Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace's Career WITH and WITHOUT Ben Roethlisberger

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shouright View Post
    Right, but then shouldn't you wait until you have that kind of QB before you dole out the money to him? If he needs that kind of QB to function that way, rather than his making the QB function a certain way, then why strap yourself to that kind of cap commitment before you're sure you have that kind of QB?

In other words, if you never field that kind of QB during Wallace's tenure with the team (for whatever reason), then for all intents and purposes you've strapped yourself cap-wise to a Ted Ginn.
    The plan is to have Tannehill develop into a franchise QB, and surround him with the tools that would allow him to shine.

Like a young Marino working with Duper & Clayton. And it's not like Duper & Clayton were Megatrons who would shine no matter who was QB.

It would be tough to develop Tannehill if he was surrounded by a bunch of bums. And while we would all have preferred to have signed a Megatron WR, there were no Megatrons available.

(Note: I'm sort of playing devil's advocate. In the offseason, I actually advocated for Greg Jennings, since he would be a better fit).
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Right, but then shouldn't you wait until you have that kind of QB before you dole out the money to him? If he needs that kind of QB to function that way, rather than his making the QB function a certain way, then why strap yourself to that kind of cap commitment before you're sure you have that kind of QB?

In other words, if you never field that kind of QB during Wallace's tenure with the team (for whatever reason), then for all intents and purposes you've strapped yourself cap-wise to a Ted Ginn.

I think Miami does, problem is, that QB does not have the type of time Roethlisberger had in Pittsburgh. If you don't take a chance on getting better quality talent. you will never have better quality talent.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    ***** in the House!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Philadelphia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    waste of money. he drops the ball and doesn't look like he even cares. he screwed us sideways yesterday.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    He is consistently taking safeties out of the box. It's not Wallace's fault that the o-line can't do their job. It's simple man on man football and as of right now this oline can't win their individual matchups on even a remotely consistent basis which causes no run game and constant pressure on the QB.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Your stats, which you try to portray them as, as so ****ty and one sided it's ridiculous.

Right off the bat you say you can't count Wallace's and Rapistberger's first season because it was developmental yet you are going to count Tannehill's and Wallace's first season together as if they have been playing together for years. Should they not be given the same developmental privilege? Oh, that's right it doesn't fit your myopic view that the O's problem is 100% Tannehill's problem so we'll just include those numbers.

Second, you are trying to correlate something Wallace did with Rapistberger, that he didn't do with washed up veterans such Charlie ****ing Batch and Byron ****ing Leftwich. Hard to see how the difference in the talent level at the QB position would affect those stats. Call it a sound hypothesis, but I'd bet you dollars to donuts that the offense has a whole consistently performed worse when those two were QB's. Then you try to correlate it again with Tannehill and Wallace who have been on the five for 5 ****ing games that have actually counted.

Get a ****ing clue, start watching the games with your MIND OPEN to watch what is actually happening, and stop wasting our time with BS stat threads meant to further your agenda.
    Feel better?
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Dude, stop it.

You talk about leading the site from the top down then you come in and try to compare Wallace to Ginn!!! You want to stir the pot, good for you but stop bitching about getting it thrown in your face. Comparing Wallace to Ted Ginn Jr is like comparing Phil Simms to Chris Simms.
    I have no problem with getting data, ideas, or thoughts thrown back in my face. Personal attacks, however, such as this one, are not appropriate.

And if you truly want "civility," this is something you probably ought to do in a PM, don't you think, rather than setting an example of exactly what it is you don't want?
    Last edited by Shouright; 10-07-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tay0365 View Post
    I think Miami does, problem is, that QB does not have the type of time Roethlisberger had in Pittsburgh. If you don't take a chance on getting better quality talent. you will never have better quality talent.
    Part of the theory here is that Roethlisberger had a unique talent to shake off pass rushers, escape the pocket, and extend plays. In other words, Roethlisberger created his own time.

If we've signed a receiver who needs those unique talents to play to his potential, then we may have made a mistake by signing him when we have no inkling at all that we have a QB who's ever going to play that way.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Mike Wallace's Career WITH and WITHOUT Ben Roethlisberger

I have no problem with getting data thrown back in my face. Personal attacks, however, such as this one, are not appropriate.

And if you truly want "civility," this is something you probably ought to do in a PM, don't you think, rather than setting an example of exactly what it is you don't want?
    Didn't seem like a personal attack. He just said to stop and quit bitching.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Feel better?
    Nice reply to when someone calls you out on one your bull**** theories. Not responding is what people do best when their hypothesis/conclusion don't have a leg to stand on. Which your's obviously doesn't.

Also, next time read an article before you try to post it as a fact or theory supporting your own. The thread you posted from CK's great work actually states with amazing conviction that Tannehill is the once hiding the offensive line short comings and not the other way around. Reading comprehension 101 I guess isn't your strong suit.
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by normaldude View Post
    The plan is to have Tannehill develop into a franchise QB, and surround him with the tools that would allow him to shine.

Like a young Marino working with Duper & Clayton. And it's not like Duper & Clayton were Megatrons who would shine no matter who was QB.

It would be tough to develop Tannehill if he was surrounded by a bunch of bums. And while we would all have preferred to have signed a Megatron WR, there were no Megatrons available.

(Note: I'm sort of playing devil's advocate. In the offseason, I actually advocated for Greg Jennings, since he would be a better fit).
    But if Wallace needs a certain kind of QB to play to his potential, how is he going to help Tannehill develop if Tannehill isn't playing like that kind of QB? For all intents and purposes, that's like saying "we signed Ted Ginn to help Tannehill develop." If the guy can't play any better than Ted Ginn unless he has a certain kind or quality of QB, then we've essentially signed Ted Ginn, thinking that kind of player can help Tannehill develop. And for $60 million.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Part of the theory here is that Roethlisberger had a unique talent to shake off pass rushers, escape the pocket, and extend plays. In other words, Roethlisberger created his own time.

If we've signed a receiver who needs those unique talents to play to his potential, then we may have made a mistake by signing him when we have no inkling at all that we have a QB who's ever going to play that way.
    The problem with these two sentences is that we have seen when Tannehill does have adequate time in the pocket he is able to find Wallace. So that in itself kind of shoots your theory to **** as well. It is the times when the o-line doesn't do their job and hold a block for more than 2 seconds, when Tannehill has problems.
    Quote Quote