Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Geno better than Ryan..........

1. -111
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    I have watched quite a bit of him. He has some really good throws and good games then follows it up with bad games and horrible accuracy. He threw a horrible ball into triple coverage that was an easy int against the Steelers. A week earlier he cones up big against Atl.

Tannehill has clearly elevated his game this year and I'm very comfortable in saying he is indeed going to be very good. Geno has flashed but is inconsistent. To soon to tell on Geno but at this point, I think he is no better than buttfumble. But to be fair, he should get at least another season as the starter for the Jets.
    That Pitt INt wasn't an accuracy issue, it was a decision making issue. The ball should never have been thrown.

He's not better than Mark, he's better than Mark 2012 but Mark 2012 was horrible thanks to the lack of healthy talent around him. mark pre 2012 was much better than Ryan or Geno. I hope we can win big w/ Geno as we did w/ Mark.
    Quote Quote  

2. -112
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you should be mark buttfumble agent...you'd have to be making money off of him to keep the faith...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

3. -113
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    That Pitt INt wasn't an accuracy issue, it was a decision making issue. The ball should never have been thrown.

He's not better than Mark, he's better than Mark 2012 but Mark 2012 was horrible thanks to the lack of healthy talent around him. mark pre 2012 was much better than Ryan or Geno. I hope we can win big w/ Geno as we did w/ Mark.
    It sailed over the WRs head right into the deep safties arms. He wasn't close with that pass.

A lack of healthy talent was not what did buttfumble in. Horrible ball security to go along with a loss of confidence led to his downfall. No doubt he had minimal talent but you can argue that Geno doesn't have much more.
    Quote Quote  

4. -114

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    mark buttfumble did himself in...the excuses got to stop...it all went belly up starting in year 3 when they made him the focal point of the o...has never improved just regression...scattershot accuracy and to this day still cannot id/account for a free blitzer to save his life...

an easy target for dcs to expose with slot and safety blitzes etc...just awful at recognition and accounting for blitzes even ones that there's no attempt to disguise

it's over junc...
    Quote Quote  

5. -115
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    mark buttfumble did himself in...the excuses got to stop...it all went belly up starting in year 3 when they made him the focal point of the o...has never improved just regression...scattershot accuracy and to this day still cannot id/account for a free blitzer to save his life...

an easy target for dcs to expose with slot and safety blitzes etc...

it's over junc...the guys done
    he had no help, the talent around him regressed to the point where Chaz Schilens was starting. Look at what Eli is doing w/ 2 PB caliber WRs and one really good 3rd WR.

He wasn't made the focal point of the O in 2011, we couldn't run the ball and would fall behind early forcing us to pass. We got back in games and our D would fold late.

I know it's over but I still appreciate what he did for us and think he got a raw deal here.
    Quote Quote  

6. -116

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he had no help, the talent around him regressed to the point where Chaz Schilens was starting. Look at what Eli is doing w/ 2 PB caliber WRs and one really good 3rd WR.

He wasn't made the focal point of the O in 2011, we couldn't run the ball and would fall behind early forcing us to pass. We got back in games and our D would fold late.

I know it's over but I still appreciate what he did for us and think he got a raw deal here.
    you could hide his weaknesses when you had a strong running game and he could work off pa and a short field from your stout defense...but the more you put on his plate the more the sores showed...

anyways i'm done with it...the guys real close to being out of the league...
    Quote Quote  

7. -117
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

Geno's interceptions vs Pitt were both awful decisions. Head scratchers. The first one, one of the dumbest throws I've ever seen in my life, and his excuse that he was 'trying to throw it away' is just comical.

The second one, yes he got hit as he threw it, but here's the thing, he was throwing it into triple coverage again.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

8. -118

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i didn't see the pitt game...but i can imagine what the mistakes were like...

if you find evidence of tannehill ever throwing a ball into triple coverage let me know...cause i haven't seen it yet in 21 starts...
    Quote Quote  

9. -119
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    i didn't see the pitt game...but i can imagine what the mistakes were like...

if you find evidence of tannehill ever throwing a ball into triple coverage let me know...cause i haven't seen it yet in 21 starts...
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201310...ghts&tab=recap

Just look at the first pick (the Ryan Clark interception) -- it's such an insanely awful decision and throw. You watch that throw and tell me you believe him for a second that he was trying to throw it away.

The second one, count the white jerseys there to make a play on that ball. Awful decision regardless of whether or not he got hit as he threw.
    Quote Quote  

10. -120
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you could hide his weaknesses when you had a strong running game and he could work off pa and a short field from your stout defense...but the more you put on his plate the more the sores showed...

anyways i'm done with it...the guys real close to being out of the league...
    when he had weapons he was good, as the weapons left he struggled. Outside of Tom Brady who else could win w/ the Chaz Schilens/Clyde Gates' of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    Geno's interceptions vs Pitt were both awful decisions. Head scratchers. The first one, one of the dumbest throws I've ever seen in my life, and his excuse that he was 'trying to throw it away' is just comical.

The second one, yes he got hit as he threw it, but here's the thing, he was throwing it into triple coverage again.
    I hear you, I don't disagree. My disagreement w/ you was over accuracy as he has been pretty accurate but Sunday wasn't a great example of that.
    Quote Quote