Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Geno better than Ryan..........

1. -161
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    when he starts winning I'll agree but being 6-6 and beating a bad team while playing poorly doesn't show me much YET. He has 4 games to go, the playoffs are in his hands. Let's see him do it.
    Unfortunately he doesn't have a strong running game like buttfumble benefited from. It's going to be tough but not impossible.
    Quote Quote  

2. -162
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    I'm just as excited to see if the great Rex can coach his team to enough wins to save his job
    to me he has, he's done an outstanding job this year. His best 2 coaching jobs have been this year and last year, the records don't indicate that but see what he had to work w/ on offense and to even be in the race in dec was a miracle.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Unfortunately he doesn't have a strong running game like buttfumble benefited from. It's going to be tough but not impossible.
    actually he does, they just don't run enough. We have by far the best rush D in the league and you ran it pretty well but abandoned it. You can run the football, you foolishly choose not to which is why you are only 6-6 instead if being 8-4 or better.
    Quote Quote  

3. -163
    Average Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    to me he has, he's done an outstanding job this year. His best 2 coaching jobs have been this year and last year, the records don't indicate that but see what he had to work w/ on offense and to even be in the race in dec was a miracle.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

actually he does, they just don't run enough. We have by far the best rush D in the league and you ran it pretty well but abandoned it. You can run the football, you foolishly choose not to which is why you are only 6-6 instead if being 8-4 or better.
    LOL...Well lets hope Rex has many more outstanding years like these last 2
    Quote Quote  

4. -164
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Had View Post
    LOL...Well lets hope Rex has many more outstanding years like these last 2
    w/ more talent we'll see more wins.
    Quote Quote  

5. -165
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he probably saw the impressive fantasy #s which wows most fans. Tannehill has the ability but he has not had a very good year overall despite decent #s.

It is the present, let's see the great Ryan help his team reach and win in the playoffs.
    Impressive fantasy numbers? Yeah, because I guess i'm that narrow minded. No. I watched the game. I pay attention to what all the QB's around the league are doing. Just because you don't like the Dolphins doesnt mean every player on the team is no good.

It's ok to admit when an opposing player is good Junc. Most analysts will tell you that Tannehill is a pretty good QB, or is at least developing into one. It's pretty well known now.

Go look at the stats, and watch him play. If you still come to the conclusion that he isnt very good your not paying attention.

Screen shot 2013-12-03 at 12.45.11 PM.png

These stats tell the story, and there not fantasy stats. But I guess your of the thought that you have to watch every game to know how good a player is. That being the case, you really can't have an opinion on many other players outside of the Jets players then. Because you can't possibly watch every single game, every single week.
    Last edited by Jetsfan89; 12-03-2013 at 02:12 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -166
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan89 View Post
    Impressive fantasy numbers? Yeah, because I guess i'm that narrow minded. No. I watched the game. I pay attention to what all the QB's around the league are doing. Just because you don't like the Dolphins doesnt mean every player on the team is no good.

It's ok to admit when an opposing player is good Junc. Most analysts will tell you that Tannehill is a pretty good QB, or is at least developing into one. It's pretty well known now.

Go look at the stats, and watch him play. If you still come to the conclusion that he isnt very good your not paying attention.

Screen shot 2013-12-03 at 12.45.11 PM.png

These stats tell the story, and there not fantasy stats. But I guess your of the thought that you have to watch every game to know how good a player is. That being the case, you really can't have an opinion on many other players outside of the Jets players then. Because you can't possibly watch every single game, every single week.
    I will always admit when opposing players play well, Ryan Tannehill did not play well and please spare me your graphs and statsheets. I saw him miss a ton of easy throws, if he was good that game is over by halftime.

I don't see every play of every game but I see a lot more than just the Jets.
    Quote Quote  

7. -167
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I will always admit when opposing players play well, Ryan Tannehill did not play well and please spare me your graphs and statsheets. I saw him miss a ton of easy throws, if he was good that game is over by halftime.

A ton? You make it easy to see how you exaggerate which clouds your ability to see the entire game. He wasn't good in the first half. He was fine in the second. The stats support that as do the eyeballs watching the game.
    Quote Quote  

8. -168
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    A ton? You make it easy to see how you exaggerate which clouds your ability to see the entire game. He wasn't good in the first half. He was fine in the second. The stats support that as do the eyeballs watching the game.
    He missed a lot of throws, again- that game should have been over by halftime. The stats look much better than the eyeball test. he was better in the 2nd mostly due to 2 WRs taking short passes and making 3-4 guys miss turning them into long TDs.
    Quote Quote  

9. -169
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Well those graphs tell the story better then a persons eyes can. You can't see what every player is doing on every play in a game.

He also made a ton of throws too, didnt really turn the ball over besides the one pick where he got hit which was a great play by the Jets D as oppose to a mistake by Tannehill.

And this is all with a pretty average at best supporting cast. His O-Line is garbage, Mike Wallace was a terrible signing in my opinion, Hartline and Clay are average players. He has more to work with then the Jets QB's the last 2 years have had no doubt, but thats not that good of a team.

My only point is that QB is not the issue for them. They have a lot of work to do still. While we are rebuilding, they have clearly passed that phase, which makes their 6-6 record a little disappointing (especially after starting 3-0). But they have a QB which is a huge step forward.
    Quote Quote  

10. -170
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan89 View Post
    Well those graphs tell the story better then a persons eyes can. You can't see what every player is doing on every play in a game.

He also made a ton of throws too, didnt really turn the ball over besides the one pick where he got hit which was a great play by the Jets D as oppose to a mistake by Tannehill.

And this is all with a pretty average at best supporting cast. His O-Line is garbage, Mike Wallace was a terrible signing in my opinion, Hartline and Clay are average players. He has more to work with then the Jets QB's the last 2 years have had no doubt, but thats not that good of a team.

My only point is that QB is not the issue for them. They have a lot of work to do still. While we are rebuilding, they have clearly passed that phase, which makes their 6-6 record a little disappointing (especially after starting 3-0). But they have a QB which is a huge step forward.
    Obviously not if you think he was good Sunday.

I don't think QB is an issue for them either, I think Ryan can be a good QB in this league but he has not had a good year. I expect he will continue to get better though.
    Quote Quote