Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Geno better than Ryan..........

1. -71
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I love the excuses flowing on Jets Insider and Gang Green.

"They were coming off a bye! We were coming off a short week! It was a trap game!"

Bottom line, when your team gets stomped on by an 0-4 disaster like the 2013 Steelers and your QB serves up a couple of ducks for the Steelers' first two forced turnovers of the year, maybe, just maybe, those wins against the winless Bucs, second rate Bills, and Falcons backups don't look quite so hot.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post

"They were coming off a bye! We were coming off a short week! It was a trap game!"

Bottom line, when your team gets stomped on by an 0-4 disaster like the 2013 Steelers and your QB serves up a couple of ducks for the Steelers' first two forced turnovers of the year, maybe, just maybe, those wins against the winless Bucs, second rate Bills, and Falcons backups don't look quite so hot.
    In the game against the Bills most of their defensive secondary was either out injured or repositioned, so Geno was throwing mostly against scrubs.... and Spiller also went out in the first half; still the Bills were sufficiently pathetic that they couldn't translate the jests' embarrassingly coached 20penalties/167 yards of gifts into anything better than a 1TD loss.

ANNOUNCING a new FH smiley. Use it judiciously and selectively as to not diminish its impact!

Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he's a rookie, he was facing a LeBeau D w/ 2 weeks to prepare w/ the Jets coming off an emotional short week. It shouldn't be shocking we lost and that he struggled. I expect to win against NE on Sunday.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Made an incredibly bad decision throwing basically a jump ball to the third strong tight end in triple coverage. Very poor.

The second pick was whatever, the game was pretty much over at that point and Geno got hit as he was throwing. The ball changed direction for an easy pick. That stuff happens to every QB. He did a good job of protecting the ball under the pressure (fumble wise) but the picks are still an issue.

Dick Lebeau has an incredibly good record against rookie QB's. Next week is going to be a big test against the Patriots, this is the second time he will see Bellicheck. It's a huge game for this team.

So far i've seen Geno play very well 2 times, play solid against Tampa. Look really bad twice, and then this week he was definitely bad. It wasn't Tennessee bad but it was a step back. Like I said i'm giving him a break since it was against Lebeau but this next week is going to be a huge test. I expect him to bounce back strong in his building against the Patriots.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    In the game against the Bills most of their defensive secondary was either out injured or repositioned, so Geno was throwing mostly against scrubs.... and Spiller also went out in the first half; still the Bills were sufficiently pathetic that they couldn't translate the jests' embarrassingly coached 20penalties/167 yards of gifts into anything better than a 1TD loss.
    They are going to protect their guy, it's only natural. It took them years to turn on Sanchez. To be honest, I think Jets fans should be optimistic for entirely different reasons. John Idzik is doing a good job right now.

In just one year he was able to remove the Mevis distraction, acquire two blue chip players on defense, put Rex Ryan in an untenable situation that will make it possible for Idzik to fire him and bring in his own coach, and evaluate a brand new QB. If he turned out to be good, they could have kept him, and as they now discover that he blows, they can let him keep throwing away winnable football games and climb the board for a much better QB prospect in 2014.

So Jets fans should be very happy with the way the team is positioning itself to move forward, just not for any of the reasons that they are willing to admit. The only thing that's really going wrong right now is that they got a gift-wrapped win and then ran into Atlanta's third stringers. You figure they steal 3 more wins down the stretch and 6-10 isn't going to get them Teddy Bridgewater.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I expect to win against NE on Sunday.
    and I expect that knock at my door is Ed McMann with a big check from Publisher clearing house

I'll be holding my nose and rooting for yous guys never the less
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    he's a rookie, he was facing a LeBeau D w/ 2 weeks to prepare w/ the Jets coming off an emotional short week. It shouldn't be shocking we lost and that he struggled. I expect to win against NE on Sunday.
    See ... I really can't tell if you're serious anymore.

You're trolling, right?!?
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote  

8. -78
    The Anti-Fistpumper

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ummmm Yeah. Good luck with that Junc lol.
    "It is wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago"
    - Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice-President

Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post

I so couldn't resist. LOL!

Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lebeau with that much time to prepare is gonna give a rookie qb fits...so i get that...but genos just not that good also...looks good when he has a clean pocket and can eye bang his targets can throw some nice balls but situational awareness is plum awful...

i think the jets are wasting time frankly...if i was a jets fan i'd want to be in a better position come the 2014 draft to land a qb...every win makes it that much harder...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote