Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, I Checked Out Getting My First Tattoo Today.

1. -1
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

So, I Checked Out Getting My First Tattoo Today.

Gonna be about 200 bucks for what I want.

Fairly simple, work related thing about as big around
    as a teacup saucer.

It was a nice looking shop. The owner talked to me,
    and told me about two days notice would be what
    would be ideal. I hadn't planned on getting it today
    anyway.

Any inkies out there want to give me some advice?

By the way;
    -It's not just a jumping dolphin on my ankle or something, it's
    signifigant to me.

-I'm 46 last month.

-It will be on the upper inside of the inside aspect of my right
    forearm.

-It's essentially a skull...Nothing ornate. Simple. It will have a blue paisley
    bandana around the forehead, crown of the head showing. (Yes, it's signifigant)
    with a scroll, arching under the top, and under the bottom with some script in
    both. and some script running under it.
    ............. Can't think of any more relevant info.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well to be honest you're going about it the right way so far. No random people at some tattoo party, my brother did that and his tattoo is crooked. Don't pick something from the book because 1 you may not want it forever and 2 how many other people will have the same random thing. Good thing you're not falling for those traps. Look at which employee at the shop will be doing your work, make sure you like their accuracy and attention to detail. Use the neosporin on it because I hear the first week really determines the long term look. I have 3 tattoos I'm 28 next month and got mine at age 18, 19, 23. I have 2 black spiders on my forearms (Spiderman spider on right the classic logo. Venom spider on the left) both are black and have been exposed to a LOT of sun and still look as good as they did back in 2004-2005. So make sure you follow the directions they give you. Other than that it's pretty straight forward. They shave the area do the outline and fill in the color where needed. I'm mixed half black/half white. I say this because with ink skin color can matter. If I was Wesley Snipes I don't think the all black spiders would have worked. If you are as white as lightning I suggest you let white be your skin color with no fill in. On my 3rd tattoo I have no fill in on the white parts I am not a fan of filling in the white. Remember it costs more to remove a tattoo than it does to get so be 1000% sure.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    you should get a tattoo of your dick on your dick of your dick holding down some kitty. Epic.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    you should get a tattoo of your dick on your dick of your dick holding down some kitty. Epic.
    The ****?

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    Gonna be about 200 bucks for what I want.

Fairly simple, work related thing about as big around
    as a teacup saucer.

It was a nice looking shop. The owner talked to me,
    and told me about two days notice would be what
    would be ideal. I hadn't planned on getting it today
    anyway.

Any inkies out there want to give me some advice?

By the way;
    -It's not just a jumping dolphin on my ankle or something, it's
    signifigant to me.

-I'm 46 last month.

-It will be on the upper inside of the inside aspect of my right
    forearm.

-It's essentially a skull...Nothing ornate. Simple. It will have a blue paisley
    bandana around the forehead, crown of the head showing. (Yes, it's signifigant)
    with a scroll, arching under the top, and under the bottom with some script in
    both. and some script running under it.
    ............. Can't think of any more relevant info.
    What info do you want? Tattoo artists usually charge by the size of the tattoo b/c it's a timed job. $200 isn't so bad especially when the tatt you want is important. Your age is fine. The location of the tatt is a little confusing. What the heck is the inside of the inside aspect? Right below your right armpit?

Anyway I have 32 or so tattoos so anything else you want to know just let me know.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    What info do you want? Tattoo artists usually charge by the size of the tattoo b/c it's a timed job. $200 isn't so bad especially when the tatt you want is important. Your age is fine. The location of the tatt is a little confusing. What the heck is the inside of the inside aspect? Right below your right armpit?

Anyway I have 32 or so tattoos so anything else you want to know just let me know.
    No specific info. Just advice in general if there's any to offer. The inside aspect of the forearm is like this;
    Turn your palm up, so you can see it. Then, look down. That's the inside aspect of the forearm. I want
    it up towards the atecubital space (crook of the elbow)
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaInferno View Post
    Well to be honest you're going about it the right way so far. No random people at some tattoo party, my brother did that and his tattoo is crooked. Don't pick something from the book because 1 you may not want it forever and 2 how many other people will have the same random thing. Good thing you're not falling for those traps. Look at which employee at the shop will be doing your work, make sure you like their accuracy and attention to detail. Use the neosporin on it because I hear the first week really determines the long term look. I have 3 tattoos I'm 28 next month and got mine at age 18, 19, 23. I have 2 black spiders on my forearms (Spiderman spider on right the classic logo. Venom spider on the left) both are black and have been exposed to a LOT of sun and still look as good as they did back in 2004-2005. So make sure you follow the directions they give you. Other than that it's pretty straight forward. They shave the area do the outline and fill in the color where needed. I'm mixed half black/half white. I say this because with ink skin color can matter. If I was Wesley Snipes I don't think the all black spiders would have worked. If you are as white as lightning I suggest you let white be your skin color with no fill in. On my 3rd tattoo I have no fill in on the white parts I am not a fan of filling in the white. Remember it costs more to remove a tattoo than it does to get so be 1000% sure.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    No, it's not out of a book. It's a skull with two scrolls in an arc, one over top, one under.
    Then some additional script. The only color I really want it a bandanna the skull would be
    wearing, which is blue.

I'm white....Not, like....Redhead white...Not fair skinned. I can tan, I just don't most of the time.
    I work inside.....Dark as a dungeon.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    As its healing, it'll itch like a mother! DO NOT SCRATCH IT! I've found that lightly slapping it is effective. (That sounded wrong. )
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    As its healing, it'll itch like a mother! DO NOT SCRATCH IT! I've found that lightly slapping it is effective. (That sounded wrong. )
    I don't need any more encouragement to slap it
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT FinFan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No advice, but if you've ever seen the show tattoo nightmares, get the exact opposite kinds of tattoos they get!
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
    Quote Quote