Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 209

Thread: Geno Smith and pocket awareness

  1. -11
    J. David Wannyheimer's Avatar
    Join me.
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    21,306
    vCash:
    172423
    DeVante Parker's 11Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan89 View Post
    You should probably watch the games. He hasn't stunk...
    He was bad overall in the Bucs game, the team was gifted a victory. He was godawful in the Patriots game. Don't even pretend that he wasn't. That 4th quarter was some of the worst football I've ever seen in my life.
    Join me. Perhaps you may be able to help solve a mystery.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    Jetsfan89's Avatar
    Rookie
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    761
    vCash:
    4721
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    He was bad overall in the Bucs game, the team was gifted a victory. He was godawful in the Patriots game. Don't even pretend that he wasn't. That 4th quarter was some of the worst football I've ever seen in my life.
    He was not bad overall against the Bucs.

    Since when is 24-38 for 256 yards 1 TD and 1 pick bad overall?
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    TANNERRRRECTION!!!!
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,444
    vCash:
    109769
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan89 View Post
    He was not bad overall against the Bucs.

    Since when is 24-38 for 256 yards 1 TD and 1 pick bad overall?
    He did enough to be decent but if you can look at him and not be concerned with his pocket awareness, footwork and accuracy, then you don't know what your seeing.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Jetsfan89's Avatar
    Rookie
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    761
    vCash:
    4721
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    He did enough to be decent but if you can look at him and not be concerned with his pocket awareness, footwork and accuracy, then you don't know what your seeing.
    All stuff that can be worked on. Every QB has things they need to improve on 3 games into their career.

    At 2-1 and watching Geno play i've seen plenty of bad but plenty of good as well. And for a rookie QB, I will take it.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Mike13's Avatar
    I am a golden god
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    21,791
    vCash:
    23532
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Geno is second in INTs next to Eli Manning.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    Ben Had's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    2,465
    vCash:
    98044
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan89 View Post
    All stuff that can be worked on. Every QB has things they need to improve on 3 games into their career.

    At 2-1 and watching Geno play i've seen plenty of bad but plenty of good as well. And for a rookie QB, I will take it.
    He's much better than sanchez...at least you dont have to hold your breath each time he drops back to pass.

    It will be fun seeing what he's made of the next several games.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    TANNERRRRECTION!!!!
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    15,444
    vCash:
    109769
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan89 View Post
    All stuff that can be worked on. Every QB has things they need to improve on 3 games into their career.

    At 2-1 and watching Geno play i've seen plenty of bad but plenty of good as well. And for a rookie QB, I will take it.
    Agreed but the question is whether or not he has the discipline and focus to put in the work required.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    Scout Team
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2010
    Posts:
    47
    vCash:
    1265
    The kid is still a rookie. It is way too early to make sweeping pronouncements. When Peyton was a rookie, he led the league in interceptions. When Brady was a rookie, he was fourth string (who here can name the Pats 3rd string qb in 2000?).

    Both EJ and Geno have the physical tools to succeed. Getting used to the speed of the pro game and getting on the same page as everyone else takes time. In many ways I cut them the same slack I cut the Pats wrs.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    Jetsfan89's Avatar
    Rookie
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    761
    vCash:
    4721
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    He's much better than sanchez...at least you dont have to hold your breath each time he drops back to pass.

    It will be fun seeing what he's made of the next several games.
    Agreed.

    Fact that he is better then Sanchez is huge. Even if Geno is the 21st or 22nd best QB in the league our team will be better by a large margin. We've had one of the bottom 3 QB's in the league for a long time. Geno just being decent makes us a lot better as a team. Biggest thing is he needs to stop turning the ball over.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Jetsfan89's Avatar
    Rookie
    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2008
    Posts:
    761
    vCash:
    4721
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Agreed but the question is whether or not he has the discipline and focus to put in the work required.
    Of course. But until I see a reason to doubt that he wont do that i'm not expecting him not to work just as hard as every other QB in the league to get better. I don't question anyones work ethic until they give me a reason to.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Ryan Tannehill's pocket awareness
    By number1fin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 04-07-2014, 09:44 AM
  2. That Lewis has pocket awareness
    By Wallace17Miami in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2013, 06:33 PM
  3. Tannehill has horrible pocket awareness
    By dolfanerie in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 10-08-2013, 01:47 PM
  4. Is there a QB in the NFL with worse pocket awareness than tannehill?
    By Dmarino110 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 06:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •