Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jets-Falcons game thread

1. -41
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    ESPN sure had Rex-Cam on pure display last night. Buddy Ryan must've founded ESPN or something since his sons get more screen time than the normal coaches. Anyway the AFC East looks to be an interesting division this year.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    Going into the 2013 season Mike Smith was the only ACTIVE coach that had a better winning percentage than Don Shula.
    With the 3 game losing streak he is now sitting behind the Don Shula like all the rest of the the active coaches.

#1 Don Shula (.678)
    #2T John Harbaugh (.671)
    #2T Mike Smith (.671)
    #4 Sean Payton (.663)
    #5 Mike McCarthty (.655)
    #6 Bill Belichick (.652)
    #7 Mike Tomlin (.630)
    #8 Andy Reid (.592)
    #9 Mike Shanahan (.568)
    #10 John Fox (.547)
    Kind of pointless considering Smith and Harbaugh haven't been coaches for nearly as long as Shula was.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Atlanta threw this game away too, just like they did vs. Miami, wow I can't imagine that S Jackson means that much to this team, Gonzalez is M Ryan's security blanket, take him away and an aging Jackson. And well even with their injuries they are still behind N. Orleans in a big way.

Geno wass flawless, still I can't be too sold on Jests yet, like the Dolphins they hit ATL in the perfect storm, in fact, the Phins kinda softened ATL up and so did the Pats. I think that ATL was looking past this game to their next opponent. Based on the Jests the week before.

As much as the new NFL is about Offense, the NFL is still about TOs and where they are committed...
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    ESPN sure had Rex-Cam on pure display last night. Buddy Ryan must've founded ESPN or something since his sons get more screen time than the normal coaches. Anyway the AFC East looks to be an interesting division this year.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Kind of pointless considering Smith and Harbaugh haven't been coaches for nearly as long as Shula was.
    Actually kind of amazing that Shula did it for so long and is on top of every current coach. Their short term success can never compare to Shula's long term consistency.
    That was the point I was trying to make. That is all.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    Atlanta threw this game away too, just like they did vs. Miami, wow I can't imagine that S Jackson means that much to this team, Gonzalez is M Ryan's security blanket, take him away and an aging Jackson. And well even with their injuries they are still behind N. Orleans in a big way.

Geno wass flawless, still I can't be too sold on Jests yet, like the Dolphins they hit ATL in the perfect storm, in fact, the Phins kinda softened ATL up and so did the Pats. I think that ATL was looking past this game to their next opponent. Based on the Jests the week before.

As much as the new NFL is about Offense, the NFL is still about TOs and where they are committed...
    How did Atlanta throw the game away?
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think there is a big silver lining in the Jet's win. Ok the Jets are a little better than I would admit but by getting off to a 3-2 start they will believe they have their franchise QB. I would rather face Geno the next five years than Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel or Marcus Mariota.
    1. OG: Zack Martin, Notre Dame
    2. ILB: Chris Borland, Wisconsin
    3. TE: C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa
    4. DT: Daniel McCullers, Tenn
    5. FS: Kenny Ladler, Vanderbilt
    6. QB: Connor Shaw, South Carolina
    7. RB: Isaiah Crowell, RB, Alabama State
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    Actually kind of amazing that Shula did it for so long and is on top of every current coach. Their short term success can never compare to Shula's long term consistency.
    That was the point I was trying to make. That is all.
    Agreed
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Geno Smith looked really good. He's continuing to progress. Our phenomenal D-Line continued to dominate. I couldn't believe Mike Smith decided to call a run up the middle on the last play of the first half. That was just asking for trouble.

Great win that keeps us right in the hunt in the AFC East. Didn't expect a win, but did expect a close game mainly because of our defense. The offense was a nice surprise last night. Hopefully Geno continues to improve. The talent is definitely there.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    I think there is a big silver lining in the Jet's win. Ok the Jets are a little better than I would admit but by getting off to a 3-2 start they will believe they have their franchise QB. I would rather face Geno the next five years than Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel or Marcus Mariota.
    not one of those guys is a sure thing(especially the 2 after teddy), geno could be better than all of them.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That was funny, a 1-3 team as double digit favorite. Anyone who backed the Falcons got what they deserved. I've mentioned that betting angle countless times, to go against a home favorite with a .500 record or worse after a minimum of 4 games, if the line is -6 or higher. You get stuck with weak teams but the bonus is that the favorite is generally a fraud. Very often it's situations like this, relatively early in the season and the home favorite is still living off a reputation from the previous season or handful of seasons. But once they have established themselves as a mediocre team after a full month, the won/loss record is a bettor indicator than subjectivity.

And BTW, you've got to love the New York Jets. That ending was priceless, my third favorite team defeating the biggest creeps in the league. I knew I was going to cover the spread but it would have felt empty unless Atlanta went down again. I'm still laughing at all the Falcon fans who assumed that last's year's failure was no big deal, that they were on the brink of a Super Bowl win. Meanwhile, their key stats have always been in the reject area. No team has won more games they deserved to lose in the past few seasons than the Falcons. It's finally rounding down to where it belongs.

The Jets look like an NFL team. As I posted several weeks ago...shocking development. They have many impressive players. The premier quarterbacks in this league can pick off one team after another. When you have a second or third tier guy, nothing is guaranteed.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    How can you say that when none of those guys have ever played above the collegiate level? Rex hasn't even named Geno the starter for the rest of the season yet. If Geno's overall body of work at the end of this year is poor the Jets will probably draft a QB anyway.
    Quote Quote