Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quarter Season Mock Draft

1. -1
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Draft Quarter Season Mock Draft

I know it's still extremely early, but I do want to do semi regular ones as the season goes. We kind of know already what each team is starting to look like and what the needs will be. Still tough to project who will go where, but it's always a fun attempt. Looking forward to the feedback.

1.Jacksonville Jaguars-Teddy Bridgewater QB, Louisiville Jacksonville is bad. REALLY bad. Like may be the worst team I've ever seen play bad. David Caldwell has a lot of work to do here. I still maintain that I was the first person to start the Tanking for Teddy movement, but whatever. Teddy isn't a perfect prospect like Andrew Luck, but he has a lot of qualities that you look for in a franchise QB.

2.Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Marcus Mariota QB, Oregon I don't think any QB has seen his stock rise as much as the Redshirt Sophomore from Hawaii. Mariota can still go back to school for 2 more years, but rumors seem to be he's really considering entering early. With it looking like only a matter of time before the Bucs get rid of Greg Schiano. This could change if Mike Glennon shows enough, but I am no fan of Glennon and doubt he'll be able to change the fate.

3.New York Giants-Jadeveon Clowney DE, South Carolina Clowney is arguably the best player in all of college football and can move all over the defense. The Giants won 2 Super Bowls with a great pass rush, and their top 3. Jason Pierre-Paul, Justin Tuck, and Matthias Kiwianuka, just haven't produced.

4.Pittsburgh Steelers-Taylor Lewan OT, Michigan Mike Adams and Marcus Gilbert have looked awful at left and right tackle. I rate Lewan slightly ahead of Jake Matthews (though again I'm a Michigan homer) but you can't go wrong either way. Both would add toughness, leadership, and nastiness to a OL that tends to be rather weak.

5.Oakland Raiders-Marquis Lee WR, USC Terrell Pryor has given the Raiders some hope at QB so I'm not gonna mock them a QB yet. While pass rusher could be an option, their D is playing tough even if it doesn't show. I think the biggest concern is getting their QB some weapons. I have Sammy Watkins rated a little higher than Lee, but Lee's experience in the West Coast system will make his transition a little easier in Oakland.

6.Philadelphia Eagles-Louis Nix III NT, Notre Dame While a WR like Sammy Watkins would be tempting the Eagles need help on defense and Nix is one of those DTs that are really hard to pass up. He's played as a NT in a 3-4 for a few years already, but he can also add pass rush. He's a bit like Haloti Ngata in that sense.

7.St. Louis Rams-Haha Clinton-Dix S, Alabama Rams need safety help badly. Clinton-Dix is by far the best one in the draft. He also allows them to do a variety of different things.

8.Minnesota Vikings- Brett Hundley QB, UCLA The weapons are there for the Vikings to be a dominant offense, but Christian Ponder is holding them back. Matt Cassel has already proven he's not a starter in the NFL. Hundley could go as high as number 2 or he could fall a little lower.

9.St Louis Rams- Sammy Watkins WR, Clemson Sure they traded up for Tavon Austin, but guys like Austin Pettis, Brian Quick, and Chris Givens leave a lot to be desired. Watkins should develop into a go-to WR that will allow Austin to flourish in the slot.

10.New York Jets-Anthony Barr DE/OLB, UCLA Barr is a top 5 player in the draft arguably, but I could see him falling a bit due to being a better fir in the 3-4. I think the Jets will do whatever it takes to get Barr on their team.

11. Carolina Panthers-Bradley Roby CB, Ohio State Panthers lost 2 games early this season due to shoddy CB play. Roby is the best CB in the draft IMO and should add a toughness that they miss

12.Arizona Cardinals-Jake Matthews OT, Texas A&M Biggest need for the Cards continues to be OT even with Levi Brown returning. Jake Matthews easily could be a top 5 pick.

13.Buffalo Bills-Jason Verrett CB, TCU The CBs outside of Stephon Gilmore suck. Corner play cost the Bills a game against the Jets. Verrett is probably the best CB not being talked about by most people. And no this is not a pick to piss silver off.

14.Cleveland Browns-Johnny Manziel QB, Texas A&M The Browns have been sited at a couple A&M games this year, and Michael Lombardi reportedly loves Johnny Football. Johnny Football also seems ready to get out of college. Brian Hoyer has shown to be a more reliable option in 2 games than Brandon Weeden, but he's not a guy to rest your future on. Manziel has his issues, but he'll bring excitement to the franchise, and his own brand of leadership.

15.San Diego Chargers-Cyrus Kouandjio OT, Alabama Phillip Rivers is back to kicking ass, but I'd be scared to death having King Dunlap as my starting LT. The Chargers got Kouandjio's teammate DJ Fluker in the last draft, and it would be smart to reunite the two in next year's draft.

16.Tennessee Titans-Austin Sefarian-Jenkins TE, Washington Not a huge need with the addition of Delanie Walker, but the Titans do lack explosiveness there. Sefarian-Jenkins is also arguably the BPA at the pick as well.

17.Atlanta Falcons-Will Sutton DT, Arizona State Despite having a field day against us, the Falcons DL hasn't been getting much pressure. I feel like Sutton is the most underrated player in the draft right now and feel that he will go higher once he tests out at the combine.

18.Dallas Cowboys- Ra'Shede Hageman DT, Minnesota The Dallas D has really taken to Monte Kiffin, but they still need help up the middle. Hageman is having a great season with the Golden Gophers and is being mocked top 10 in some areas.

19.Houston Texans-Tajh Boyd QB, Clemson Boyd can go anywhere in round 1, a lot depends on the kids that declare. The last 2 seasons it's becoming more and more evident that Matt Schaub can only get you so far. It's time for the Texans to try a new franchise QB.

20.Baltimore Ravens-Mike Evans WR, Texas A&M Trading away Anquan Boldin turned out to be a bad move on Ozzie Newsome's part. The offense is missing the physical WR in the passing game. Evans potentially could go much higher with a good combine.

21.Cincinatti Bengals-Ryan Shazier LB, Ohio State While the Bengals defense has been good, they are missing some speed in the LB corp. Shazier should help rectify that issue.

22.Green Bay Packers-Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB, Oregon The Green Bay CB corp is really just a bunch of guys outside of Tramon Williams (who himself is only average to just a little above). Ekpre-Olomu is a bit on the small size, but he plays big.

23.Detroit Lions-CJ Mosely LB, Alabama The LB corp in Detroit is nothing to write home about. Mosely could add some playmaking to the group.

24.Cleveland Browns-Cyril Richardson OG, Baylor The Browns need some help in the middle of that OL Richardson has been absolutely dominant in Baylor's spread offense and is getting some top 20 love.

25.Chicago Bears-Stephon Truitt DE, Notre Dame The DL could use another guy to get to the QB, as they've struggled a bit with that this season.

26.Miami Dolphins-Antonio Richardson OT, Tennessee Sorry guys, didn't want to go cornfed, but I'm not really seeing much options otherwise. 18 sacks in 4 games is just too bad to ignore. Richardson is a bit raw, but has as much potential at OT as you'll find. He's a massive OT and moves quite well. Jon Martin has been so-so as a pass protector, but really good in the game. Tyson Clabo has been crap. At this point in the draft there really aren't many other ways to go.

27.San Francisco 49ers-Brandon Coleman WR, Rutgers Getting Michael Crabtree back will help out their passing game a lot, but the truth is that right now the 9ers don't have a consistent threat at WR. Boldin has had 2 big games and 2 disappearing acts.

28.New England Patriots-Marcus Roberson CB, Florida Aquib Talib has been great for the Pats, but he's playing on a one year deal. The rest of the Pats CBs aren't much to write home about.

29.Kansas City Chiefs-Eric Ebron TE, North Carolina Anthony Fasano and Travis Kelce have both missed a lot of time meaning Sam McGraff is getting quite a few snaps at TE. Andy Reid's offenses rely more on TEs than you'd think so Ebron is a smart pick up.

30.New Orleans Saints- Khalil Mack DE/OLB, Buffalo Need more players that fit the 3-4. Mack is a great player playing at a crappy school. He absolutely dominated the Buckeyes OL in Columbus earlier this season.

31.Denver Broncos-Trent Murphy DE, Stanford When Von Miller comes back the pass rush should improve, but they still need one more guy. Murphy has been great for Stanford. He can also stand up and play Miller's position if need be.

32.Seattle Seahawks-Kyle Van Noy OLB/DE, BYU Perfect fit for the defense as the Elephant Back.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo

Re: Quarter Season Mock Draft

if manziel goes round one I cant see anywhere else but the eagles
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What do you see the Dolphins doing in round #2? Do you have any players in mind? perhaps another CB or Safety?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm really high on Manziel. He's my #1 QB of this class. As far as where he'll actually go, I can see anywhere from top 5 to somewhere in the 2nd half of the 1st. Also, I wouldn't count out Cincinnati when talking about team who could be looking for a QB in 2014.

I think Matthews goes before Lewan.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a really solid effort.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan91 View Post
    What do you see the Dolphins doing in round #2? Do you have any players in mind? perhaps another CB or Safety?
    potentially TE or safety. It was tempting to mock either Ebron or Colt Lyerla to Miami in this mock but I felt I couldn't ignore OL.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    potentially TE or safety. It was tempting to mock either Ebron or Colt Lyerla to Miami in this mock but I felt I couldn't ignore OL.
    How do you feel about Yankey the OG from Stanford? Most have him rated a 1st rounder.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan91 View Post
    How do you feel about Yankey the OG from Stanford? Most have him rated a 1st rounder.
    I considered him for sure. I think like with most guards he's gonna have to prove it after the season. But for the future watch the LT next to him Andrus Peat. Stanford actually has a few other true sophomores (Kyle Murphy and Josh Garnett namely) who are gonna be studs. But I do like him

I also briefly considered taking Cyril Richardson for Miami. Not the typical OG/OT you'd look for in the West Coast Offense, but he's very athletic for his size.

I think Matthews goes before Lewan.
    As I said, I'll be a Michigan homer in that case lol. I do think Lewan and Matthews have separated themselves from Kouandjio though (whose not having a bad season, but doesn't look as good as he did last year)
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i like the position fits for the teams you have put together...i would probably say the browns if they have pinkston and lauvao would not go richardson with that pick...

nailed the steelers top need...tackle is obvious as can be...nailed the rams glaring weakness although i think dix that high is too rich the need is so obvious i think its very possible...absolutely horrid at safety saint louis is...

jake matthews shouldn't get out of the top 5 but things happen...still i think teams are gonna wonder if lewan is a better right tackle fit in the pros...mathews is also more a zone scheme fit so he likely will go to a team that runs it...lewan i think is a fit for both but maybe as a pro more a power scheme ideal fit...

cyrus is a player that i think is not playing at the same level as last year but i think san diego will scoop the highest rated left tackle on the board so very good call there...

as far as i'm concerned olomu is too low...love the falcons pick in will sutton...i think you nailed it but if that guy goes to the senior bowl week and eats everyone they put across from him for lunch like i think he will that may be too low...not sure i'm a fan of all that weight gain...imo ideally he plays at 285and is a wrecking ball on the interior in the geno atkins mold...

anyways good job guru...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Again, I'm not convinced Clinton-Dix is the top safety...and I see him up close. Furthermore, Saban just suspended him indefinitely.

I see a couple of safeties that are at least the caliber of Clinton-Dix. Underrated players that will get their due soon enough.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If he declares; What about DeAnthony Thomas for the phins? He could be used like the Chiefs use McCluster.

Or, there is another Duck... TE Colt Lyerla.
    Itís reassuring to know the world is crazier than you are. - Erik Selvig, Thor: The Dark World

Quote Quote