Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: House votes to derail Obamacare

1. -61
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Attack the messenger with a valid point, haven't seen that one. Obamacare is a corporatist sh**burger plain and simple. Save me the Obama is the victim excuse. It's still mandated health insurance and subsidized healthcare even with the public option. And he signed it into law by the way. The funny thing to me is that the "affordability" relies on the government paying the difference for those that can't afford it. Meaning the government (taxpayers) will be writing checks directly to the health insurance and drug companies. How exactly will that give them the incentive to lower costs??
    This is just a difference in ideology. You value money more than you value healthcare for everyone. I value healthcare for everyone more than I value money. You can throw your arguments at me all you want, I'm not going to change my mind. Same with me trying to convince you...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    This is just a difference in ideology. You value money more than you value healthcare for everyone. I value healthcare for everyone more than I value money. You can throw your arguments at me all you want, I'm not going to change my mind. Same with me trying to convince you...
    No answer to my question...ok. Oh but you throw out a baseless claim that I value money over healthcare. I just don't value corporatist inspired healthcare that enriches the insurance and drug companies to the 10th degree. While trampling over basic liberties like my life, my body. Tell me....What incentive do the insurance and drug companies have to cut costs when the government is writing them checks to cover their outrageous prices???

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh and didn't the democrats help kill the public option??
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    No answer to my question...ok. Oh but you throw out a baseless claim that I value money over healthcare. I just don't value corporatist inspired healthcare that enriches the insurance and drug companies to the 10th degree. While trampling over basic liberties like my life, my body. Tell me....What incentive do the insurance and drug companies have to cut costs when the government is writing them checks to cover their outrageous prices???
    How is it a baseless claim when you literally were complaining about the costs of it in the post above?

And I didn't answer your question because there is no reasoning with an unreasonable person. You're not an unreasonable person in general, but when topics like this come up, you absolutely are...
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    How is it a baseless claim when you literally were complaining about the costs of it in the post above?

And I didn't answer your question because there is no reasoning with an unreasonable person. You're not an unreasonable person in general, but when topics like this come up, you absolutely are...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...3/05/dodge.gif

I was complaining about us the taxpayers cutting checks to the insurance and drug companies. And how it won't result to lower costs at all ie. "affordable care act" when we cut checks to them. If anything it rewards them for charging the living sh*t out of us and only gives them the incentive to keep costs high. It's simple really and a total boondoggle and scam wrapped in a pretty little bow. How you twist that into caring more for money than healthcare is beyond me. I don't like scams and tricks. And Obamacare is one of the biggest there is. This isn't unreasonable or partisan the MAJORITY of the country is against Obamacare. Everyone from unions, democrats, GOP and independents.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Republican-controlled House canceled a vote Tuesday night on a plan to reopen the federal government and raise the debt ceiling after support from conservatives for the deal crumbled, leaving Washington without a clear path forward for avoiding a first-ever default on the nation’s debt.

Later Tuesday night, Senate leaders Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell moved to pick up the pieces of the shattered House effort, with aides to both senators expressing optimism a deal could be soon at hand...

It was already far from clear if the House proposal could attract enough support in the Democratic-controlled Senate to end Washington’s political crisis. The plan contains several provisions that Democrats have strongly opposed.

The influential conservative group Heritage Action also opposed the House proposal soon after it was announced, and conservatives close to the House leadership expressed alarm that they had shut down the government and would get nothing for it except a punitive measure restricting their own staff’s healthcare, according to senior House Republican aides.

“I’ve got one vote and I’m a no,” Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) said as he left a meeting with House Speaker John Boehner’s (R-Ohio) leadership team.

The stunning turnaround could represent yet another rebuke to Boehner, whose previous efforts at compromise have been thwarted by his party’s right flank. And with the U.S. Treasury set to exhaust its ability to borrow money on Thursday, Fitch Ratings, a credit rating agency, announced Tuesday that it was accelerating its timetable for a potential U.S. credit rating downgrade, among the first concrete effects of the standoff. If Fitch follows through, it would become the second credit rating firm to downgrade U.S. government debt, potentially triggering ripple effects across a range of financial markets.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...m_politics_pop

You almost have to feel sorry for Boehner...you know, if you didnt realize that he was part of the problem.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well I'm glad to see we have moved to some new topics in the last couples of years ...
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    after years to prepare, I think we can all agree that the roll out of O care has been less than stellar.

not sure Vegas would put much on a large centralized bureaucracy getting it right on this one.
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Republican-controlled House canceled a vote Tuesday night on a plan to reopen the federal government and raise the debt ceiling after support from conservatives for the deal crumbled, leaving Washington without a clear path forward for avoiding a first-ever default on the nation’s debt.
    How is not raising the debt ceiling a default??
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What if, instead of throwing its political energy into a failing effort to defund Obamacare, the Republican Party had spent the month of August, and then September, and now October, pounding the Obama administration on the arrival of the president's national health care scheme? What if the days before October 1 had been filled with Republican predictions of calamity, and the days after filled with Republican exploitation of that calamity? If the GOP had taken that path, the party might be in a very different place than it is today. The White House, too.
    http://washingtonexaminer.com/republ...rticle/2537193

An interesting "alternate history" for those that enjoy that type of thing. Nothing earth shattering, no revelations, but just a logical chain of events on how much stronger the GOP would be today if they had decided not to play stupid politics. The author makes a compelling case.
    Quote Quote