Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Ranks Jets Worst NFL and 2nd Worst Overall Sports Franchise

1. -41
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    I'll take our franchise QB over any player on your team. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

In fact I'll take him over your entire team and coaching staff. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Maybe you'll finally make the playoffs and win a playoff game...it's been a loooooooong time coming.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan89 View Post
    Maybe you'll finally make the playoffs and win a playoff game...it's been a loooooooong time coming.
    Yup. And it looks like it's going to be a while for the Jets.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And to think they are 121 out of 122 after playing in, not winning, 2 AFC Championship Games. If they hadn't accomplished that they would be 123 out of 122.

And of course to hear the ridiculous defense is priceless.

And I'd like to hear what Mike Westhoff meant since most of us in here read it and agree on what he meant. Except one of us of course.

And if you guys want a good laugh, go ver to TGG and read the battle about who has the ****tier QB, Bills or Jets
    some other folks may not be smart enough to understand this but you certainly are. How in the world can the Jets be the worst franchise in the NFL and worse but all but 1 across the 4 major sports? That's asinine.

Westhoff didn't say anything negative on Mark, if anything he was complimentary about him.

I think we'd be 3-0 w/ Mark but we are 2-1 w/ Geno and he'll get better. Our D might be the best we have had under rex.

I'll take our franchise QB over any player on your team. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

In fact I'll take him over your entire team and coaching staff. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Slow down there. Way too early to call a guy who has never been in a postseason race a franchise QB.

Yup. And it looks like it's going to be a while for the Jets.
    are you talking about the 2-1 Jets? man we really suck.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Dolphins had won against 2 bottom feeder teams like the Bills and Bucs, you'd be the first to point it out. So I'll just say beat a quality opponent first.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SSnowman View Post
    If Dolphins had won against 2 bottom feeder teams like the Bills and Bucs, you'd be the first to point it out. So I'll just say beat a quality opponent first.
    TB could easily be 2-1, Buf would be 2-1 if they beat us, NE is 3-0. Indy would be 3-0 if they beat you, Cle is 1-2, Atl is 1-2. You guys are doing a great job and you look for real but it is still early. We were supposed to suck, be the worst team in the league and we are off to a good start.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i hate the jets as much as anybody, but they r not the 2nd worst franchise in all of sports.

as bad as they r, 1 superbowl win and only 1 appearance, all those terrible draft picks, losing seasons, whatever it is, to say they r the 2nd worst franchise out of all 4 major sports is ridiculous

In just football terms, the lions are worse, cardinals are pretty bad aside from a few good years here and there, in the nba, the clippers, i am not going to go through every franchise 1 by 1, and trust me i ****ing hate the jets and they are pathetic franchise, but 2nd worst in all major sports is pushing it.

they r bad, but not 2nd worst bad.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    some other folks may not be smart enough to understand this but you certainly are. How in the world can the Jets be the worst franchise in the NFL and worse but all but 1 across the 4 major sports? That's asinine.

Westhoff didn't say anything negative on Mark, if anything he was complimentary about him.

I think we'd be 3-0 w/ Mark but we are 2-1 w/ Geno and he'll get better. Our D might be the best we have had under rex.

Slow down there. Way too early to call a guy who has never been in a postseason race a franchise QB.

are you talking about the 2-1 Jets? man we really suck.
    Be objective Junc. You were gifted a game, which is a part of football, and you won against a very weak secondary. The Jets have a very good defense again but over the next 9 weeks your schedule is brutal. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you go at best 3-6 over that stretch. If the Jets go better then 3-6 in that stretch, I'll be the first to admit I am impressed.

As for our franchise QB I recognize it's early but I am calling it now. He can put this team on his back and win. He has shown no signs of inconsistency and has ratcheted his game up tremendously in these first few weeks of year 2. He just beat john beck and Andrew Luck back to back which is pretty damn impressive.

As for the ranking, it's a great way to poke fun at a rival.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    i hate the jets as much as anybody, but they r not the 2nd worst franchise in all of sports.

as bad as they r, 1 superbowl win and only 1 appearance, all those terrible draft picks, losing seasons, whatever it is, to say they r the 2nd worst franchise out of all 4 major sports is ridiculous

In just football terms, the lions are worse, cardinals are pretty bad aside from a few good years here and there, in the nba, the clippers, i am not going to go through every franchise 1 by 1, and trust me i ****ing hate the jets and they are pathetic franchise, but 2nd worst in all major sports is pushing it.

they r bad, but not 2nd worst bad.
    it's not 2nd worst all time it's 2nd worst currently and worse NFL franchise currently which is a joke when we have been one of the better franchises this Century.

Be objective Junc. You were gifted a game, which is a part of football, and you won against a very weak secondary. The Jets have a very good defense again but over the next 9 weeks your schedule is brutal. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you go at best 3-6 over that stretch. If the Jets go better then 3-6 in that stretch, I'll be the first to admit I am impressed.

As for our franchise QB I recognize it's early but I am calling it now. He can put this team on his back and win. He has shown no signs of inconsistency and has ratcheted his game up tremendously in these first few weeks of year 2. He just beat john beck and Andrew Luck back to back which is pretty damn impressive.

As for the ranking, it's a great way to poke fun at a rival.
    How come every time we win it is a gift? Indy not finishing last week, playing Cle and then Atl's kicker missing an easy FG are not gifts? We had 20 penalties and won, what gifts did we get?

Schedules look brutal on paper just as yours did but it isn't looking as bad now, is it? we may go 0-9 the next 9 games but:

at Ten- winnable
    at Atl- not impossible
    Pitt- very winnable
    NE- winnable
    at Cin- tough
    NO- tough
    at Buf- winnable
    at Bal- winnable
    Mia- winnable

There is a better chance we go 3-6 than 6-3 but there isn't a game in there where I say we have no chance like I thought coming into the year.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    How come every time we win it is a gift? Indy not finishing last week, playing Cle and then Atl's kicker missing an easy FG are not gifts? We had 20 penalties and won, what gifts did we get?
    Uh, Indy "not finishing" because Miami defense stepped up. Atlanta missing a 3 point field goal doesn't mean anything when Miami won by 4 points. Those aren't gifts.

Getting a questionable 15 yard penalty to put the Jets within field goal range with less than a minute into the game is a gift.

And since you want to talk about missed field goals being gifts, let's talk about one of the playoff wins you like to bring up all the time. You know, the one where Kaeding couldn't hit field goals?
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Oh, it's after 9am and before 5pm on a weekday. I wonder who's posting on Finheaven?

Ice up, Leodis.
    Quote Quote