Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Geno better than Ryan..........

1. -101
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    You are pleased with where he is at? Yeah. I bet you are.

I bet you are secretly pleased that he is ****ing awful and makes Mark buttfumble look a lot better by comparison.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    You are pleased with where he is at? Yeah. I bet you are.

I bet you are secretly pleased that he is ****ing awful and makes Mark buttfumble look a lot better by comparison.
    I want to win, I don't care who is under C. I appreciate what mark did and I know we could win big w/ him but he's gone. Geno has shown flashes and has helped us get in the race when most thought we'd win 3 games all year. He is doing a better job protecting the ball when being hit, if he can read the Ds a little better and cut down on INTs we'll be in good shape to stay in the playoff hunt.

I think guys like Eli Manning are making Mark look much better, Eli has Cruz, Nicks and Randle to throw to and has been WORSE than Mark was in his only bad year of 2012. I don't need to root against my currect QB to make Mark look better. All I want to do is win.
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    He wasn't running the red option all game, he did a few times. if he wasn't reading coverages he sure picked apart Atlanta and was much better against them on the road where Atl was desperate than Ryan did at home.

He was outstanding in Atlanta, he took one bad sack- Ryan has been taking bad sacks all year. I think Ryan has potential(and I am NOT saying geno will be better) but you act like he's Tom Brady and has no flaws. Ryan has never had a game like geno had in Atlanta, to say he has is comical. he doesn't even have a 3 TD game and Geno did this PLUS led a last minute GW drive on the road giving his K a near chip shot FG for the win at the gun.

I don't know what Geno will become, he is a long way off from being a finished product but he was outstanding in Atlanta and you can't take that away from him. As bad as he was in ten he was that good in Atl.
    what he throw for in that game 200 yards??? he was solid that day but other than two backside sacks late by a washed up osi and folks osi as a win pass rusher minus schematics is washed up he had a clean pocket all game long...the read op gives you in breaking routes with one on one looks all over the place...you surprised atlanta with it and your oc had a very good schematic gameplan...

as for tannehill not ever playing better tanny showed more in that zona game last year against blitz pressure and heavy pressure at that than smith ever has...and tanny also was one of the league leaders in under pressure efficiency as a rookie...

not to mention he's top level as a 3rd down conversion qb in 2013 with zero running game and a gaping wound oline...top level red zone td efficiency without many win red zone options and lacking a wr that he can even throw a fade to when he gets down there

this year tannehills played 4 at worst very solid games...been a victim of poor oline play and dropped balls...lead gameclinching td drives vs cleveland and gamewinning td drives against indy and the falcons...

yes the pocket management needs to get better mainly climbing the pocket but if he had as clean looks as geno did vs atl tannehill would have shredded em...
    Last edited by hooshoops; 10-15-2013 at 12:51 PM.
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Geno Smith is not close to Ryan Tannehill. His accuracy is worse than buttfumble'. A more equal comparison at this point is Smith and Manual.
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

Interesting

ANNOUNCING a new FH smiley. Use it judiciously and selectively as to not diminish its impact!

Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    what he throw for in that game 200 yards??? he was solid that day but other than two backside sacks late by a washed up osi and folks osi as a win pass rusher minus schematics is washed up he had a clean pocket all game long...the read op gives you in breaking routes with one on one looks all over the place...you surprised atlanta with it and your oc had a very good schematic gameplan...

as for tannehill not ever playing better tanny showed more in that zona game last year against blitz pressure and heavy pressure at that than smith ever has...and tanny also was one of the league leaders in under pressure efficiency as a rookie...

not to mention he's top level as a 3rd down conversion qb in 2013 with zero running game and a gaping wound oline...top level red zone td efficiency without many win red zone options and lacking a wr that he can even throw a fade to when he gets down there

this year tannehills played 4 at worst very solid games...been a victim of poor oline play and dropped balls...lead gameclinching td drives vs cleveland and gamewinning td drives against indy and the falcons...

yes the pocket management needs to get better mainly climbing the pocket but if he had as clean looks as geno did vs atl tannehill would have shredded em...
    you would think better of him if he threw for 400 and threw 2 key INTs like Ryan at Arizona last year?

One of those sacks looked like his fault, the other Brick made the mistake- it appeared.

He threw away that Arizona game and your WR had a million yds after the catch on some busted coverages.

Miller is averaging 4.2 YPC, Powell 4.1. where is this great run game that we have?

I am not debating who is better right now, Ryan is better and should be w/ a years experience and vastly superior weapons. Geno's Atl game was better than any game Ryan has played and it's not really close.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Geno Smith is not close to Ryan Tannehill. His accuracy is worse than buttfumble'. A more equal comparison at this point is Smith and Manual.
    Clearly you haven't watched him.

Smith and manuel are a good comparison, both rookies showing they have the ability to play in this league but both still have a lot to prove.
    Quote Quote  

7. -107

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    i haven't seen enough of manuel yet to make any real read but what i have seen other than he spreads the ball around pretty well to his receivers i haven't been very impressed...offense is painfully conservative too...
    Quote Quote  

8. -108

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you would think better of him if he threw for 400 and threw 2 key INTs like Ryan at Arizona last year?

One of those sacks looked like his fault, the other Brick made the mistake- it appeared.

He threw away that Arizona game and your WR had a million yds after the catch on some busted coverages.

Miller is averaging 4.2 YPC, Powell 4.1. where is this great run game that we have?

I am not debating who is better right now, Ryan is better and should be w/ a years experience and vastly superior weapons. Geno's Atl game was better than any game Ryan has played and it's not really close.

Smith and manuel are a good comparison, both rookies showing they have the ability to play in this league but both still have a lot to prove.
    one of tannehills picks in that zona game was cause of contact on his throwing motion by a blown blitz pickup by a rb...

let's just be real here though...tannehills picks are never throwing the ball into coverage or awful decisions...they are tipped balls at the los or contact during his throwing motion...rarely if ever a true poor decision

his fumbles aren't anything as god awful as smiths are either...

looking forward to unloading those blitz packages on geno in the near future...
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    one of tannehills picks in that zona game was cause of contact on his throwing motion by a blown blitz pickup by a rb...

let's just be real here though...tannehills picks are never throwing the ball into coverage or awful decisions...they are tipped balls at the los or contact during his throwing motion...rarely if ever a true poor decision

his fumbles aren't anything as god awful as smiths are either...

looking forward to unloading those blitz packages on geno in the near future...
    Geno threw an INt as he got hit Sunday too, they don't count? Ryan locked on his receiver and didn't feel the pressure.

INts are INTs, yes Geno's have been mostly from poor decision making but Ryan seems to turn it over in bad spots whether tipped, hit or whatever reason.

His fumble in that Ari game was pretty bad too.

I'm looking forward to unleashing our DL on that Miami OL and pressure Ryan into some bad passes.

Right now Ryan is w/o question the better QB but will Ryan become a top 10 type starter? will Geno? will Manuel be better than both of them? TBD in the coming years but it would be nice if all 3 panned out and NE was at the bottom when Brady leaves.
    Quote Quote  

10. -110
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

I have watched quite a bit of him. He has some really good throws and good games then follows it up with bad games and horrible accuracy. He threw a horrible ball into triple coverage that was an easy int against the Steelers. A week earlier he cones up big against Atl.

Tannehill has clearly elevated his game this year and I'm very comfortable in saying he is indeed going to be very good. Geno has flashed but is inconsistent. To soon to tell on Geno but at this point, I think he is no better than buttfumble. But to be fair, he should get at least another season as the starter for the Jets.
    Quote Quote