Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Don't dare ask a question at a school board meeting.

  1. -1
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,154
    vCash:
    7625
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Don't dare ask a question at a school board meeting.






    "Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,154
    vCash:
    7625
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The kicker.....he's facing 10 years in jail for "assaulting" a police officer.

    The officer pushed Small and then escorted him into the hall, handcuffed him and had him sit on the curb in front of the school. He was taken to the Towson precinct and detained. Small was charged with second-degree assault of a police officer, which carries a fine of $2,500 and up to 10 years in prison, and disturbing a school operation, which carries a fine of $2,500 and up to six months.
    http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...new-curriculum
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Buddy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    3,947
    vCash:
    15709
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Re: Don't dare ask a question at a school board meeting.

    He should have knocked Louis Gossett Jr. on his butt...rent-a-cop!
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    LANGER72's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2006
    Posts:
    9,150
    vCash:
    28713
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The moral to the story is that as a private citizen, you need to bring in your own security to speak before corrupt officials.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,717
    vCash:
    12951
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    The kicker.....he's facing 10 years in jail for "assaulting" a police officer.



    http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...new-curriculum
    It's nice to know that you can get jail time for an officer attacking you.

    Valandui's Weekly Music Video

    The Devin Townsend Project: Kingdom (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZjziohaPc
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    5,319
    vCash:
    10686
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have to play devil's advocate here, but he wasn't following the rules of the forum. The disturbing a school operation charge most certainly should stick, but the video clearly shows there was not 2nd degree assault on a police officer. That one won't go anywhere with a judge. IMHO the guy took his disruption too far. He made his point for a minute and a half before the officer walked over. He then ranted for another 30 or so seconds after that. If he had voluntarily left once the officer pulled him from the isle then everything would be fine right now.
    Nearly 70% of the Earth is covered by water...the rest is covered by Gerod Holliman.

    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,154
    vCash:
    7625
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    I have to play devil's advocate here, but he wasn't following the rules of the forum. The disturbing a school operation charge most certainly should stick, but the video clearly shows there was not 2nd degree assault on a police officer. That one won't go anywhere with a judge. IMHO the guy took his disruption too far. He made his point for a minute and a half before the officer walked over. He then ranted for another 30 or so seconds after that. If he had voluntarily left once the officer pulled him from the isle then everything would be fine right now.
    BS. He had support from many others there. He was expressing the feelings of many there and he was shut down physically for it. The school board was only accepting pre-written and pre-approved questions. It was all an illusion and he pulled the curtain and got charged for a potential 10 years in jail for it. If you can't see the injustice and wrong in this than I don't know what more to tell you.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    5,319
    vCash:
    10686
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    BS. He had support from many others there. He was expressing the feelings of many there and he was shut down physically for it. The school board was only accepting pre-written and pre-approved questions. It was all an illusion and he pulled the curtain and got charged for a potential 10 years in jail for it. If you can't see the injustice and wrong in this than I don't know what more to tell you.
    But dems the rules. That's what type of questions they were accepting and he still got his rant in. He made his point and now he's got to take his medicine. But I forgot for you hard core Libertarians rules and laws are like the pirate's code: more like guidelines.

    Do I think the whole thing is silly? Of course I do but laws are laws and rules are rules. Besides, visit this guy after the justice system is done and I'd wager he probably gets a small fine. This guy is not going to do any prison time. But in your typical fashion you've got to sensationalize it to make any kind of central government the worst thing in the world. So is this school board in Baltimore coming to take our guns away now?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,154
    vCash:
    7625
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    But dems the rules. That's what type of questions they were accepting and he still got his rant in. He made his point and now he's got to take his medicine. But I forgot for you hard core Libertarians rules and laws are like the pirate's code: more like guidelines.

    Do I think the whole thing is silly? Of course I do but laws are laws and rules are rules. Besides, visit this guy after the justice system is done and I'd wager he probably gets a small fine. This guy is not going to do any prison time. But in your typical fashion you've got to sensationalize it to make any kind of central government the worst thing in the world. So is this school board in Baltimore coming to take our guns away now?

    Really.....

    This was an example of sh!tty government and representation along with a clear overcharge and abuse of power. But keep on keeping on.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    5,319
    vCash:
    10686
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Really.....

    This was an example of sh!tty government and representation along with a clear overcharge and abuse of power. But keep on keeping on.
    Oh so now a yank to get the guy's attention is an abuse of power? He cop could have grabbed him and pinned his arm behind his back dragged him out of the meeting like a common criminal but he didn't. Yes it's over charging (which is common in criminal justice) but the charges won't stick or will be adjusted down (which is again, common) because that's what our judicial system is for. But then again that doesn't fit your borderline anarchist narrative, does it? Any minor little thing gets blown up into a major government abuse. I guess that includes school board meetings now. It's a c-o-n-spiracy I tell you man! SMH.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 06:01 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 11:51 PM
  3. A Question to all of you on this board.....
    By Section126 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 03:56 PM
  4. Question about this board. (I'm new)
    By Sage's #1 Fan in forum Questions and Suggestions Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-28-2004, 12:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •