Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Moral Roots of Liberals and Conservatives

1. -31
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think you're being a little conservative in thinking the percentage is less than 5. I don't think there is any way of determining just what the percentage would be but I suspect there are far more people who would take more then they need than those who accept what they get as a subsidy.

A lot of military retirees take advantage of the taxpayers by claiming every instance of medical assistance they sought over the careers. And the VA is more than willing to pay it out. Do you know that sleep apnea is common in 75% of men over 50 yet the large majority of retirees get diagnosed before leaving active duty then use it to drive their disability percentage up? I believe sleep apnea rates 10% but what's important here is that when you total up your disability rating and it rises over 70%, you get an additional check each month that can exceed your normal retiree pay.

Although it's obviously different circumstances between welfare fraud and retiree fraud, greed is greed. Unfortunately most people don't look at the big picture and may ease their mind thinking they're only stealing from the government.

I agree drug testing is ridiculous but the money that would fund that should be used to establish government subsidized diners in poor neighborhoods. Anyone can eat there and meals are cheap. Saves a lot of money in food stamps and ensures that food is available to the poor and especially poor children who unfortunately are oft forgotten by those who abuse the system. Poland uses this system and it works quite well. And I ate in one and it was pretty good.

I agree the right grossly exaggerates the amount of abuse but it's a reasonable thought to believe the left doesn't recognize just how big the problem may be
    Last edited by MadDog 88; 09-25-2013 at 12:52 AM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really should proofread my posts before I post
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: The Moral Roots of Liberals and Conservatives

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    You and I have a lot more in common then you may want to believe.
    You are fairly normal, so I have no problem having a lot in common with you. By normal, of course, I mean that you are as crazy as I am. In all seriousness, you are alright MD. We don't agree on everything but at least you and I have some logical basis for our beliefs and aren't just spewing a bunch of crap.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Defender of the Truth

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Bible is fun.

at: no way to misinterpret what the bible says.
    Yes you are correct, "Judge not lest ye be judged" but that is God's commandment for man's conduct with one another; not to judge one another. The quotes that SCall posted were from God to man; that man shall not lie with man as he lie with a woman. That's not God telling man what he (man) will or will not command other men to do. That's God commanding man directly what he (man) will and will not do, directly from the horse's mouth.

Hope I explained myself well enough.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
    -Winston Churchill

All things being equal, when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
    -Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Yes you are correct, "Judge not lest ye be judged" but that is God's commandment for man's conduct with one another; not to judge one another. The quotes that SCall posted were from God to man; that man shall not lie with man as he lie with a woman. That's not God telling man what he (man) will or will not command other men to do. That's God commanding man directly what he (man) will and will not do, directly from the horse's mouth.

The quote from Leviticus says they should be put to death.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post

So if the information comes third party: ignore(i guess that was the point?). Fair enough, interesting interpretation....err, sorry, that book cant be misinterpreted.

I wasnt overly concerned about it, i figure it will work itself out. After all, a post later he referred to me as a popular variation of the word "fool". And as we all know:

Matthew 5:22

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
    Tough break.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My moral root is often swayed by alcohol.
    Never use a big word when a little filthy one will do.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    melbourne, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Alright guys lets try not to send this thread off the deep end by getting into religion.

that's what tends to drive the GOP, so why not?
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's funny that people who believe in homosexuality/ don't believe in God are typically mutual. We GOPs believe in God. We believe, and rightly so, that the problems that have befallen this nation coincide exactly with when the laws against prayer in schools, acceptance of homosexuality, and TONS of other things go hand in hand. It is no coincidence. These things were spoken about in the bible - which, to me, is further proof that the bible is legitimate. The sad thing is, the folks who claim to desire that everything/everyone is accepted for what they are is the same group who are quick to try to attack the ones who believe in God.

SCall13, Jr.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SCall13 View Post
    It's funny that people who believe in homosexuality/ don't believe in God are typically mutual. We GOPs believe in God. We believe, and rightly so, that the problems that have befallen this nation coincide exactly with when the laws against prayer in schools, acceptance of homosexuality, and TONS of other things go hand in hand. It is no coincidence. These things were spoken about in the bible - which, to me, is further proof that the bible is legitimate. The sad thing is, the folks who claim to desire that everything/everyone is accepted for what they are is the same group who are quick to try to attack the ones who believe in God.
    That's because you "GOPs" -- and it's pretty unfair to a lot of smart conservatives who see this kind of post and cringe to indoctrinate them into your argument -- are totally ignorant of history. But maybe you're also thinking of the end of slavery and the Civil Rights Movement as part of the things that brought down this country. Your post is immaculately sourced but it's still pretty hard to tell.

There are plenty of Bible loving conservatives who don't think there's anything wrong with being gay. Just are there are dip**** atheists who condemn it (*cough* Chairman Mao *cough*).

Otherwise a solid necrobump.

*fart noise*
    Quote Quote