Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Quarter Season Mock Draft

1. -31
    Clearly overpaid...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer2013 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    I haven't looked at enough of the other positions to make a determination of the full first round....as far as lineman...

I really like Hurst out of UNC....very good lateral movement, strong and has played exceptionally well this season.

I doubt he makes it out of the top 15, but Su'a Filo of UCLA will most likely be the best guard in the draft.

I also really like Martin (ND) and Yankey (Stanford) for their athleticism and versatility....both have played very well and can play any position on the line (more talented versions of Barrett Jones)
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    interesting take...lateral agility and movement is something we will absolutely need for this scheme...i think unc plays miami this thurs night...will set the dvr and key hurst...i like martin and yankey also
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I listed Josue Matias as my top OG prospect prior to the season in my underclassman thread, and he is the best guard in college football in my opinion. The left side of FSU's offensive line is probably the best in the country from what I've seen. Matias and Erving form the best underclassman duo in the country.

Aaron Donald has been a very good player for a long time, and is playing like a man possessed this year. He wrecked plays in the backfield against FSU in the season opener line up against Ruben Carter, who was a sophomore making his first start in place of Tre' Jackson. However, Donald was completely dominated by Matias when lined up across from him. It wasn't even close. The offensive coaching staff for FSU caught on to it.... watch the 5 yard TD run by Jameis Winston.... and pay attention to where they ran it. Watch Matias completely obliterate Aaron Donald.

Matias, Gabe Jackson, Mason Walters, Brandon Linder, Su'a-Filo, Trai Turner, and Spencer Long are playing the best football right now among interior offensive lineman.
    Last edited by TedSlimmJr; 10-15-2013 at 11:16 AM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i want to see how dion bailey looks at safety for usc gainst dame this week...i'd really like to replace chris clemons this offseason...and that guys instincts at lb at least were top notch
    Quote Quote  

5. -35

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Deone Bucannon is the kid Miami needs to be looking at to replace Clemons. Among others, there's plenty that would represent an upgrade.... but Bucannon is a special player.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    only tackle i'd trade up for is matthews...hurst imo is more a 2nd round physical talent...i don't see great foot athlete or move athlete...a little stiffer than i'd prefer...with him and lewan both i may lean more nfl right tackle long term...although hurst strikes me as more a finesse tackle...i don't know i guess i need to take a longer look before i give my take

i'm not sure what we are gonna be able to do at tackle come our pick...might have to take a guy like cyril richardson and play him at left guard and move cog to the right...got 11 more weeks before we settle into imo a pick likely in the 18-22 range...top of this class though if the guys come out is gonna be loaded with qb high picks so that will help us
    I think Matthews goes 2nd or 3rd overall, but yeah it could depend on some of those qb's. I also have Lewan as a right tackle and think that's his best spot. He could probably play LT in the pros and could end up there. I'll have to check out more on Hurst. I see Antonio Richardson at RT as well.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I listed Josue Matias as my top OG prospect prior to the season in my underclassman thread, and he is the best guard in college football in my opinion. The left side of FSU's offensive line is probably the best in the country from what I've seen. Matias and Erving form the best underclassman duo in the country.

Aaron Donald has been a very good player for a long time, and is playing like a man possessed this year. He wrecked plays in the backfield against FSU in the season opener line up against Ruben Carter, who was a sophomore making his first start in place of Tre' Jackson. However, Donald was completely dominated by Matias when lined up across from him. It wasn't even close. The offensive coaching staff for FSU caught on to it.... watch the 5 yard TD run by Jameis Winston.... and pay attention to where they ran it. Watch Matias completely obliterate Aaron Donald.

Matias, Gabe Jackson, Mason Walters, Brandon Linder, Su'a-Filo, Trai Turner, and Spencer Long are playing the best football right now among interior offensive lineman.
    Hey Slimm. I see you didn't list Cyril Richardson. What's your thoughts on him? Also interested in your opinion on James Wilder Jr.
    Last edited by TedSlimmJr; 10-18-2013 at 06:35 AM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    Hey Slimm. I see you didn't list Cyril Richardson. What's your thoughts on him? Also interested in your opinion on James Wilder Jr.

I have Richardson in Tier 1 of my Senior offensive guards along with some of the guys I just mentioned if you check at the top of this forum. However, I don't think he's playing as well as some of these other guys are right now. For example, I just watched him get a terrible block in the back penalty against Kansas St. that an experienced Senior like him just has to know better. He's always had good talent...

Conversely, you look at a guy like Brandon Linder that I've been high on for years, and he held his own at right tackle last night for Miami in place of Seantrel Henderson who was in and out. I've been watching Linder closely for 3 years, and I never come away without being impressed.

Gabe Jackson is just a dominant player, period.

I have Wilder in Tier 2 of my underclassman running backs.

I think he should be a lot better than he is. Off the field, durability, stiffness in his hips are all questionable. Super strong... extremely difficult to tackle despite upright running style... which is rare. Karlos Williams may be the better back going forward after making the switch from safety... which is saying something because James Wilder is still pretty good.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I want LSU/WR Odell Beckham Jr in Miami next year. He's fantastic.
    Quote Quote