Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace's Career WITH and WITHOUT Ben Roethlisberger

1. -31
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shouright View Post
    I have no problem with getting data, ideas, or thoughts thrown back in my face. Personal attacks, however, such as this one, are not appropriate.

And if you truly want "civility," this is something you probably ought to do in a PM, don't you think, rather than setting an example of exactly what it is you don't want?
    I didn't "attack" you at all.

I simply pointed out how foolish it was to compare Wallace to Ginn. There was no attack at all so the negative rep you gave me is fine but remember we can play the rep game all day long if you want to be that childish. If you'd like however we could just "PM" abou it.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

2. -32
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    I didn't "attack" you at all.

I simply pointed out how foolish it was to compare Wallace to Ginn. There was no attack at all so the negative rep you gave me is fine but remember we can play the rep game all day long if you want to be that childish. If you'd like however we could just "PM" about it.
    You did more than that:

Quote Originally Posted by NY8123
    You want to stir the pot, good for you but stop bitching...
    This is a comment about me, and hence a personal attack. The comment has nothing to do with the Miami Dolphins, and it's out of line because you really have no earthly idea what my intentions are.

On top of that, like I said, it sets an example for conflict, rather than the "civility" you said you wanted more of at some point.

Now, we can keep doing this publicly, or we can do it in a PM and talk about the Miami Dolphins publicly. Personally I'm much more for the latter, since that's what we're here for, rather than talking about the personal motivations or behavior of a guy who calls himself "shouright" on a message board.

However, if you're going to attack me publicly, I'm going to defend myself publicly. You choose.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You did more than that:

This is a comment about me, and hence a personal attack. The comment has nothing to do with the Miami Dolphins, and it's out of line because you really have no earthly idea what my intentions are.

On top of that, like I said, it sets an example for conflict, rather than the "civility" you said you wanted more of at some point.

Now, we can keep doing this publicly, or we can do it in a PM and talk about the Miami Dolphins publicly. Personally I'm much more for the latter, since that's what we're here for, rather than talking about the personal motivations or behavior of a guy who calls himself "shouright" on a message board.

However, if you're going to attack me publicly, I'm going to defend myself publicly. You choose.
    Why don't you let the mods decide what is a personal attack? If you are going to compare Wallace and Ginn, you should be ready for a barrage of comments against this notion as anyone with any inkling of football knowledge and the ability to recognize talent can tell they are no where the same.
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    Why don't you let the mods decide what is a personal attack? If you are going to compare Wallace and Ginn, you should be ready for a barrage of comments against this notion as anyone with any inkling of football knowledge and the ability to recognize talent can tell they are no where the same.
    dont you know Wallace and Ginn had the same amount of receptions through their first 14 games as receivers?
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    dont you know Wallace and Ginn had the same amount of receptions through their first 14 games as receivers?
    Ya, but Ginn had more punt/kick return yards so his WPA was higher.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You did more than that:

No....there was no attack, it was simply pointing out the other fact that you were bitching about anyone who didn't like the comparison. If I had called you specifically a "bitch" that is an attack but I never said that and wouldn't since I don't know you personally, saying you were bitching about the replies is attacking your prior post and not the poster

But if it makes you feel better I did "pink" myself over the incident.

You would think anyone could see this but sigh..........
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice reply to when someone calls you out on one your bull**** theories. Not responding is what people do best when their hypothesis/conclusion don't have a leg to stand on. Which your's obviously doesn't.

Also, next time read an article before you try to post it as a fact or theory supporting your own. The thread you posted from CK's great work actually states with amazing conviction that Tannehill is the once hiding the offensive line short comings and not the other way around. Reading comprehension 101 I guess isn't your strong suit.
    This so much. The stats in the post are do bad and the theories even worse. This is a ridiculous post lol. I'm glad you called out the bs logic mnphin. Like you pointed out, when Tannehill does have time he can find him. Whether he catches it or not isn't on the qb usually. And shouright, you act like Big Ben is creating some kind of magic time by his tactics, but if our OL could block why does it matter where the time is coming from??

Quote Quote  

8. -38
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    No....there was no attack, it was simply pointing out the other fact that you were bitching about anyone who didn't like the comparison. If I had called you specifically a "bitch" that is an attack but I never said that and wouldn't since I don't know you personally, saying you were bitching about the replies is attacking your prior post and not the poster
    You also said I "want to stir the pot."

A good rule of thumb IMO is to focus on what you're saying after you write the word "you" in a post. If what comes after the word "you" is something about the person and not something about what the person wrote specifically, then it's a personal attack IMO.

There's no reason why anybody here should be remarking about the internal motivations of anybody else, or the reasons they perceive for someone else's behavior. That hardly involves anything about the Miami Dolphins, which is what we're here to discuss. We're not here to discuss how we conduct ourselves, our inner motivations, etc. All of that is off-topic.

And again, you were the one who wanted "civility" some time ago. I suspect that if you and your fellow staff members set this kind of example and removed posts that aren't consistent with it, you'd get a whole lot more of what you want, as well as a whole lot less work for you in moderating the board.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No he hasnt. He actually was one of the more consistent WR in the league as it relates to catching the ball. The most drops he has had in a season was 6 last year and 4 of them were in one game. Not sure what the problem is this year though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawledge View Post
    Has he always had a problem with drops? Right now Brian Hartline looks better than Wallace.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    compare Wallace's drops to Marshall's then add Ginn, the question is Marshall and Ginn better than just Wallace.
    Quote Quote