Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Geno better than Ryan..........

1. -131
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The guy who throws everyone under the bus to defend the indefensible worst statistical starter since Jamarcus accusing others of making excuses is the epitome of cluelessness (or homerism and puppy love) . You can't make this stuff up

Just hope he's as right about Geno as everyone with any vestige of objectivity realizes how cluelessly wrong he is about The Butt Taco!

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

2. -132
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post

what lucky streak did we hit? was it losing 2 bogus INts in a close loss to GB? was it Holmes dropping a wide open TD vs. you guys? where was the luck?
    Against Broncos (The pass interference that should never have happened at end of game) against the Lions (Stafford going down in a close game), against the Browns (Tie game, Browns are driving close to kick winning FG, ex-Jets tries to get a few extra yards and Fumbles away the win)...to name a few.
    My personal Draft:

1st Round: C. J Mosley(ILB)

2nd Round: Joel Bitonio(T)

3rd Round: C. J. Fiedorowicz(TE)

4th Round: Dakota Dozier (T/G)

5th Round: Daniel McCullers(DT)

6th Round: Marqueston Huff(S/CB)

7th Round: Jay Prosch(FB)
    Quote Quote  

3. -133
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by tay0365 View Post
    Against Broncos (The pass interference that should never have happened at end of game) against the Lions (Stafford going down in a close game), against the Browns (Tie game, Browns are driving close to kick winning FG, ex-Jets tries to get a few extra yards and Fumbles away the win)...to name a few.
    a terrible call gave Den the lead, mark threw his first INts of the year that game. he scrambled and gave his WR a chance to make a play and he was interfered with.

Stafford went down, it happens. He led us back from 10 pts down w/ 4 mins left.

our kicker missed THREE FGs, a couple of chip shot ones at Cleveland. I am not sure where luck played a role, that game never should have made it to OT.

I guarantee you if you look at any playoff team you will see multiple games they won where it was supposedly a gift. Good teams find ways to win those games, bad teams don't.
    Quote Quote  

4. -134
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    He's not better than Mark, he's better than Mark 2012 but Mark 2012 was horrible thanks to the lack of healthy talent around him. mark pre 2012 was much better than Ryan or Geno. I hope we can win big w/ Geno as we did w/ Mark.
    Geno was throwing to Cumberland, Hill, Gates, and Kerley against Atlanta. Isn't that basically the same group of WRs that Mark was throwing to when he was absolutely dreadful in 2012?
    Quote Quote  

5. -135
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Geno was throwing to Cumberland, Hill, Gates, and Kerley against Atlanta. Isn't that basically the same group of WRs that Mark was throwing to when he was absolutely dreadful in 2012?
    2nd year Hill vs. rookie
    Cumberland 1st year starting seeing playing time in 2012
    Gates isn't very good but we just picked him up in 2012- no offseason or preseason
    Kerley is good but as a 3rd option type of guy while he was our #1 most of 2012.
    we had Winslow that night too who has been huge for Geno.

we also had our full compliment of RBs in Atl w/ Ivory, Powell and Goodson. Unfortunately Goodson is now out

last week was the first week the talent was getting close to what mark had to work with in 2012 and Geno struggled. Holmes is his best WR and was out and Winslow his security blanket(leading receiver) was out.
    Quote Quote  

6. -136
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    a terrible call gave Den the lead, mark threw his first INts of the year that game. he scrambled and gave his WR a chance to make a play and he was interfered with.

Stafford went down, it happens. He led us back from 10 pts down w/ 4 mins left.

our kicker missed THREE FGs, a couple of chip shot ones at Cleveland. I am not sure where luck played a role, that game never should have made it to OT.

I guarantee you if you look at any playoff team you will see multiple games they won where it was supposedly a gift. Good teams find ways to win those games, bad teams don't.
    Funny when it's your team that missed make-ables and chip shots, it's the jest that should have won easily. However in the playoffs, when it's Kaedig, the most accurate kicker in the league who misses a makeable 50 something, and 36 and 40, coupled with a 53 yard TD run anomaly from Shon Greene, despite your QB going 12-23 with a 60QBR, the jest eking out a 3pt win shouldn't instead have ended up with SD winning going away. Go figure
    Quote Quote  

7. -137
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    ... Actually, "Geno" is better than both of them.

Just saying.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote  

8. -138
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    missed kicks are part of the game and since when is a 58 yarder a makeable kick? I didn't make excuses like you I simply countered an incorrect point that said we were lucky- how is missing 3 kicks including a 24 yarder lucky?

kaeding was a horrible postseason kicker, missed a big kick against us in '04, missed a big win against NE in '06 then missed a couple makeable ones against us. Our K missed 2 in Indy in the title game, it's part of the game.
    Quote Quote  

9. -139
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Quote  

10. -140
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Where the heck is the LOL @ the Jets thread???????
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote