Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith and pocket awareness

1. -41
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we all cannto be as lucky as the great Miami franchise, obviously Geno sucks. Ryan tannehill is the greatest and we envy you b/c of all the SBs you will win b/c of him. Enjoy the next decade of domination while we draft a new QB every year or 2.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    we all cannto be as lucky as the great Miami franchise, obviously Geno sucks. Ryan tannehill is the greatest and we envy you b/c of all the SBs you will win b/c of him. Enjoy the next decade of domination while we draft a new QB every year or 2.
    Your pretty much dead on about your envy...thats why you post here so much.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ooops

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post

The Walrus, in the LOL@jest epic thread on draft day (subtitled: "Homer Not Now Fooling Anyone")

Post 1320
    http://www.finheaven.com/show...ost1064682302:[/COLOR]
    Junc didn't come back to this thread to make fun of the Jets as promised, so I went and found his posts on TGG instead.

This is before the 2nd round started:

I hope it is one of those things where 2-3 years down the road we look back thankful we were wrong and Idzik was right but I will be livid if we move up to take a QB.
    Then, after the pick is made:

PLEASE bring back Mike Tannenbaum.

The only good news is at least we didn't waste picks to move up to get him.

We have a QB, he just needs weapons and now we will waste rebuilding years w/ a project QB w/ no weapons.
    my guess is the restructure of Brick was to allow them to absorb Mark's cap hit when they release him. Good luck Mark, you will win somewhere else and we'll suck for years to come- and we deserve it
    Instead of surrounding the QB w/ weapons we draft D, D AGAIN then take a project QB. This makes that Pitt title game loss even harder b/c I don't think we'll get that close to a SB in the next decade
    we won when we surrounded him w/ talent, Geno couldn't win w/ immense talent in a weak conf in college
    This next post in a thread called "Fire Idzik":

so far he got fleeced in the Revis deal, took two more defensive players and a project QB w/ 3 premium picks. So far I HATE him but I hope to be proven wrong.
    we are tying our future to this guy, if he doesn't pans out he's a bust. Kellen Clemsn was bust as a 2nd rd picks. we will also be getting rid of a proven winner at QB. Geno has immense pressure to succeed.
    Hopefully they give Mark a chance to win his job back like Brees in '04 after they took Rivers.
    I'm with him on this. The Jets with Sanchez at QB are my favorite comedy show. I don't want to see it get canceled.

he had opportunities to trade back. 3 straight years w/ DL in 1st rd, 5 staright 1st rd picks on D and we wonder why the O sucks.
    teams have been trading back like crazy, he had chances.

I hope he's right, I KNOW I am right on Sanchez and he will succeed somewhere. We should have been getting him weapons instead of competition. If he failed this year we go QB in a stronger QB draft next year but instead we take a QB just to take one

Then someone named Hobbes3259 posts "If the release Sanchez, and play Smith, theyll pick Johnny Football or Manziel next year."

Junc responds...

and then I will officially stop following this team.

Congratulations. You just read the post of the year.

Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's so sad that an adult not only follows me on other boards but saves my posts(then again, this stalker has 10+ pages of images dedicated to me so what would we expect?). Nowhere have I bashed Smith and nowhere have I praised him. What the stalker who fails at reading comprehension fails to realize is that what he posted today has nothing to do w/ anything but in his little simple minded world b/c I was upset on draft day means I think geno sucks. I really feel bad for certain people on this board and I wonder how they survive in the real world?
    Quote Quote  

5. -45

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the Walrus is obsessed with you? hmmmm. All I know if that on my home board, there's plenty of ammo that you don't respect Geno Smith, thought it was a poor choice,, not because of other offensive needs and your love of Buttchez, but because he's in your opinion a loooooooonnnnnng term project, who essentially couldn't differentiate himself even with superior talent around him.

You have 25thosuand posts here; I've been calling you out since i joined this board in '97 so you invite my chops which i 've said many times provides a workday downtime filler while I wait for things to happen. So yes, you've been at times so transparently ridiculously homeristic and passive aggressive in your jealousy of the Fins, that 10 pages of chops while I work 5 days a week over 6.5 years really isn't all that much now is it? So much for that spin, LOLOL
    . You're kind of my muse.. you should be flattered
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    so what? I think it's known I am a Mark Sanchez fan, would it shock anyone to learn that I was upset we took geno? That was nothing against Geno, I just wanted weapons for Mark. Geno has been ok through 3 games and I will give every player/coach/GM a chance to prove themselves. Your comment couldn't be more asinine.

I have destroyed your weak arguments, I have exposed you as the biggest fraud on the site. Please stop. You have nothing on me which is why you always resort to making stuff up.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is against Geno.. you essentially said he sucked in college considering his support staff. It's a qualitative judgment about a QB.. just like the ones you make regarding Buttchez, Flacco, Eli, etc.

Geno couldn't win w/ immense talent in a weak conf in college
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well Juncster let's put it this way, there is only way to go for Geno and his pocket awareness -> he is pretty lost out there, the untrained eye can see it, so we may know in 3-4 years how the Geno experiment goes -> meanwhile you can keep selecting D in the top ten
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Bottom 3 QB? How can you say that when Junctions feels the complete opposite?
    Because i'm entitled to my own opinion...Don't care what other people say. They're entitled to their opinion and i'm entitled to mine. Some posters on this board should do the same.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Junc, you clearly said that the Jets would waste years on a project QB and that he couldn't win in college with immense talent in a weak conference. Of course I understand you're being upset but those are good observations you made. What's odd is that a couple of us chime in our observations of Geno, which parallel yours in not being favorable, and you get defensive with a statement that the mighty Dolphins have a franchise QB and the Jets will suck for a decade while drafting a QB every 2 years.

I'm not trying to be mean but that's a bit of a concern to see behavior like that. Because I make an observation about a Jets player doesn't mean I am criticizing you. Sure we all get defensive with our loyalties to a certain extent but that seems a little overboard. You may want to step back, take a deep breath and reevaluate how a sport is affecting your mental health.
    Quote Quote