clearly telegraphing our plays like this is only hurting us, and the rushing results speak for themselves
    That's pretty much how it looked to me in the Cleveland game. When they knew it was a pass they ran hard towards Tannehill (and our line didn't do much to stop them) and when it was a run they penetrated up the middle and had their ends set the edge so we were basically running into a box each time. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it but it sure seemed like they had it figured out from the very beginning.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    GoonBoss's Avatar
    Finheaven Templar
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    19,466
    vCash:
    17352
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    I suspect our staff might have picked up on this if that was the issue
    Come on. Are you telling me that coaches that have dedicated their lives to football....Who have
    sacrificed family, health, and their own life upon the alter of football are averse or ignorant to how
    a QBs cadence would tip off a run by permitting him to continue doing it?

    How DARE you?!

    Thanks Shifty!

    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Tannehill's Cadence
    By BahamaFinFan78 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-05-2015, 11:30 AM
  2. A closer look at Ryan Tannehill's game this year (Passing/Running)
    By DuderinoN703 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-20-2014, 11:51 AM
  3. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 09:11 AM
  4. Replies: 96
    Last Post: 10-18-2012, 02:06 PM
  5. Tannehill needs a running game.............
    By mia4ever in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-12-2012, 03:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •