Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Support for Ireland completely gone, right?

1. -21
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Support for Ireland completely gone, right?

I have his back. He had a very good offseason. Dion Jordan is a great pick. Taking a chance on Grimes was a good decision. Ellerbe and Wheeler are better for the next four year period. He picked Tannehill last year when everyone thought he was crazy to pick him that high.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Dolfan from São Paulo - Brazil

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    São Paulo - Brazil
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    Once again, will the asst. coaches get any blame for not developing the players that are brought in??!!

How about drafting players that don't require developing?

The guy keep spending on free agents to fill holes made by him. How much more money and cap space are we going to spend on our OL?

Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    Well at this rate, Tannehill will be on IR within the next month so I wouldn't be resigning any leases if I were him.
    ^That's what I fear the most
    Hoping for the best but expecting the worst...

"We are going to out-tough you. Here comes a bunch of Guards. We are going to push our way to the Super Bowl, 3 yards at a time." Le Batard

"The Dolphins are bringing Guards to a Wide Receivers party" Stugotz

"I know one thing about these guys, they're not going to stop quitting." Chad Henne

twitter @marcio_oli
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Odessa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Patriots Homer
Gift received at 08-12-2014, 07:53 PM from flynryan15
    Worthless thread.

Again.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    No More Excuses

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    Ireland shopped for BP and TS's outdated types and I hated him for it. Since Philbin got here, he's shopped for Philbin types, and even though he's missed on a few, he's also upgraded several positions.

He has shown the ability to adjust and the willingness to pull the trigger.

He's in year 2 with this new staff. A staff that I believe to be head and shoulders above the previous group of morons. I think a real assessment of his talent should come next year, after year 3.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    A 4-1 record won't change the fact that this team has poor depth all over the place, no drafted dynamic playmakers and an absolute pitiful offensive line, and if the Dolphins do make the playoffs with this group I'd say that reflects more on Joe Philbin and the coaching staff over anything that Jeff Ireland has contributed.

The guy has been solid in round 1 for the most part, but he falls apart in the butter rounds of the draft (rounds 2-4)
    A 4-1 records would change a lot of things.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    São Paulo - Brazil
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinHopeful View Post
    I have his back. He had a very good offseason. Dion Jordan is a great pick. Taking a chance on Grimes was a good decision. Ellerbe and Wheeler are better for the next four year period. He picked Tannehill last year when everyone thought he was crazy to pick him that high.
    You mentioned 4 players, 1 draft pick and 1 hit in grimes and 2 overpaid 2013 version of the Dansby/Burnett signings...
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Einhorn is Finkle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalHydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by FinsBR View Post
    How about drafting players that don't require developing?

The guy keep spending on free agents to fill holes made by him. How much more money and cap space are we going to spend on our OL?
    Holes were made due to a changing of the coach and scheme....The team moved from a power running team to a ZBS/WCO team and of defense the moved from a man 3-4 to a zone 4-3.

The more you know....
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by FinHopeful View Post
    Dion Jordan - Loved the pick, it showed Jeff Ireland had a sack, rather than playing the old "value" game, in which he sucks at getting anything out of the value.

Grimes - Was a good decision, can't deny that, however you have him on a one year "prove it" deal. Grimes went to the place where he would be a legit starter.

Ellerbe and Wheeler - I'm sorry, I was against both guys from the beginning, especially Wheeler. The fact that they are both on 5 year deals does me no good if they underachieve early on in those contracts from the production we would of gotten from Dansby and Burnett, both whom are better players IMO (Ellerbe was having his best game before the injury yesterday).

Tannehill - Who thought he was crazy for taking Tannehll? We needed a QB and the assumption was would Jeff Ireland take a QB when he was in a "win now" type of mode. The fans wanted a QB.

I mean people are arguing injuries, but that goes hand in hand with the lack of depth on this team, and when you miss on the amount of talent we've missed on in rounds 2-4, you have to point the finger at the GM. That is the core of your team.

People had a fun time kicking Jake Long out the door and point out his mishaps in St. Louis, and I'm not gonna lie, I didn't want him here for the money either . . . but one thing is for certain . . . the oline never looked this bad with Jake Long, even with his one shoulder and bad knee.

Dallas Thomas, a 2013 3rd round pick, can't sniff the field at guard or tackle when it's clear that we need help at both spots.
    Will Davis & Jamar Taylor, 2nd and 3rd round picks from 2013, these guys have been hurt and its early obviously, but they sent Carroll back out with bad ribs over a healthy Taylor. Not good.
    Jelani Jenkins, 2013, 4th round pick, again early and I like the speed he has for coverage, but he was lost in preseason and this LB core is weak. Trusnik, Freeney and Spitler all getting burn over him.
    Jonathan Martin, 2nd round pick, slowly proving he may be nothing for than a depth guy in the NFL.
    Michael Egnew, 3rd round pick, still not making plays at a position that is wide open for him to make them.
    Lamar Miller & Daniel Thomas, running backs drafted in the 2nd and first pick of the 4th round . . . below average guys
    Clyde Gates, 4th round pick, here one year and gone the next.

The only guy I've seen do work the past 3 drafts in the butter rounds is Olivier Vernon, 3rd round pick 2012, and yet people look at his sack numbers and think he's has been awful. Dude is a lunchpail run blocker who's starting to get a little pressure on the QB. If Ireland was expecting a big time pass rusher, he misevaluated this one as well.

These are the butter rounds, and sure its still early for several of those guys on the list, including Egnew, but I'm just showing you where there is very minimal impact amongst this group and in today's NFL you need guys from these rounds to be making much bigger impacts to have success. We just haven't seen it.
    Last edited by Kdawg954; 10-07-2013 at 10:37 AM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The offensive line situation in 2013 so far has been disastrous and I'm not sure there was much Ireland could do after the draft, because, the pickings were slim in terms of F/A OT's. You can't do everything all at once. The coaching staff is responsible for Martin and Clabo, they thought they were going to be better then they have been. Miami spent money in F/A to get better weapons around Tannehill and for the most part it's worked. Unfortunately Keller went down with an injury and didn't get the chance to showcase his abilities in the WCO. Fan's need to be reminded that buying a team in F/A has never worked and should feel lucky Miami is getting production out of most of their F/A signings. The gamble the team took on the OT position seems to have backfired and doesn't look to be fixable in season. A solution that may help a little, would be to bench Clabo for Garner at RT. Unfortunately the team is going to have to ride out this storm in 2013 with an eye towards next season, to find the answers at LT and RT.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    São Paulo - Brazil
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ConvenientTruth View Post
    Holes were made due to a changing of the coach and scheme....The team moved from a power running team to a ZBS/WCO team and of defense the moved from a man 3-4 to a zone 4-3.

The more you know....
    So, you thing Jerry and Clabo fit that scheme?

Burnett and Dansby were 4-3 guys, the fact that we used them on a 3-4 scheme shows how incompetent Ireland/Sparano were...
    Quote Quote