Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Irving to Jets: "I would cut Clyde Gates right now."

1. -11
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

Irving to Jets: "I would cut Clyde Gates right now."

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I think he's going to be a good one, he's still a work in progress but at least his drops came in the rain unlike Gates who was dropping everything before it started raining.
    Blaming the rain is an excuse. Julian Edelman caught it dry and wet. Hill had issues with drops last year and it continues.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Blaming the rain is an excuse. Julian Edelman caught it dry and wet. Hill had issues with drops last year and it continues.
    I think Edelman had at least one drop and all his passes were 3 feet from the LOS. everyone was dropping balls last night, it was very sloppy. That doesn't mean Hill is over his hands issue but I am not going to go crazy b/c he dropped a couple of balls last night.

By the way, his drops last year were overblown. He only had a few it's just the one everyone remembers is the one that likely would have won the NE game.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Speed is extremely valuable if the person can also catch a damn ball. It opens up everything else. Later picks are meant for development projects. Luckily, they saw he wasn't going to develop much further and dropped him after a year. I would have a bigger problem if they stuck with him for several years despite the obvious (Roberto Wallace, etc.).
    well it does hurt to stick with a guy but it hurts just as bad to get one year out of a guy u spent a 4th round pick on. I never understood the fascination on this player. Way too many people were praising this pick and to me it seemed like a disaster from day one.
    He was an overaged prospect for one , which is never good when they are still a raw playe to begin with.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote