Are you gonna drink that?
Shoulda' told him to rub some dirt on it, and walk it off.
Seriously though, sucks for your cousin. However, injuries are unfortunately a part of sports. **** happens.
Over the years, I've:
- torn every ligament in both ankles. (left one twice)
- developed Osgood-Schlatter's
- suffered two concussions.
- broken two fingers on my left hand.
- endured more sprains than Cromartie has received paternity suits.
- MULTIPLE lacerations, contusions, etc ... (cuts & scrapes of varying levels of severity)
You can't protect kids from everything. When you try, you just end up making them sissies. IDK, maybe I'm just part of the old school "warrior culture" ... but, that's how I see it.
I wouldn't trade my experiences in team/individual sports as a kid for anything. Bottom line - the positive aspects of becoming involved in sports FAR outweigh the negatives.
1) Win the next game.
2) See goal #1
"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."