Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: hoops scoops...miami indy

1. -1
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks

hoops scoops...miami indy

first let's just start this sucker off with a hell yeah for a 2-0 start and 2-0 on the road...finally a season to feel good and optimistic about our chances to play in the postseason...got a real shot at if not the division win a wild card...

ok meat and potatoes...

first something that concerns me...this pressure package and blitzing the lbs that we do extensively puts a ton of pressure on the safeties in coverage...reshad jones blew a zone red zone coverage for a td to fleener and was also beaten by fleener off the ball on another td where clemons tried to help him late called back by a mysterious illegal shift penalty that had me puzzled...i think we got away with one there...

anyways jones in man coverage i think will be fine...the way that jones lined up to the inside of fleener off the ball in the tight red td made him getting to a ball in that corner over the outside a difficult cover anyways and once the corner jumped the flat it was an easy read for luck and a easy 6...

what bothers me is that chris clemons in space with tight ends who have two way goes in the middle of the field when we blitz these lbs and if the protection holds up teams are gonna do damage one on one with that matchup...case in point final drive of the game 3rd down and 10 i think it was luck drops back we blitz wheeler up the middle clean luck doesn't have time to let the play develop he's got fleener crossing clemons face luckily luck just unloads it clemons gets a hand on it in a pretty much prone position...if luck had time that's 6 points and maybe the win...

coyle has to be careful to expose his safeties mainly clemons so much...

an awful lot of bringing multiple lbs sacrificing one to get the other clean to the qb...we are one attacking defense...delayed blitzing lbs...overloads...dropping dts and bringing the lbs off the edge you name it we are doing it...

not happy with the play of the de's pass rush wise...i thought wake especially would wear out whoever was put across from him...well he didn't win early much...olivier vernon if i'm being honest had an awful game...sealed to the inside in the run game to give backs soft edges to run thru and completely nullified and unable to get off one on one blocks by costanzo all game long...derrick shelby probably had the best snaps of the ends efficiency wise...

the lack of rush pressure from the outside had us in the 2nd half using stunts running the ends into traffic and looping the dts odrick especially but by the time he got to luck the ball was gone...

odrick was disrupting the run in the backfield a good number of times seemed to force things wide or make the back have to go east and west more than they wanted to...

randy starks bull rushes a guard to the ground looks at the official for a flag and throws his arms out like why no call meanwhile the plays still going on...play thru the whistle then ask for the call...

philip wheeler doesn't show great instincts vs run or pass especially in a zone drop he's got but he's a pretty good jam a guy at the los hands on guy and he showed a nice ability on that 4th down to evade the blocking rb donald brown with a quick outside move and get to luck...

misi gets hurt for like 2 plays what do the colts do...they attack jason trusnick in coverage as soon as they get a chance...it's a good thing dominique jones isn't much of an athlete or that would have been an easy throw and catch td...good thing dwayne allen wasn't playing cause him and fleener are much more dynamic than fleener who struggles to get off the los vs press and pork chop dominique jones...we would have had some matchup problems if allen had suited up...

dion jordan being asked to drop a lot...not much edge rush snaps...when rushing on the inside though his lateral agility feet and cod are no match for the interior olineman and he's easily able to disengage and get to the qb...had multiple hits on the qb on such plays...reviewed the famous love tap play by dj luck pump fakes just before dj is getting there no doubt in my mind now that pump fake had jordan deciding the ball was gone...although he was close enough as long as he had not gone head high he would have been ok on the qb hit and take down...

nolan carroll a solid performance on the boundary...get that head around in vertical coverage or they will throw the flag especially when we face a crafty veteran who will try to go thru him to the ball...

jimmy wilson with a tough matchup in the slot reggie wayne but all in all considering he's a safety playing corner i thought he showed pretty well...gets run in the red zone packages anyways cause he's a physical force safety that can cover a man and run...that tackle on bradshaw short of the goalline on what looked like a walk in td didn't read like a corner play...he lit bradshaw up

brent grimes is just what the doctor ordered for coyles scheme...terrific off coverage drive on the football corner who explodes forward out of his pedal and arrives with the football...almost seems to bait qbs with how much he gives away the inside with his alignment to wrs but yet his instincts his awareness his route recognition are so good he can play possum and get there with almost perfect timing...in vertical coverage he gets his head around and locates the football like a wr...goes up and gets it too...on the long catch to hilton grimes is in perfect position on the play that's a tip your cap to the wr for finding a way to make a play when he had pretty much no angle...was almost walled completely out...

anyways brent grimes is outstanding...

rj sanford on specials catches a punt at the 20 that could have rolled for 15 more yards inside the 5...i get that you want to make a play to show you belong on the roster but that's just dumb stuff...

marcus thigpen on returns getting out the 30 yard line repeatedly...thiggys a hell of a special teams weapon...

on offense i've said plenty about the qb the last year plus...he's legit...24 yard over the shoulder throw to hartline down the seam due to the safety playing so deep cause of wallace...steps up against wide pressure on his throwing arm to find a wide open mike wallace on the winning td drive for what may have been a td anyways...

i'd still like to see him climb the pocket more vs wide pressure to help his tackles who can struggle with edge rush speed...will give himself time and space to work in...but he dices up defenses with his terrific pre and post snap reads...and he takes care of the football...reads coverage like a 5 plus year vet...so much growth potential still...still needs work on his hurry up 2 minute offense too much time between snaps but it will come with repitition...put us in position for a game tying 54 yard fg at the half...

3rd and 1 to clutts in the flat when he should have come off it to his 2nd read and had wallace on a shallow crosser that could have produced rac...

up front pouncey and cog playing well...pouncey just so athletic when pulling gets to the 2nd level or around the edge with ease...said enough about that guy...he's imo the best center in the league

oh boy tyson clabo...lack of athleticism and knee bend showed ugly in this one...nice kick out block on the screen pass td to wallace but beaten repeatedly and early in pass pro...worse play by far a 3 man rush 8 drop whooped off the ball barely even got out of his stance before mathis was hitting tannehill for a sack forced fumble...won't be long with clabo...only so long a guy can get by on craftiness and smarts...damn glad it's a one year deal

jon martin walked back into the qb once or twice but all in all i thought a pretty solid effort...john jerry not bad also...at least not any beaten off the ball quick pressure up the middle from jerrys man...

run game more effective primarily cause of the left side of the oline mainly pouncey and cog...that and the colts don't have the most physical or stout interior oline or front for that matter

in pass pro tannehill was let down by miller and daniel thomas...one a forced fumble hit on the throwing arm turnover the other a pressure up the middle sack...d thomas ran thru contact well and caught the ball and lamar miller was solid but i need to see more run thru contact on the inside from him...miller also missed some things where he could have cut some wide runs back up inside on the perimeter...but he did make a really nice bounce read on his 10 yard td...and would have scored on the 14 yard run around the corner if not for a nice tackle by landry...

surprised we didn't go with more 3 wr sets with the slot early in the game...felt like we could do good work with gibson in the middle of the field but it seemed like we made a concentrated effort to get mike wallace more involved this week with screen passes and ran with more 2 wr sets than i expected early on...wallace will get his...keeps the safeties deep or shaded to his side allowing clay and hartline to do work...

speaking of clay hell of a game from that guy...i thought his blocking was solid he read the coverage well and gave tannehill a nice target...he's stepping up and filling dustin kellers shoes...much needed fill from that guy too...

hey a michael egnew sighting...actually ran some routes...didn't show much on them but had a nice block on the edge on the miller nice read of the safety clean on the inside bounce outside to the corner for the td...

shocked no naked bootleg runs in short yardage or late in the game vs the colts...really shocked...i thought that would be a definite off the raiders game showing from the colts...also surprised we haven't much moved the pocket or rolled out to help these tackles out in pass pro some...

i loved the statement first down at the end of the game...luck and the colts are over there preparing like they are gonna get the ball back and we run on 3rd and 8 for a first down right down their rear ends...sit down and give your helmet to the equipment guys ha ha

philbin with a nice challenge of the jones drop called a catch before the colts could line up and quick snap it...his clock management and in game handling is night and day better than sparanos that's for damn sure...

2-0 and headed home for 2 of the next 3...already did what we had to do to compete for the postseason by winning 2 by the bye week...no reason we can't win each of the next 3 either off what i see...

let's go...we have arrived
    Last edited by hooshoops; 09-16-2013 at 06:05 PM.
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks as always.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    can anybody else on this team start at right tackle. I thought clabo was THAT bad
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trusnick knocked the ball out of the hands of the colts FB...
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: hoops scoops...miami indy

Excellent work hoops.

Question about your last conment ... Do you really think our d can handle atlantas weapons? 2 top WR's a hof TE and a decent power rb is a tall ask.

I really like our D but I just wonder can we contain that much offensive power? I guess if Patterson is healthly then we stand a chance but its a real worry for me and im interested in your take
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    You guys make me nervous...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greenville, MS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    great writeup hoops, thank you
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    I love lamp

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    we respected their deep speed a lot. we played a lot of off coverage. gave them a lot of underneath stuff for free. oh well, we made them go the long way and didn't give up the big play (with one exception). in the end it worked. no long TD's. only 2 for 4 in the red zone

hate to say it, but Tyson Clabo has been shades of Marc Colombo
    Last edited by greasyObnoxious; 09-16-2013 at 06:33 PM.

OMG... Horrible

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    Excellent work hoops.

Question about your last conment ... Do you really think our d can handle atlantas weapons? 2 top WR's a hof TE and a decent power rb is a tall ask.

I really like our D but I just wonder can we contain that much offensive power? I guess if Patterson is healthly then we stand a chance but its a real worry for me and im interested in your take
    have you watched Rodney white this year, ouch that injury is killing him
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great stuff. Totally agree on Grimes. I've loved that move since before it happened. Lock him up.

Carroll was absolutely crucual. Came up big.

Man, if Clemons could catch the ball, it would add another dimension. With the way the ball gets funnelled to him and the pressure the front 7 exerts, he could get 7 picks a year. But even with his hands of stone and stiff hips, I admit he is much better of a player than I thought he'd be. But if that were a playmaker there, this defense would be even damn scarier.

Reshad needs to pick it up a bit.

I wish we had better backup options at LB. I suppose I agree that Trusnik in the end did make a play, but too close for comfort. He's just stiff.

Shelby is very under-rated. Really good rotational guy, even though he wasn't drafted. This is why you don't bail on back end of the roster guys prematurely. He's coming along nicely.

As for OV, I know he hasn't graded well yet, but I think he will contribute soon.

I thought Jerry did fine in pass pro but not in run game but I didn't watch it a second time yet. I'm definitely intrigued to get a look at Danny Watkins who coaches say is picking up the scheme ok.

Clabo has been a surprise to the downside. I thought he'd be better in pass pro. He keeps this mess up and I might get curious what Garner looks like out there.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    nice job hoops.

quick questions for you..

cant' remember which quarter it was but I thought I saw vernon do a good job stringing out one of the only outside rushed I remember bradshaw having. looked like OV kept it, or at least helped keep it from getting it too far outside. maybe I'm wrong, just wondering if he was ok on that play, as I though initially it failed because he was able to force it, and wait for the troops to arrive.

secondly, what would be your plan of attack for Juilo Jones... I am thinking we almost have to double team this kid to have a chance. Not worried about them running on us, and white is obviously banged up. I think we stop JJ, we win.. so what would be your gameplan.

nice writeup. I like how you touch on a little bit of everything, and damn near EVERYONE!! 5 star thread.
    Quote Quote