Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars - They Are Going 0-16

1. -1
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

Jacksonville Jaguars - They Are Going 0-16

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...laine-gabbert/

Coach Gus Bradley said after the game on Sunday that he is “standing strong” with Gabbert after the quarterback went 17-of-32 for 179 yards with three interceptions in the 37-3 loss to the Colts. Bradley said that he still thought Gabbert has strengths as a quarterback, but that the team and the player may have to try harder to bring them to the surface.

“Maybe what we thought were his strengths, maybe we have to dig deeper and find out what they are,” Bradley said, via Vito Stellino of the Florida Times Union. “Hopefully, we can find out very soon.”

Holy crap they are serious about that #1 pick.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They are painful to watch. Would not surprise me one bit if they went 0-16. At least when the Lions did it back in 2008, they had some semblance of an offense. The Jags can barely complete two passes in a row.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I gave the points and bet against the Jags and have won the last 2 weeks.
    That may be my betting stradegy for the rest of the year until they raise the spread into the 20's or 30's
    Pretty much like an overmatched college team.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The owner, Khan also owns a British soccer team; this is all part of a grand design to alienate the fans (that's why they wouldn't even look at Tebow) in a ceremonial move to "resuscitate" the dying franchise by moving it to London .

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    I gave the points and bet against the Jags and have won the last 2 weeks.
    That may be my betting stradegy for the rest of the year until they raise the spread into the 20's or 30's
    Pretty much like an overmatched college team.
    I was thinking the same thing. I don't bet on sports but they go to Denver in two weeks. I imagine the line for that will be similar to the game vs. Seattle. It's almost a guaranteed thing.

Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    The owner, Khan also owns a British soccer team; this is all part of a grand design to alienate the fans (that's why they wouldn't even look at Tebow) in a ceremonial move to "resuscitate" the dying franchise by moving it to London .
    I know people think this is far fetched, but I agree with you 100%. I have been saying this for a while.

This is just like the plot of the film Major League. There is no other explanation. I know most people here think Tim Tebow sucks (and he kind of does), but you can't tell me -- you seriously can't tell me -- that Tim Tebow isn't EXACTLY what the Jaguars need right now. He'd get some fans in the stands and I honestly believe the Jaguars could probably win a game or two with him in there.

There's no other explanation. They want to move the team. And I really can't blame Shad Khan, because Jacksonville is a really crummy market and the state of Florida is struggling every damn week to support three football teams.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its the right call. One way or another, they will have a franchise quarterback next season. Either Gabbert steps up(Ha!) or they get Bridgewater.

I said it in other threads, but the Jags are probably the worst team in the history of the league. Worse then the '08 Lions. Worse then the '07 Dolphins. The Lions put up +20 points in half their games, the Dolphins had some similar games with Cleo Lemon at the helm. Jags can only get field goals. Terrible.

The interesting thing to me is: what do you do with the coaches? Oh, they are clearly coming back, their GM handpicked them. Their owner has to know this team was going to be epically terrible. But how can you justify bringing back the entire regime that just went 0-16? How can you expect your fans to take you seriously? How can you expect your players to take you seriously?
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    I know people think this is far fetched, but I agree with you 100%. I have been saying this for a while.

This is just like the plot of the film Major League. There is no other explanation. I know most people here think Tim Tebow sucks (and he kind of does), but you can't tell me -- you seriously can't tell me -- that Tim Tebow isn't EXACTLY what the Jaguars need right now. He'd get some fans in the stands and I honestly believe the Jaguars could probably win a game or two with him in there.

There's no other explanation. They want to move the team. And I really can't blame Shad Khan, because Jacksonville is a really crummy market and the state of Florida is struggling every damn week to support three football teams.
    At that pt, akin to the way the ad agency decided to position its client in TV commercials (obviously by reverting back to the familiar, it didn't really resonate except maybe with the grey poupon crowd), they will be called the "London Jag U ars" Makes sense to moi
    Quote Quote  

9. -9

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Its the right call. One way or another, they will have a franchise quarterback next season. Either Gabbert steps up(Ha!) or they get Bridgewater.

I said it in other threads, but the Jags are probably the worst team in the history of the league. Worse then the '08 Lions. Worse then the '07 Dolphins. The Lions put up +20 points in half their games, the Dolphins had some similar games with Cleo Lemon at the helm. Jags can only get field goals. Terrible.

The interesting thing to me is: what do you do with the coaches? Oh, they are clearly coming back, their GM handpicked them. Their owner has to know this team was going to be epically terrible. But how can you justify bringing back the entire regime that just went 0-16? How can you expect your fans to take you seriously? How can you expect your players to take you seriously?
    I don't know. I think if they can land whoever the consensus #1 QB is, a lot of this stuff will get whitewashed. If Bridgewater, or whoever it turns out to be, is as advertised, then Jacksonville will quickly become a relevant franchise and the 2013 Jaguars will be remembered like the 2011 Colts -- just bad enough to save the franchise.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I don't bet on sports but they go to Denver in two weeks. I imagine the line for that will be similar to the game vs. Seattle. It's almost a guaranteed thing.
    Right now Jags -13 at St Louis, Jump aboard before it goes up......
    Quote Quote