Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jake Long: "Meet The New Boss - - (Same As The Old Boss)"

1. -11
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    it's amazing how great players are when playing for the dolphins and how bad they are once they leave.
    Yep, because literally everybody on here was singing his praises when he was on our team. The Long vs. Ryan discussion certainly didn't continue the entire time he was here. The term "cornfed" never existed. Hell, WV, etc. never existed. It was all a figment of my imagination I suppose.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

JEST PEST

Ironic cluelessness coming from someone who's argued that Sanchez may have been at his peak ranked the 27th best QB but still was a top 10 and is presently salvageable while most rational TGG jets fans have told him to move on... At least with Long and Sparano it may have taken some of us longer than others to perceive reality but we have never let our Superfandom get in the way of sentimental subjectivity. If they're jest homegrown, no matter where they are now, they're still great... LOLOL

ANNOUNCING a new FH smiley. Use it judiciously and selectively as to not diminish its impact!

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tulsa, OK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ware beat long to death on the Thanksgiving day game as well. He can't handle any kind of speed rush at all. I honestly think he needs to be kicked inside to guard at this point.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Dolphins Homer
    It's pretty simple in my mind.

Healthy Long = really good OT
    Real life Long = flashes of good but a liability with a huge contract that might make it to game 8
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Ironic cluelessness coming from someone who's argued that Sanchez may have been at his peak ranked the 27th best QB but still was a top 10 and is presently salvageable while most rational TGG jets fans have told him to move on... At least with Long and Sparano it may have taken some of us longer than others to perceive reality but we have never let our Superfandom get in the way of sentimental subjectivity. If they're jest homegrown, no matter where they are now, they're still great... LOLOL
    Considering you once were singing the praises of Sparano, henne, Marshall, Carpenter, Ricky, Ronnie, etc... this post is comical. You are the one who always overrates guys when they are dolphins then if they are even rumored to be going somewhere they all of a sudden suck.

Remember Calvin pace? In the span of a day he went from great to terrible w/ you and why was that? One day all the rumors pointed to him signing w/ Miami, the next day he actually signed w/ the Jets.

For once stop being a fraud/homer/excuse maker.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    sez the guy that still praises the hapless GM who unnecessarily killed the cap by extended a bottom feeding QB, wasted a first round draft on a crap CB from Boise, traded a 4th and exchanged a sixth and kicked in a few mil trading for Tebow and assorted the offense with substandard tools whether healthy or not that got them into the hole they're still trying to dig out of (as evidenced by Clyde Gates still being on the team)... or the fanboy that will admit that his QB is a 27th rated bottom feeder at best, but in the fantasy of his head, he's a top 10, or that the jets #3 ranked defense really wasn't and that';s why they continued to be conference losers, or that Sparano was a promising hire despite his track record, or that Rex had nothing to do with tripping our gunner plans, wasn't clueless while the clubhouse exploded or that he and his slut wife's perverse adultery wasn't a poor reflection on the team.. and that's the tip of the iceberg.

Big difference is that I'm no different than you in seeing my team hopefully through rose colored glasses, however, the difference is, I don't have to be banged over the head over and over again to change my opinion and throw in the towel because I have sufficient self confidence and esteem in life that maintaining the delusion of being proved dead wrong does not impact my self image or worth. I mean really, even now you're defending Sanchez as not having weapons ignoring that he throws into triple coverage, misses the open receiver , has happy feet and reads defenses like Stevie Wonder. You really need to look into a mirror before accusing anyone else of the homerism that reeks from your being and is obvious here and on TGG almost universally, because you know that when even I start to get embarrassed for you.. like when you claim the buttfumble took on a media life of its own because the jest are so relevant, you are beyond ridiculous.

PS don't come to a knife fight holding an unzipped peeshooter.. next time I won't be so kind cuz I'm kind of sick of you. You need to take some lessons from our new best enemy poster humble colts fan who unlike me having ot pester you after freeloading for tens of thousands of posts to become a supporter, has come back after the game often and unsolicitedly has financially supported the account. He stands up for his team, challenges what he perceives as mis-representations, but gives credit where due, is not passive aggressive and is a pleasure to interact with. YOu really should be his grasshopper if you ever want to earn any respect around here from anyone other than a few hard wired bloviating consistently contrary Marys.

Oh and with the jest resources, I have said then and still maintain that Henne would have done at least as well as Sanchez... And how about you singing the praises of LT but now he's a malcontent and bad guy cuz he told the truth about how malignant the jets team, QB and clubhouse were while he was there helping them. WTG homer.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    sez the guy that still praises the hapless GM who unnecessarily killed the cap by extended a bottom feeding QB, wasted a first round draft on a crap CB from Boise, traded a 4th and exchanged a sixth and kicked in a few mil trading for Tebow and assorted the offense with substandard tools whether healthy or not that got them into the hole they're still trying to dig out of (as evidenced by Clyde Gates still being on the team)... or the fanboy that will admit that his QB is a 27th rated bottom feeder at best, but in the fantasy of his head, he's a top 10, or that the jets #3 ranked defense really wasn't and that';s why they continued to be conference losers, or that Sparano was a promising hire despite his track record, or that Rex had nothing to do with tripping our gunner plans, wasn't clueless while the clubhouse exploded or that he and his slut wife's perverse adultery wasn't a poor reflection on the team.. and that's the tip of the iceberg.

Big difference is that I'm no different than you in seeing my team hopefully through rose colored glasses, however, the difference is, I don't have to be banged over the head over and over again to change my opinion and throw in the towel because I have sufficient self confidence and esteem in life that maintaining the delusion of being proved dead wrong does not impact my self image or worth. I mean really, even now you're defending Sanchez as not having weapons ignoring that he throws into triple coverage, misses the open receiver , has happy feet and reads defenses like Stevie Wonder. You really need to look into a mirror before accusing anyone else of the homerism that reeks from your being and is obvious here and on TGG almost universally, because you know that when even I start to get embarrassed for you.. like when you claim the buttfumble took on a media life of its own because the jest are so relevant, you are beyond ridiculous.

PS don't come to a knife fight holding an unzipped peeshooter.. next time I won't be so kind cuz I'm kind of sick of you. You need to take some lessons from our new best enemy poster humble colts fan who unlike me having ot pester you after freeloading for tens of thousands of posts to become a supporter, has come back after the game often and unsolicitedly has financially supported the account. He stands up for his team, challenges what he perceives as mis-representations, but gives credit where due, is not passive aggressive and is a pleasure to interact with. YOu really should be his grasshopper if you ever want to earn any respect around here from anyone other than a few hard wired bloviating consistently contrary Marys.

Oh and with the jest resources, I have said then and still maintain that Henne would have done at least as well as Sanchez... And how about you singing the praises of LT but now he's a malcontent and bad guy cuz he told the truth about how malignant the jets team, QB and clubhouse were while he was there helping them. WTG homer.
    The hapless GM who built a team that made 2 title games. You may want to look up the word hapless.

Our cap was in such bad shape we increased our talent and cleaned it up in one offseason.

You said he was top 15, is there a huge difference from 10- to 15? such a fraud.

The big difference is you are nothing but a homer/excuse maker.

We have a player arrested for DUI I call for him to be suspended, you have TWO players and you say they shouldn't be punished while saying our guy should.

We hire Rex and you say he will never succeed b/c A) his Dad sucked and b) former Raven DCs suck

You told me Tony Sparano was better than rex

You told me we'd never win anything w/ Mark b/c he was from USC. 3rd most playoff wins since entering league

You tell me every year how great Miami is and how we suck, last year was first year since Rex took over that you had a better record(by just one game)

You make fun of our owners daughter dying and ignore the incompetence your owner has showed through the years w/ "celebrity owners", orange carpet, getting rid of early season 1PM games, etc...

We have the Sal Alosi incident, I immediately call for him to be suspended- would you do that?

We have Cromartie and all his kids w/ different women which I have bashed him for. You bash him too while accepting Ricjy abandoning his multiple kids w/ multiple women out of wedlock.

You are nothing but a hypocrite/homer/excuse maker

Bring me your best for once. I get bored thrashing your weak arguments and excuses. For once it would be nice if you posed a challenge.

Henne sucks, he ahd the same opportunity Mark had to win and he couldn't do it. He's a decent backup, nothing more. We don't make a single title game w/ him.

You need to earn MY respect, NOT the other way around.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The fact that you still can't see the error of your ways separates my astigmatic reality-recalibrated homerism from your totally blind homerism. At least you made a valid case why you hate Geno Smith.

But be that as it may, several members have reached out to me recently correctly pointing out that for someone like me to rebut what's obviously embarrassingly wrong only fuels your need to be noticed as an atttention whore and that around here the underlying behavioral pathology and obvious -to--the point of ridiculousness homerism speaks for itself and does not need to be reinforced. I don't have the patience or time to spare productivity to respond to your first thing most every day posts when you regain internet access clocking into your employer.... hell you've been owned so many times on TGG with this ridiculousness that they should put a mini skirt and lipstick on you and send you out to work the Holland Tunnel stroll... probably be more productive than sitting here posting during working hours anyway

Oh and for what it's worth, it's pretty close betw our Meatball and yours.. ourswent 1-4 and actually made history while winning a division, your had 1 legitimate non-charity winning season out of 4 and never won a division. Our meatball retained Henning, yours hired our Meatball depicting him as his mini me. Hell Tony got fired losing a game after winning six out of the last 9 yet Rex is still there losing 13 out of the last 19. Does he have pictures of Woody putting the wood to his wife?
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it's amazing how great players are when playing for the dolphins and how bad they are once they leave.
    Anybody who thought Long was great post 2011 is either a homer or doesn't watch the games.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh i think there were a lot of posters here that jumped off the Jake Long bandwagon long before he was traded.

Yeah there were a few who said he was a better option than Martin at Left Tackle and that may have been true if you didn't weigh in the money factor but Jake is no longer an "eltie" left tackle and hasn't been in at least two or three years. Two years ago I'd argue he just had a down year and was still top 5 after three consecutive seasons on the decline there is no longer a reason to argue, he is just not the same guy anymore, wouldn't matter if he was in Miami or St. Louis .
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote