Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace's Career WITH and WITHOUT Ben Roethlisberger

1. -41
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shouright View Post
    You also said I "want to stir the pot."

A good rule of thumb IMO is to focus on what you're saying after you write the word "you" in a post. If what comes after the word "you" is something about the person and not something about what the person wrote specifically, then it's a personal attack IMO.

There's no reason why anybody here should be remarking about the internal motivations of anybody else, or the reasons they perceive for someone else's behavior. That hardly involves anything about the Miami Dolphins, which is what we're here to discuss. We're not here to discuss how we conduct ourselves, our inner motivations, etc. All of that is off-topic.

And again, you were the one who wanted "civility" some time ago. I suspect that if you and your fellow staff members set this kind of example and removed posts that aren't consistent with it, you'd get a whole lot more of what you want, as well as a whole lot less work for you in moderating the board.

A good rule of thumb is to not compare Mike Wallace to Ted Ginn Jr and then cry foul. One has over 30 TD's in is career along with 4,300 receiving yards in just over 4 years in the NFL and the other has 8 TD's and 2200 receiving yard in a little over 7 years in the NFL.

Comparing the two and linking them just reduces any credibility in the thread and/or subsequent posts. No one is here questioning internal motives but while you are questioning the motives of myself isn't that a direct contradiction to what you typed above and "off topic"? See the use of the word "you" is perfectly acceptable and within the TOS as long as it doesn't include a personal attack, which it didn't in this case.

Define my post as you wish but the fact of the matter is, it wasn't a shot at you directly but at the original post. You then subsequently followed it up with a negative rep to me which is a private thing but you know this and when I brought it up publicly you brought back my "lack of civility" as an effort to discredit my post as an "attack", when the actual nature of my post was no more uncivil than a Mahatma Gandhi protest.

We can wittily banter back and forth and argue semantics all day long but it doesn't do anything to further the ludicrous clam that you made about Wallace and Ginn Jr. which was my exact point to begin with.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Marino HOF 2005

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rockville, Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This has been a very interesting thread with lots of stats and opinions flung about. I'd like to add a few more. Elite WRs catch balls that are anywhere in their vicinity and try to catch balls that may not be dropped in their hands . Elite WRs don't let catchable balls bounce off their numbers and off their hands. Elite WRs know where they're supposed to be. Elite WRs know that not every throw is going to be laid in their hands so they adjust. Elite WRs know they don't always have Marino throwing the ball so they need to work a little extra hard to make the catch.

From what I've seen so far this season, I'd say that Wallace was a wasted acquisition. Granted, there hasn't been much to see of him and there's nothing that has conveyed confidence in his ability in what little we have seen.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    A good rule of thumb is to not compare Mike Wallace to Ted Ginn Jr and then cry foul.
    Once again, I'm "crying foul," as you put it, in response to a personal attack (your statement that I "want to stir the pot"), not in response to anything that's been posted in critique of the original subject matter regarding Mike Wallace. I've "cried foul" about nothing anyone has posted in response to the original content.

Are you saying personal attacks are condoned as a function of the subject matter? In other words, if someone posts something the staff perceives as objectionable, the ToS suddenly change without prior notice, and the person becomes subject to a personal attack against which he has no defense by the staff, because the staff has deemed the person "deserving" of the attack by virtue of their perception of the content the person posted about the team?

In other words, "post something 'dumb' [as we've subjectively defined it], and you're on your own"? Is that the way the forum is run?
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Once again, I'm "crying foul," as you put it, in response to a personal attack (your statement that I "want to stir the pot"), not in response to anything that's been posted in critique of the original subject matter regarding Mike Wallace. I've "cried foul" about nothing anyone has posted in response to the original content.

Are you saying personal attacks are condoned as a function of the subject matter? In other words, if someone posts something the staff perceives as objectionable, the ToS suddenly change without prior notice, and the person becomes subject to a personal attack against which he has no defense by the staff, because the staff has deemed the person "deserving" of the attack by virtue of their perception of the content the person posted about the team?

In other words, "post something 'dumb' [as we've subjectively defined it], and you're on your own"? Is that the way the forum is run?

This is a personal attack you dumb****ing nut bag, why don't you go fist **** yourself with your WPA sideways and twice on Tuesdays. See now that is a making it personal.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is a personal attack you dumb****ing nut bag, why don't you go fist **** yourself with your WPA sideways and twice on Tuesdays. See now that is a making it personal.
    Thanks for making my point.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks for making my point.
    Oh it was just meant as an example moving forward for your reference. Nothing personal besides in this part of the site the TOS doesn't apply so I guess the staff changed the rules again right? lol.

Go ahead call us all cocksuckers if you'd like.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Player-Hater Hater!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Cocksuckers FTW!
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is the worst depths thread ever. Where's the punches? The low blows?

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Since this thread is in Depths, I can call out Silver now.

Dear Silverfin,

You're a poopie head.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh it was just meant as an example moving forward for your reference. Nothing personal besides in this part of the site the TOS doesn't apply so I guess the staff changed the rules again right? lol.

Go ahead call us all cocksuckers if you'd like.
    No thanks. I'll stay on my level.
    Quote Quote