Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan is a bad loser

1. -41
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    They had a great defensive game plan and that game was there to be had. New England had 9 first downs and Brady had fewer than 5 yards per attempt. I would expect a defensive minded coach to be furious at losing a divisional game under those specifics.
    Though how many blatant drops and missed connections did the Pats WRs have? At least 4-5 times Dobson or Thompkins got behind the Jets defense and either dropped the ball, or Brady just missed them. This is why you can't play "what if" games.

Don't get me wrong, the Jets defense (particularly the front seven) is stout. Even if the Pats WRs catch those balls, I doubt the Pats score more than 24 total. But the Jets defense had a lot of help that game.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

It Is What It Is

Love how junc tries to offset losing to a team with none of their non-QB primary offensive weapons available aside from their #2 or #3 WR with the assertion that the jest went into the game without their "starting" QB (which the following shows wasn't quite accurate)

..but would never fault their over-his-head glorified DC for needlessly getting him injured (Meatball Jake Long moron-level).

Jets quarterback Mark buttfumble says he won the quarterback competition with Geno Smith, and only a shoulder injury prevented him from remaining the team’s starting quarterback. But the man who had final say on who won the quarterback competition didn’t see it that way.

Jets coach Rex Ryan decided told reporters today that he never declared buttfumble the winner.

“Well, I never said he won the competition. I didn’t say that,” Ryan said.

Dear Math, please grow up and solve your own problems, I'm tired of solving them for you. -Anon

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rex is a bad winner
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Love how junc tries to offset losing to a team with none of their non-QB primary offensive weapons available aside from their #2 or #3 WR with the assertion that the jest went into the game without their "starting" QB (which the following shows wasn't quite accurate)

..but would never fault their over-his-head glorified DC for needlessly getting him injured (Meatball Jake Long moron-level).
    except for the fact that Mark would be starting if he was healthy. Under Idzik they aren't as forthcoming w/ info. Nice try though.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Bullseye

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    except for the fact that Mark would be starting if he was healthy. Under Idzik they aren't as forthcoming w/ info. Nice try though.
    Sorry Charlie, but when Rex himself refutes buttfumble's claims that he won the starting job, gotta go with straight from the horse's ass mouth on this one.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    rex didn't refute anything, if he said "Geno won" then you might have something. No announcement was made but anyone paying attention knows who won b/c it was never really a competition.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks

SIGH

rex didn't refute anything, if he said "Geno won" then you might have something. No announcement was made but anyone paying attention knows who won b/c it was never really a competition.
    Hours before the Jets and Patriots set football back centuries in a Thursday night slopfest, Mark buttfumbletold NFL Network's Rich Eisen that if he hadn't been injured in the preseason, he would be New York's starting quarterback.

"I won the competition," he said. "There's no doubt."

Maybe not in buttfumble's mind, but the revelation was news to coach Rex Ryan, who went to great lengths to not name a starter during the preseason.

"I never said he won the competition," Ryan said in a Friday conference call with reporters, via NFL.com.

"That's his opinion," the coach continued. "It's not about a company line. Apparently, if that's what he said then that's his opinion. Again there is that ongoing competition."

Whether that's true -- that this really is an ongoing competition -- is also up for debate. Rookie Geno Smith has been adequate in two starts, which, frankly, isn't much different than what we've seen from buttfumble in recent seasons. What is different, though, is that Smith was drafted by new general manager John Idzik, and buttfumble is pulling down $8.25 million in guaranteed money this season.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...oned-about-qbs

I won” comment," Ryan said Friday, “I think as a competitor, I guess that’s what you expect. You want your players to believe that. If you don’t believe in yourself, nobody else will. I certainly would expect that from any competitor, to think that they’re winning the job. His comments about that he clearly thinks he won the competition or whatever, that’s his opinion.”
    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...s_opinion.html

As with Westhoff declaring that buttfumble was just a passenger, never a driver on the post season busses, the above could not be any more succinct, clearer or subject to interpretation... unless someone allows their subjective partisanship stand in the way of the cold light of reality.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's coachspeak under Idzik, this is a team that hasn't declared geno the starter saying competition is still ongoing. At some point you have to use common sense.

Westhoff didn't say anything bad about Mark.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's coachspeak under Idzik, this is a team that hasn't declared geno the starter saying competition is still ongoing. At some point you have to use common sense.

Westhoff didn't say anything bad about Mark.
    Of course he didn't. It's coach-speak for "he was the weakest link on our team" . He was being as diplomatic as possible rather than throwing hapless dead QBs walking under the bus. See how that works?
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    4 playoff wins in 4 seasons as a starter which is more than your franchise from 1995-2012 and counting.
    Quote Quote