Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: House votes to derail Obamacare

1. -41
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wasn't the sequester supposed to do the same thing?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Obama administration says a U.S. default would be "catastrophic." Economists say it could plunge the country into recession and prompt a global financial meltdown.
    Maybe I'm just ****ed up because I'd love to see a global financial meltdown in my time, how ****ing exciting would that be!!!
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They shut down the commissary at Ft. Carson army base just south of town here. I was working in that area and went into a Safeway nearby for lunch. A lot of soldiers and probably some of their wives and kids too swinging by the ATM and going in and out of there for groceries.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My wife got an email today. They'll be getting pay for 9/22 to 9/30 on this Friday's paycheck but nothing after that until the shutdown ends.
    Nearly 70% of the Earth is covered by water...the rest is covered by Gerod Holliman.

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like many Republican lawmakers, Brenda Barton is furious that the federal government shutdown has forced the closure of national parks.

Barton, an Arizona state representative, took to Facebook to express her fury in a series of status updates Monday. In one, she compared President Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler.

"Someone is paying the National Park Service thugs overtime for their efforts to carry out the order of De Fuhrer," Barton wrote. "[W]here are our Constitutional Sheriffs who can revoke the Park Service Rangers authority to arrest??? Do we have any Sheriffs with a pair?"

Fuhrer, the German term for leader, is most often associated with Hitler.

"While the POTUS continues to punish the American people," Barton continued, "he keeps open his golf course, he keeps open Camp David, and he retains his and his wife's excessive staff and stable of Czars! I'll bet he has kept in service his 3 food tasters!!!"...

"The Chief Executive is acting as an Imperial President," she added, "without regard to his citizens, only caring about his agenda. With all the exemptions he has unilaterally bestowed on many interest groups, could he not delay the ACA Individual Mandate for a single year? Without regard for the elected House of Representatives. What do you call that?"...

In an interview with the Arizona Capitol Times, Barton stood by the comparison.

Hes dictating beyond his authority, she said of Obama. Its not just the death camps. (Hitler) started in the communities, with national health care and gun control. You better read your history. Germany started with national health care and gun control before any of that other stuff happened. And Hitler was elected by a majority of people."

It got your attention, she added. [President Obama is] doing something controversial. Its not controversial that Im criticizing him. I dont think thats controversial at all.
    http://news.yahoo.com/arizona-de-fuh...134942788.html

Never ceases to amaze me.

GOP, if your going to break ****, please dont bitch about how its broken.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not to diminish the obvious power of her argument, but I don't think you keep Czars in a stable.

My folks actually left on a vacation to New Mexico the Tuesday the shutdown went into effect with the plan to visit several national parks. Their timing is as impeccable as always. When we went to Yellowstone National Park as a kid we were proceeded by a gigantic forest fire that had consumed half of the park the month before. The experience was comparable to a family of ants taking a tour of a toothpick factory.

So anyway with about half of their itinerary not worth the paper my dad probably printed out in triplicate they've been forced to improvise and go to a bunch of "lesser" parks along with the rest of the people who chose this time in our nation's history to visit national parks in New Mexico.

Republicans, the both of them. At least they were when they left.

#freespesh
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks

House votes to derail Obamacare

Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    My wife got an email today. They'll be getting pay for 9/22 to 9/30 on this Friday's paycheck but nothing after that until the shutdown ends.
    Sorry to hear that. My wife is in Virginia right now. She said they have shutdown sky line drive. Front Royal a near by town depends on the fall tourism for a large part of their revenues.

This pissing contest is going to hurt a lot of good people. Such a shame.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Not to diminish the obvious power of her argument, but I don't think you keep Czars in a stable.

My folks actually left on a vacation to New Mexico the Tuesday the shutdown went into effect with the plan to visit several national parks. Their timing is as impeccable as always. When we went to Yellowstone National Park as a kid we were proceeded by a gigantic forest fire that had consumed half of the park the month before. The experience was comparable to a family of ants taking a tour of a toothpick factory.

So anyway with about half of their itinerary not worth the paper my dad probably printed out in triplicate they've been forced to improvise and go to a bunch of "lesser" parks along with the rest of the people who chose this time in our nation's history to visit national parks in New Mexico.

Republicans, the both of them. At least they were when they left.
    Balloon Fiesta is this week if they are still in my neck of the woods...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

8. -48
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Balloon Fiesta is this week if they are still in my neck of the woods...
    I talked to them a few days ago and they mentioned that. They were confused about it and so was I.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I talked to them a few days ago and they mentioned that. They were confused about it and so was I.
    It's boring as ****, but tourists love it. You get up at 3:30 am so you can get to the park and watch a thousand hot air balloons go up at once. Or at night they do the "balloon glow" where they don't actually go up, but just do bursts of flame to make the balloons light up like christmas lights...
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Utah's unemployment claims have jumped to more than three times their normal rate as thousands of furloughed federal workers have filed for benefits since the partial shutdown of the U.S. government on Oct. 1, state officials said Thursday.

The Utah Department of Workforce Services, which administers the unemployment benefits program, has received almost 7,000 claims from Oct. 1 to Oct. 7, spokesman Nic Dunn said.

Of those claims, more than 4,600, or about two-thirds, came from federal workers.

DWS normally sees about 2,000 claims a week, Dunn said.

The Salt Lake Tribune first reported the jump in jobless claims Thursday.

If Congress eventually votes to approve back pay for those furloughed workers, they will be responsible for repaying the benefits, using a payment plan if needed, Dunn said.
    http://news.yahoo.com/utah-jobless-c...221334045.html

What a bunch of moochers.
    Quote Quote