Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 131415161718

Thread: General NCAA thread

1. -171
    17-0, 347 wins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Milky Way
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    That was anything but a typical thunderstorm. The pictures of the field were awful. With the ridiculous string of injuries we had last year I don't have a problem with them canceling the game with the field being that bad. What's funny is that Showers almost scored anyway on that kickoff return while about ankle deep in water. Luckily we have a common bye on 10/25 so we have a backup date if they want to reschedule.

It was a sign from God. One can only hope that Gator fans flocked in droves to church this morning in repent.

Found it quite amusing and ironic that the only player who touched the ball was named "Showers".

Quote Quote  

2. -172
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Marlon Mack, who has had my juices flowing since I first heard he was considering USF and I looked at his high school tape, just sent a loud and clear message that he will be a guy you want to watch for 2017.

That's a long way away obviously. But the true freshman ran 24 times for 275 yards and 4 TDs last night. It was against Western Carolina, but it was a hella impressive performance.

The reason he got me all jazzed coming out of high school was because I rarely see a back with his kind of vision out of the backfield, seeing both the line of scrimmage and the linebackers before he even has the ball, while at the same time possessing such physical gifts. Speed, explosiveness, tackle breaking, he's got the full package.

Last edited by ckparrothead; 09-01-2014 at 01:23 AM.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -173
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jesus. I mean I know it's Eastern Michigan but I don't even remember the last time we scored that many points. I was going to be bummed our offense didn't get the extra reps against Idaho but that team is bad enough that it would have been a similar result. Ok on to a Kentucky team that might not be a total pushover for a change.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

4. -174
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Your attention please, in case you had forgotten, Jeff Driskel still sucks.
    Quote Quote  

5. -175
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    It was pretty disappointing the way Kentucky lost vs Florida.

It's second overtime, you have 4th and about 3 yards to go, you're down 30-27, you're struggling to move the ball and you can't stop their power running game.

Go for it. I was yelling at the screen. Go for it! What have you got to lose? 3OT, Kentucky can't move the ball and can't stop Florida's rushing attack. Game over. Coaches of underdog teams who coach conservatively deserve to lose.
    Oh no, we suck again!
    Quote Quote  

6. -176
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    It was pretty disappointing the way Kentucky lost vs Florida.

It's second overtime, you have 4th and about 3 yards to go, you're down 30-27, you're struggling to move the ball and you can't stop their power running game.

Go for it. I was yelling at the screen. Go for it! What have you got to lose? 3OT, Kentucky can't move the ball and can't stop Florida's rushing attack. Game over. Coaches of underdog teams who coach conservatively deserve to lose.
    Kentucky should have won. Even though that 4th down TD pass to Robinson (who is a stud I should add) probably should have been a delay, it's a split-second call and they happened to get it wrong. On the flip side, they had a horrible miss on a blatant late hit by Kentucky in the first half where the kid drills his helmet into Kelvin Taylor a good two seconds after the play. Still, Kentucky had two golden opportunities to win that game and didn't capitalize.

Regardless, glad the streak is still alive. 28 in a row.

Will Muschamp is a ****ty coach, Jeff Driskel is a ****ty QB and Bama is going to go in dry next weekend.
    Last edited by COphinphan89; 09-14-2014 at 12:01 PM.
    Quote Quote