Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Geno better than Ryan..........

1. -41
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    That's not true, that's guy who had comebacks on the road in postseason so he's had better games and at his worst he was never worse than Geno the week before. That was a terrible performance by Geno at Tennessee.
    You must have erased from your memory how bad Mark buttfumble played at Tenn last year. I don't blame you.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    You must have erased from your memory how bad Mark buttfumble played at Tenn last year. I don't blame you.
    As bad as he was(and he was brutal) he wasn't as bad as Geno.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    As bad as he was(and he was brutal) he wasn't as bad as Geno.
    I wouldn't expect you to say anything less. Mark is the same guy who went 10 for 30 for 119 yards with 0TDs and 6 Ints against Buffalo, but he has never had as bad a game as Geno did against Tennessee.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I wouldn't expect you to say anything less. Mark is the same guy who went 10 for 30 for 119 yards with 0TDs and 6 Ints against Buffalo, but he has never had as bad a game as Geno did against Tennessee.
    "Only" had 5 INts vs. Buf. geno had 1 less TO but each TO turned into a TD and he dropped back 15 yds to nearly get us a safety(if the defender let him take another step we have a safety) and he dropped back another 15 and went around the back to give Ten a TD. That was worse than mark vs. Buf in his first cold weather game.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    According to ESPN's total QBR stat, they are both pretty close so far. Not that I love this stat.

Tannehill-44.9 QBR

Smith-43.7 QBR

Tannehill is in year 2, he should be better right now. Geno is a rookie learning a new system and the speed of the NFL. Hes made some dumb rookie mistakes, but hes also made a lot of "wow" plays that shows his talent. I think Geno is going to be better than buttfumble, but will he be a franchise QB? Still early in the season, who knows how good Geno will be or Tannehill. But lets not act like Tannehill has been a star so far.

But how about their first 5 games?

Tannehill-

169 attempts 97 completions. 57%

2 TD 5 INT

1,269 yards

1 rushing TD

Smith-

156 attempts 94 completions. 60%

7 TD 8 INT

1,289 yards

1 rushing TD
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Boondock Saint

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cary, North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mark buttfumble but since he's not available I will reserve judgment until either player actually does something in this league.
    No thank you, buttfumble is damaged goods, i like what Geno has done so far.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC View Post
    Your signature makes me forget how bad this thread is.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC View Post
    I just don't understand how anyone could want buttfumble. The guy's whole legacy is based on 4 road playoff wins in 2 years. Impressive, yes, but the guy was incredibly erratic throughout both seasons. In 2011 he did the same thing minus the playoff wins and then in 2012 he was awful.

He never proved himself to be anything more then a below average QB who was capable of elevating his level of play from time to time.

Idk what Geno is going to end up being, but so far i'm fairly happy with what i've seen and happy to put the Mark buttfumble days behind me.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    The Anti-Fistpumper

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan89 View Post
    I just don't understand how anyone could want buttfumble. The guy's whole legacy is based on 4 road playoff wins in 2 years. Impressive, yes, but the guy was incredibly erratic throughout both seasons. In 2011 he did the same thing minus the playoff wins and then in 2012 he was awful.

He never proved himself to be anything more then a below average QB who was capable of elevating his level of play from time to time.

Idk what Geno is going to end up being, but so far i'm fairly happy with what i've seen and happy to put the Mark buttfumble days behind me.
    That's the way most people ( Dolphins fans, Jets fans, and everyone else) see buttfumble. The potential was there but he just didn't have the mindset to be a leader of men. You could clearly see that he lacked confidence and it showed in his play. There is one guy on this forum who will disagree though and I expect to see his rebuttal shortly lol
    "It is wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago"
    - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice-President

Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan89 View Post

other than the 4 playoff wins which double the next most of any QB in Jets history. Is that it? he gave us a chance to reach 2 SBs which our overrated Ds choked in to prevent us from going. He got us closer to a SB than at any point since SB III.

He had ONE bad year, a year w/ the worst offensive talent in the league(healthy talent) and Tony Sparano running things w/ the Tebow distraction hovering over the team.

This is why Jet fans don't deserve a winner, we finally have a guy we can win big with and they want him gone b/c he sucked in a situation no QB could succeed in.

Obviously I know Mark's career as a Jet is over(barring something incredibly crazy) but I'd take a healthy Mark on my team any day. It's not his fault since 2010 the talent eroded around him.

He went from Braylon, Holmes, Cotch and Keller in 2010 to:

-losing Braylon and getting an older WR who just spent 2 years in prison, picking up an old WR in camp and having 3 of his top 5 weapons out of football the next year.

-in 2012 he saw Chaz Schilens starting, he lost Holmes and his favorite target keller, Clyde Gates couldn't make the dolphins yet he played a prominent role for us picking him up after the season began.

Mark has proven he can win big in this league but you need talent. heck, look at Eli w/ talent Mark has never had and he's 0-5. Look at ben w/ little talent(still much more than mark had last year). Unless your name is Tom Brady you need talent to throw and handoff to in this league. When mark had it he won big, when he didn't he sucked much like Eli and ben are sucking w/ much more talent right now.
    Quote Quote