Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: House votes to derail Obamacare

1. -21
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Yeah I wonder if that 60% or D9954 would like to help me buy food for my family or pay my monthly utilities while my wife is working unpaid? My paycheck covers our mortgage and the kids' daycare, while my wife's covers everything else. For the first time in many years we actually have a credit card with an outstanding balance because we put our groceries on a card yesterday just in case the government shuts down. The government shutting down is in NO WAY a good thing for anyone in this country. And if you think it might be then you're mistaken and if you think it will be then you're delusional.
    You really think it's shutting down 4ever......this is all politics. Don't worry you'll be fine 4 now. The collapse is still coming regardless. This is all stall tactics for the inevitable. And honestly if a grocery trip made your credit card outstanding then there are other issues.
    Last edited by Dolphins9954; 10-01-2013 at 12:30 AM.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The federal government officially shut down for the first time in 17 years at midnight on Monday, after House Republicans refused to drop demands that parts of the Affordable Care Act be delayed in return for approval of a mandatory government funding bill.

Federal employees who are considered essential to public safety will be expected to work this week. But most federal offices will be closed until Congress reaches a deal. The shutdown is the first one of its kind since 1996, when the government closed for 26 days under President Bill Clinton.

Despite missing the deadline, debate persisted in the House and Senate early into the morning. The House is still planning to request to establish a conference committee with the Senate, but Senate Democratic leaders preemptively rejected the offer Monday night, saying they would not negotiate until the House had passed a bill to fund the government for six weeks without any extra provisions.

The Senate will likely respond by tabling the offer, which will take the federal government into a partial shutdown scenario beginning Tuesday morning.
    http://news.yahoo.com/government-shu...165129660.html

"Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good time for Canada to attack.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    You really think it's shutting down 4ever......this is all politics. Don't worry you'll be fine 4 now. The collapse is still coming regardless. This is all stall tactics for the inevitable. And honestly if a grocery trip made your credit card outstanding then there are other issues.
    Oh there was some hyberbole in my statement and I know it will start back up probably in another week or so but that doesn't make it any less annoying or childish.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Government Shutdown Theme Music

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Although U.S. embassies and consulates overseas remain open now, officials say an extended government shutdown will delay augmenting embassy security abroad.

Diplomatic security agents scheduled for specialized training before heading to new assignments overseas must wait because the Department of Homeland Security's Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Georgia is closed.

More urgently, new security enhancements and upgrade projects at U.S. facilities around the world are delayed because contracts for new construction, major renovations and new leases cannot be issued.

These are the same enhancements recommended by the Accountability Review Board that followed the deadly terror attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, last year.
    http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2013/1...y-mideast-aid/

So the same party that couldnt stop wailing about the Benghazi attacks is causing embassies to stay vulnerable.

Sounds about right.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    My money's on "run out of popcorn".
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Apprantely some dude in California got obamacare insurance and is paying 11k a year, and apprantely he's really happy about it

dumbass

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    Apprantely some dude in California got obamacare insurance and is paying 11k a year, and apprantely he's really happy about it

dumbass
    Link...?

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote