Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Support for Ireland completely gone, right?

1. -41
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami,Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    The players that he drafted for Joe Philbin in round 2-4 are contributing. 3 of them started yesterday. One of them caught a game winning TD against Atlanta. 2 others have been injured - give them a chance. Its pretty comical that you guys fire up these threads after every loss like you could do better...its really not worth debating until we see how this season turns out.
    You should be Ireland pr guy. Defending him to the end...
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    The players that he drafted for Joe Philbin in round 2-4 are contributing. 3 of them started yesterday. One of them caught a game winning TD against Atlanta. 2 others have been injured - give them a chance. Its pretty comical that you guys fire up these threads after every loss like you could do better...its really not worth debating until we see how this season turns out.
    You're right, and I only used the the draft picks from this season to strengthen my argument on lack of depth, but it's way too early to be giving up on them and I don't mean to give the impression that I am. I just get frustrated that we draft a guy in the 3rd round to play offensive line and he can't contribute right now on an oline that I believe is unquestionably the worst offensive line in the NFL. Nolan Carrol hasn't been great but he's been battling, the man goes down with a rib injury, and we are rushing him back in like we don't have a 2nd and 3rd round pick from this draft that can't come in and play. It's not supposed to be like this . . . and coaches need to let these guys sink or swim . . . but by not letting them play it's easy to come up with the conclusion that they aren't very good.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by goonies View Post
    You should be Ireland pr guy. Defending him to the end...
    Actually I'm just trying to prevent you from looking foolish by saying you should wait to pass judgement.
    Last edited by Zounds; 10-07-2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: sepllin
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Dolfan from São Paulo - Brazil

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    São Paulo - Brazil
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Do you know how many 1st team pro bowlers Ireland drafted? One. Jake Long. That's it.

That's not scheme, that's not luck, that's not coaching, that's talent evaluation pure and simple.
    Hoping for the best but expecting the worst...

"We are going to out-tough you. Here comes a bunch of Guards. We are going to push our way to the Super Bowl, 3 yards at a time." Le Batard

"The Dolphins are bringing Guards to a Wide Receivers party" Stugotz

"I know one thing about these guys, they're not going to stop quitting." Chad Henne

twitter @marcio_oli
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Overdrafted....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalHydra logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    You're right, and I only used the the draft picks from this season to strengthen my argument on lack of depth, but it's way too early to be giving up on them and I don't mean to give the impression that I am. I just get frustrated that we draft a guy in the 3rd round to play offensive line and he can't contribute right now on an oline that I believe is unquestionably the worst offensive line in the NFL. Nolan Carrol hasn't been great but he's been battling, the man goes down with a rib injury, and we are rushing him back in like we don't have a 2nd and 3rd round pick from this draft that can't come in and play. It's not supposed to be like this . . . and coaches need to let these guys sink or swim . . . but by not letting them play it's easy to come up with the conclusion that they aren't very good.
    Both guys missed a lot of camp due to medical reasons....

As far as depth....the Phins are already down a starter at CB (Patterson) and Carroll is the fill in (and has done a solid job)...of far do you expect the depth to be good after the first replacement?

I won't debate the offensive line depth or starters.....awful....major failure this offseason especially when guys like Louis Vasquez, Andy Levitre, Gosder Cherilus, Bushrod...its sad that none of these player were aquired...
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtiv View Post
    No one has his back on here anymore?

Sadly, our a-hole owner still does and just gave him a bunch more money.

It's hard to imagine the Miami Dolphins being relevant with this guy at the helm.

Ownership needs a brain enema.
    Oh no, not this again.
    My personal Draft:

1st Round: C. J Mosley(ILB)

2nd Round: Joel Bitonio(T)

3rd Round: C. J. Fiedorowicz(TE)

4th Round: Dakota Dozier (T/G)

5th Round: Daniel McCullers(DT)

6th Round: Marqueston Huff(S/CB)

7th Round: Jay Prosch(FB)
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The positional coaches are a joke on offense... Except for Sherman, most were rookie coaches coming in with Philbin & Sherman.... On the Dolphin website they say our T.E. coach has 13 years of experience, but that's including his playing days,
    he's only been coaching for 2 years.... On D, there's a lot more experience and you can see the difference... Ireland in my opinion has to go
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How is it we lose both Jake Long & Devon Bess, and Ireland doesn't replace really replace either? Yes, we got Gibson and Wallace in free agency but Wallace was a given, and we needed more depth at receiver anyway.... Long leaves via free agency (i'm ok with it) but why doesn't Ireland replace him through free agency, or the draft? You can add Bush to the list as well, I like Miller but he barely carried the ball last year, there had to be a reason? Daniel Thomas is a bust, why do they continue to give him the carries? Why not let Miller to get some momentum?
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

Get Yo Money Up

LOL @someone in Bum**** Iowa who probably has seen 1 game live in 5 years if that, likely buys Chinese jersey rip-offs, etc, calling the guy who actually put his money where his mouth is, and continues to do so an "******* owner."

If you really wanna talk *******s, then one can safely declare that in comparison to some of our "fans" especially of the "remote" persuasion, Ross's sphincter is relatively miniscule.

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    Once again, will the asst. coaches get any blame for not developing the players that are brought in??!!
    Must be extremely inconvenient for Ireland to get all these outstanding players who just happen to have their careers ruined by inadequate coaching, despite the fact we've changed coaches on the offensive side of the ball a few times now. And i mean really ruined, seeing as how pretty much no one has had success with other teams after Ireland acquired(and later cut) them. What a strange and tragic coincidence. Damn you coaching staff(s)!
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote