Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official NHL 2013-14 Thread***

1. -41
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!

Jokinen with the HAT TRICK!!!!!

5-2, 6:57 left

LETS GO PENS!
    LETS GO PENS!
    LETS GO PENS!
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, it wasn't pretty, but I'll take the 2-1 win over the Panthers.

Quote Quote  

3. -43

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies

VICTORY!

5-2, Final.

PENS WIN!
    PENS WIN!
    PENS WIN!
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Very late, but I wanted to comment on the Flyers coaching change; Paul Holmgren is making a desperate attempt to save his job. They're organization is so ass backwardly run sometimes. After they destroyed us (Penguins) a few years ago after trading Richards and Carter away they felt they were on the upswing. But with Pronger's health issues they just never were able to replace his leadership. Claude Giroux is an awesome player, but he's not really a captain. The team also lacks quality defensemen and that Bryz contract unsurprisingly backfired on them.

Also having some contact with people in the Flyers organization, reportedly Holmgren was convinced last year that he would be able to sign 1 if not both of Shea Weber and Steven Stamkos. They did sign Weber to an offer sheet but the Preds matched the offer.

As for the Pens, I actually like the chemistry this year better than last year's team down the stretch. Yes they had an awesome win streak last year, but once everybody was healthy and all the trades were made, the team chemistry seemed off to me especially in the playoffs. I just think one too many moves were made and Danny B tried way too hard to fit certain guys into the lineup over guys who probably should have been playing (Beau Bennett and Jussi Jokinen both had some DNPs, as did Joe Vitale). IIRC, when Sid got back from the jaw injury, they also messed with the lines a bit.

Also impressed with Olli Maatta. Didn't think he'd make the team over Depres or Poulliot, but he's looked good. Depres IMO has been a huge disappointment considering his hype.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    Very late, but I wanted to comment on the Flyers coaching change; Paul Holmgren is making a desperate attempt to save his job. They're organization is so ass backwardly run sometimes. After they destroyed us (Penguins) a few years ago after trading Richards and Carter away they felt they were on the upswing. But with Pronger's health issues they just never were able to replace his leadership. Claude Giroux is an awesome player, but he's not really a captain. The team also lacks quality defensemen and that Bryz contract unsurprisingly backfired on them.

Also having some contact with people in the Flyers organization, reportedly Holmgren was convinced last year that he would be able to sign 1 if not both of Shea Weber and Steven Stamkos. They did sign Weber to an offer sheet but the Preds matched the offer.

As for the Pens, I actually like the chemistry this year better than last year's team down the stretch. Yes they had an awesome win streak last year, but once everybody was healthy and all the trades were made, the team chemistry seemed off to me especially in the playoffs. I just think one too many moves were made and Danny B tried way too hard to fit certain guys into the lineup over guys who probably should have been playing (Beau Bennett and Jussi Jokinen both had some DNPs, as did Joe Vitale). IIRC, when Sid got back from the jaw injury, they also messed with the lines a bit.

Also impressed with Olli Maatta. Didn't think he'd make the team over Depres or Poulliot, but he's looked good. Depres IMO has been a huge disappointment considering his hype.
    As a Flyers fan, I am on my last nerve with Holmgren. He makes a lot of questionable roster moves every year, but some work and some don't. Who would have thought that so far this year, goaltending isn't a problem for the Flyers? I can only hope they play better under Berube.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsPhan11 View Post
    As a Flyers fan, I am on my last nerve with Holmgren. He makes a lot of questionable roster moves every year, but some work and some don't. Who would have thought that so far this year, goaltending isn't a problem for the Flyers? I can only hope they play better under Berube.
    Mason IMO is a decent goalie. The issue was that he had an awesome rookie year in the Blue Jacket's lone playoff year (won Calder Trophy) and just couldn't live up to the hype after.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Phins & Philly Sports

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    Mason IMO is a decent goalie. The issue was that he had an awesome rookie year in the Blue Jacket's lone playoff year (won Calder Trophy) and just couldn't live up to the hype after.
    So far, he has been great. He stole that game against Florida, as sad as that sounds. I also like that they have Emery as the other goalie, so they won't wear one of their goalies out like they did to Bryz last year. Sooner or later, the offense is going to play better. I have a hard time seeing them struggle to get 1-2 goals a game. This should just be a funk they're in right now.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    just bit the bullet and bought the center ice package so i can the patrick roy show
    Quote Quote  

9. -49

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Pens vs. Oilers tonight @ 7:00

LETS GO PENS!