Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith and pocket awareness

1. -21
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's doing good for a rookie imo. I can't wait until we play the Jets though. I want our D to just tee off on them. Blitz Blitz Blitz!
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The question is pocket awareness I said nothing about the INTs -> I would prefer him over Sanchez myself if i were a Jests fan. The pocket awareness issue is huge and will be more pronounced when he plays top 10 Defenses which I would say he hasn't yet.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

For the record I take Manuel over Geno myself
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    The question is pocket awareness I said nothing about the INTs -> I would prefer him over Sanchez myself if i were a Jests fan. The pocket awareness issue is huge and will be more pronounced when he plays top 10 Defenses which I would say he hasn't yet.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

For the record I take Manuel over Geno myself
    So because YOU think he has no pocket awareness your ready to write off his career 3 games in? 2 of which have been successful...
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    They are talking playoffs on ganggreen!
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    They are talking playoffs on ganggreen!
    thats funny.

dont get me wrong, the jets have looked a lot better than i thought they would, as much as it pains me to say that as a fins fan.

geno smith despite his stats not looking good, watching him play, he deff is an upgrade over sanchez imo and who knows what he will be. there defense has looked good, and they actually have a pass rush for the 1st time in years.

With that being said, this is nowhere near a playoff team. Geno still is going to go through growing pains, they still have ZERO running game, o line is suspect, wrs are not consistent, and they r still struggling to put up pts.

17 vs the bucs, 10 vs the pats, and yesterday they had a nice offensive game.

the schedule for them coming up is going to bring out there true colors. there next 6-

WEEK 4- AT TEN
    WEEK 5- AT ATL
    WEEK 6 -VS PIT
    WEEK 7-VS NE
    WEEK 8- AT CIN
    WEEK 9- VS NO

If the jets go 3-3 in those games, u guys can start talking playoffs. i expect 2-4 at best, more likely 1-5, would not be ''SHOCKED'' 0-6.

You guys go 3-3 in those games, you guys are 5-4, with a remaining schedule of-

at buf, at balt, vs mia, vs oak, at car, vs cle, at mia. still not easy by any means, because the jets are not going to blowout even the bottom tier teams, but if they got by the next 6 games with 3-3 or better, it would not be fair to rule them out vs any other teams.

long way to go jet fans, your team maybe better than the giants, but you need to be better than the fins and pats, which u r nowhere near as of now ( healthy pats team that is)
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    They beat the Bucs and Bills. Good for them, that makes it more likely the Ryan circus stays in town and hurts their draft position. They won't get to beat up on 2 of the 4 or so worst franchises in the NFL every week.

They only get 1 more game vs the Bills.

This sig in memory of 'Crazylegs' Elroy Hirsch. Go. Packers.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    They beat the Bucs and Bills. Good for them, that makes it more likely the Ryan circus stays in town and hurts their draft position. They won't get to beat up on 2 of the 4 or so worst franchises in the NFL every week.

They only get 1 more game vs the Bills.
    Rex is 36-31 in his career as Jets head coach. Everyone wants him to stick around. Only decision that matters though is the GM's. It would be a mistake to let him go IMO.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pocket Awareness no one said he can't play QB in the NFL

We'll see whether he has pocket awareness - can this be taught remains to be seen - looks like they and the Bills will win just enough for them to draft another stud DT. Which is fine by me
    Last edited by rev kev; 09-24-2013 at 12:13 AM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan89 View Post
    Rex is 36-31 in his career as Jets head coach. Everyone wants him to stick around. Only decision that matters though is the GM's. It would be a mistake to let him go IMO.
    Dolphin fans certainly want Rex to stick around
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Geno was a big time passer in college and I have had little doubt that he is going to be able to make a lot of plays in this league. I just think his ceiling is going to be that of a player who doesn't eliminate all the mistakes and doesn't have the awareness to sustain not just good, but great play. But he can beat people, and if the Jets can play good defense, they can win games if they don't beat themselves on offense.

I think he'll be better than Manuel, but I'm entirely unsold on Manuel. It's a shame, because I'd much rather a blue collar city like Buffalo be the ones helping us unseat NE than New Jersey.
    Quote Quote