Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quarter Season Mock Draft

1. -21
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Lack of ball skills with Purifoy, which is why he's never had an interception. He's stiff in his hips and has trouble breaking down properly in space to make open field tackles. He's a very rigid athlete with little fluidity to him. However, he earns high marks with his explosive physicality, and he's a great special teams player. Questionable demeanor and decision making off the field dings him a little bit in my eyes. He looks like his skillset would be a better fit at safety.

Roberson is the more pure corner and better cover guy despite Purifoy's hype.

Hargreaves is going to exceed both. He's already a terrific young corner. Reminds of Joe Haden early in his Gator career when he was the first true freshman to earn a starting job before the season even began in the history of Florida football. Hargreaves has the ability to be that good. Very similar builds, style, abilities, and mentalities.

Purifoy essentially got his first career INT as I was typing this post. Returned it 42 yards for a TD. Also had a sack, FF, and 3 PBU's.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    Richardson looks like a right tackle guard to me....I don't see a great scheme fit...big dude though...lacks high end balance but he's hard to move...put together well...

Purifoy doesn't tackle consistently enough...
    Tiny Richardson at LT in the NFL would worry me. I'd rather take someone more athletic than Richardson appears to be. Yankey is a scheme fit and can play all 5 positions, while Cyril Richardson may not be the perfect fit for the WCO, he's certainly capable of playing both guard spots as well as RT and could be a huge upgrade over what Miami currently has.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Purifoy does miss a lot of tackles. He also makes me nervous when they put him back there to return punts. They may want to get him more offensive snaps. I really hope we get Roberson back for LSU this Saturday.
    HANG IT UP FOR HARBAUGH!

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here would be my first three picks, based on need and projections right now...lots can change between now and April, so don't hold me to it.

1. Cyrus Kouandijo, OT, Alabama
    2. Aaron Donald, DT, Pitt
    3. Nick O'Leary, TE, Florida State
    Last edited by Roman529; 10-07-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan91 View Post
    Tiny Richardson at LT in the NFL would worry me. I'd rather take someone more athletic than Richardson appears to be. Yankey is a scheme fit and can play all 5 positions, while Cyril Richardson may not be the perfect fit for the WCO, he's certainly capable of playing both guard spots as well as RT and could be a huge upgrade over what Miami currently has.
    yeah cyril would be the guy i'd want also but this teams tackle issues are the major concern going forward...ideally you get a damn tackle with that top pick imo...i'd love to get cyrus of bama but i dont see us ending up in position to do it...he's a true left tackle

has had some issues this year but i really like the talent and athlete...

that said i'd trade multiple high picks to be able to land jake matthews...left and right tackle versatility...perfect scheme fit...just toying with people this year...best ot prospect in the last 2 years draft
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A kid I like a ton is Allen Robinson, the big wideout from Penn State. Nice, big target, but has some shiftiness to him and he looks like a competitive kid. He'd make a nice red zone target.

Jake Matthews in the top 5 to the New York football Giants could happen.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Tatious View Post
    A kid I like a ton is Allen Robinson, the big wideout from Penn State. Nice, big target, but has some shiftiness to him and he looks like a competitive kid. He'd make a nice red zone target.

Jake Matthews in the top 5 to the New York football Giants could happen.
    I love Allen Robinson. I'm actually heading to the Penn State/Michigan game tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see if he matches up against Blake Countess or Raymon Taylor (both of whom are having good to great seasons)
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks, Chambers. I will look for your thoughts on Allen Robinson. I follow the B1G and like the kid alot. He's big, but unlike, say, a Marvin McNutt, he is not a stiff at all.

Great job on the mock, by the way. Very interesting and informative read.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, I agree with your thoughts on Jake Matthews. Terrific player and I'd love to have him in Miami. Likely goes top 5 so it might take quite a bit for the Dolphins to move up assuming they are picking somewhere around 20. What are your thoughts on James Hurst from North Carolina? Also, would you trade up for Taylor Lewan?
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    Yeah, I agree with your thoughts on Jake Matthews. Terrific player and I'd love to have him in Miami. Likely goes top 5 so it might take quite a bit for the Dolphins to move up assuming they are picking somewhere around 20. What are your thoughts on James Hurst from North Carolina? Also, would you trade up for Taylor Lewan?
    only tackle i'd trade up for is matthews...hurst imo is more a 2nd round physical talent...i don't see great foot athlete or move athlete...a little stiffer than i'd prefer...with him and lewan both i may lean more nfl right tackle long term...although hurst strikes me as more a finesse tackle...i don't know i guess i need to take a longer look before i give my take

i'm not sure what we are gonna be able to do at tackle come our pick...might have to take a guy like cyril richardson and play him at left guard and move cog to the right...got 11 more weeks before we settle into imo a pick likely in the 18-22 range...top of this class though if the guys come out is gonna be loaded with qb high picks so that will help us
    Quote Quote